Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70440
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60126
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47647
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 08-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #601
goodman0422
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12
Default It was never about a virus

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a news conference from the agency’s Geneva headquarters. “At the same time, we will not, we cannot go back to the way things were.”

Throughout history, outbreaks and pandemics have changed economies and societies, he said.

“In particular, the Covid-19 pandemic has given new impetus to the need to accelerate efforts to respond to climate change”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/21/who-...-pandemic.html

It was never about a virus.
goodman0422 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:18 PM   #602
oeb11
Valued Poster

Defund the WHO - and the UN!!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:46 PM   #603
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

YSID, your first document quoted is not an original source document from the CDC. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ible-infection
I'd be happy to review the original document if you can provide.

The second document is a guidance document from the CDC. If you can't understand that generic medical advice (in this case a Known Exposure) is usually given on the side of caution, then I'm afraid I can't help you much. Hopefully others understand.

Strokey, the "politicals" and most others wear the kind of mask currently recommended by the CDC. In infer that you believe that N95 masks are the "right" kind, but they have to date been recommended only for medical providers in high risk settings. That was (still is ?) due to supply issues; ironically, many are made in China. I've never worn one, but they must be individually fitted to provide a tight seal, and I've been told by using physicians that the can be somewhat uncomfortable for some.

Arm chair quarterbacking is easy, but in my opinion (I stress opinion, not fact, as many here fail to do), the administration should have nationalized production of N95 masks and provided at little or no cost to those who wanted to protect THEMSELVES rather than asking everyone to wear masks to protect OTHERS. Then the haters and non-believers would have nothing to bitch about. Instead, the administration built ventilators (slowly) that probably weren't needed if they had taken NATIONAL control of the pandemic (as opposed to shifting responsibility and blame to the states) and directed that resources be direct to where needed (for example, litte affected hospitals in Midwest loan their ventilators to NYC early on). A couple of the reasons I think the administration mismanaged the crisis.
reddog1951 is online now   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #604
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Sorry, I don't do random Google searches for hope-casted crap. I do however, from time to time, check in with the CDC. Since sucking eggs is your bag baby, today is your lucky day:

CDC guidelines say wearing a mask during prolonged exposure to coronavirus won't prevent possible infection
So you do admit there are lots of peer reviewed, published studies that support wearing masks to prevent spread of Covid 19 and SARS? They're all just hope-casted crap?

You still appear to be confused. Influenza is not caused by a coronavirus. Covid 19, SARS and MERS are.

A quote from your link above, one of several publications by the CDC that you twist around to try to indicate masks aren't good for shit: In July, Dr. Robert Redfield, director for the CDC, said, "If we could get everyone to wear a mask right now, I think in four, six, eight weeks, we could bring this epidemic under control.”

From Lancet, this is worth reading, a summary of an analysis of "172 observational studies and rigorously synthesised available evidence from 44 comparative studies on SARS, Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), COVID19, and the betacoronaviruses that cause these diseases."

https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/s...E41D0C6F4B291F

Their findings showed a reduction in risk of 82% of getting infected by maintaining a physical distance of one meter in health-care and community settings. Every additional one meter of separation more than doubled the relative protection, up to three meters.

Masks and respirators reduced the risk of infection by 85% with greater effectiveness in health care settings than the community, which they attribute to the predominant use of N95 masks in health care settings. N95 respirators were 96% effective; other masks were 67% effective.

Eye protection resulted in a 78% reduction in infection in health care settings.

If you do nothing, take no precautions, the average person with Covid 19 transmits the disease to 3 other people. If you can reduce that ratio to under 1, then the disease dies out, as long as the ratio stays below 1. Yeah, you're not going to reduce the probability to "0" that somebody will transmits Covid 19 if everybody wears masks or social distances. But you can reduce it enough with those sorts of measures to get below an infection transmission rate of 1, at much lower cost to the economy than a lockdown or letting the disease run rampant.

Say a person is infected with Covid and doesn't know it, which may be the case for the majority of interactions, either because he doesn't have symptoms yet (so doesn't know to stay home) or is asymptomatic or thinks he just has something like a cold. And say he stays at least a meter away from other people. So, being conservative based on the above, maybe that reduces the probability he'll transmit the disease by 70%. And say he and others are wearing masks. Knock off another 60%. At this point if you do the math and if these are independent variables, you've reduced the probability of transmission by 88%. Add in eye protection and you're doing even better. And obviously, as you've stated, if people who are symptomatic would stay home that would help a lot. Not as many people die. You don't have as much damage to the economy. It's pretty simple.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #605
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Sorry, you are a number that is disconnected or was never in functional service

Let's see if I can help your inability to understand somewhat. The first document links to the second and third documents offered. They are written in English to facilitate your understanding. See how 2 follows 1 and 3 follows 2. It's called a sequence or chain, in this case from doc 1. I believe there may have been other social media involved like Twatter links to CDC content and a concept called "links" (in blue type), to additional data. This is called mixed media.

So put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and learn for yourself. You apparently are unaware that CDC issues several types of documents to enhance your understanding. Some actually have different names. Apparently they expect the reader to tie the information together from multiple types of documents to garner the full understanding. I can see where that could be a serious challenge for you and I want to express my deep and sincere lack of caring whether you can handle the task or not. Dolt on!

Failing all of that, maybe the music video posted above that article resonates and explains your life in greater detail??

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
YSID, your first document quoted is not an original source document from the CDC. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ible-infection
I'd be happy to review the original document if you can provide.

The second document is a guidance document from the CDC. If you can't understand that generic medical advice (in this case a Known Exposure) is usually given on the side of caution, then I'm afraid I can't help you much. Hopefully others understand....
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:35 PM   #606
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default yes and no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
So you do admit there are lots of peer reviewed, published studies that support wearing masks to prevent spread of Covid 19 and SARS?...
No!

Quote:
...They're all just hope-casted crap?...
Yes!

Quote:
...You still appear to be confused. Influenza is not caused by a coronavirus. Covid 19, SARS and MERS are. ..
Focus your Tiny mind on the actual mechanics and physics of how respiratory 'influenza like illnesses' transmit from human to human. The dross you seem focused on is immaterial. Who gives a rat's pah-toot if the study says COVID in it or not, except you?

Quote:
A quote from your link above, one of several publications by the CDC that you twist around to try to indicate masks aren't good for shit: In July, Dr. Robert Redfield, director for the CDC, said, "If we could get everyone to wear a mask right now, I think in four, six, eight weeks, we could bring this epidemic under control.”
Are you saying that was a lie or when the CDC said NOT to wear a mask, prior to May 6th was a lie? Or was it linked article 3, published May 2020 that was the lie or the 14 or 44 others published ahead of that? Pick your lie and run with it I guess. Or are you saying that medical masks were designed to prevent the spread of respiratory 'influenza like illnesses' from human to human. Be cool if you got the design statement they used. BTW: Isn't Redfield now retired?

Quote:
From Lancet, this is worth reading, a summary of an analysis of "172 observational studies and rigorously synthesised available evidence from 44 comparative studies on SARS, Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), COVID19, and the betacoronaviruses that cause these diseases."
https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/s...E41D0C6F4B291F
Time permitting I may read it. Lancet has taken too many hit points to their credibility based on their goal seeking endeavors lately. I will say straight up, categorically, that an 82% number is garbage - IMHO. Does not pass a sniff test within any reasonable sense of the word. The definitional differences between a" health care" and "community" setting is physically far too vast to even believe any number based solely on that single criteria to even waste time reading further. Do you not understand that? When you are buying bread in a grocery store, do you think - ghee Wally, this would be a great place to get my adenoids removed while I'm here picking up lunch meats and such?

Quote:
Say a person is infected with Covid and doesn't know it,...
I believe you should wear handcuffs, looped around a thick leather belt that buckles in the back and a face shield, ala Hannibal Lector, because you may be a deviant cannibal and violent sex offender and neither of us even know it. Or YOU could stay home in your basement and get your groceries and sundries delivered in a cardboard box to your doorstep until you ain't too scared to go out in to the sunlight and public for fear of catching a cold. See? It's pretty simple.

Speaking of simple. No, not in your Tiny mind way. I mean in fortifying your body to be more resilient against attack from foreign agents. Try learning about that subject and you will be less scared of the real world. Stay away from people, especially people wearing masks. I would give that same advice pre-COVID BTW. And quit doing the Creepy Joe Biden space invading and hair sniffing of strangers in public.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #607
greenbook
Valued Poster

Why do so many people ignore that countries with populations 4-5 times larger than the US have far fewer deaths than the US, and many some countries have a death rate over one thousand times lower than the US, and test, trace and isolate is seemingly the only difference ( well, also a lower obesity rate)?
greenbook is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #608
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
The definitional differences between a" health care" and "community" setting is physically far too vast to even believe any number based solely on that single criteria to even waste time reading further. Do you not understand that? When you are buying bread in a grocery store, do you think - ghee Wally, this would be a great place to get my adenoids removed while I'm here picking up lunch meats and such?

I believe you should wear handcuffs, looped around a thick leather belt that buckles in the back and a face shield, ala Hannibal Lector, because you may be a deviant cannibal and violent sex offender and neither of us even know it. Or YOU could stay home in your basement and get your groceries and sundries delivered in a cardboard box to your doorstep until you ain't too scared to go out in to the sunlight and public for fear of catching a cold. See? It's pretty simple....Stay away from people, especially people wearing masks. I would give that same advice pre-COVID BTW. And quit doing the Creepy Joe Biden space invading and hair sniffing of strangers in public.
I "liked" your post because of your creative writing skills, which honestly are impressive, not for your scientific reasoning skills, which are lacking.

I take Cold Eze zinc lozenges when I get coronaviruses. I'm reluctant to take high quantities of zinc on a daily basis because there are risks, including increased risk of prostate cancer. And going through the rest of my life with a limp dick scares me more than dying from Covid. I'm going later this week to an area where the Covid is totally out of control, and will honestly take zinc while traveling because of your input. Thank you. Maybe combined with the face shield, goggles, N95 mask, and Chinese Type 56 SKS rifle that you make fun of (which makes people afraid to get anywhere near me) I'll survive.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:49 PM   #609
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbook View Post
Why do so many people ignore that countries with populations 4-5 times larger than the US have far fewer deaths than the US, and many some countries have a death rate over one thousand times lower than the US, and test, trace and isolate is seemingly the only difference ( well, also a lower obesity rate)?
back that up with stats. especially per capita deaths. you'll find out you are wrong. and if you believe China's "official" numbers would like to buy some real estate .. great location!!

BAHAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:49 PM   #610
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Fat fucks gonna die way way or another - no go drinks some sugar water.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:43 PM   #611
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Not necessarily. Japan and Thailand do limited testing and tracing but have the disease under control. Peru and Chile do comprehensive tracing and do not.

But four of the worst hit countries, Brazil, the USA, Sweden, Spain and Mexico do fit with what you say -- they do a poor job of tracing and the disease is out of control in all of those places except Sweden and arguably Spain. And it was out of control there. It's kind of a chicken and egg thing though. When the coronavirus gets out of control, when you don't have testing capacity, or when you can't get the tests back for a week, the tracing probably doesn't do a lot of good.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #612
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Not necessarily. Japan and Thailand do limited testing and tracing but have the disease under control. Peru and Chile do comprehensive tracing and do not.

But four of the worst hit countries, Brazil, the USA, Sweden, Spain and Mexico do fit with what you say -- they do a poor job of tracing and the disease is out of control in all of those places except Sweden and arguably Spain. And it was out of control there. It's kind of a chicken and egg thing though. When the coronavirus gets out of control, when you don't have testing capacity, or when you can't get the tests back for a week, the tracing probably doesn't do a lot of good.
out of control? in the US? prove it
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:16 AM   #613
Missburger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
bingo!!!

the rednecks from texas have no mental capacity to understand that, they feel masks are not important and just live and gather and spread it

rednecks!!!

cant expect more from them
Missburger is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #614
Missburger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
out of control? in the US? prove it
look at the number of cases

you want proof?

how many countries wont allow us to travel there because of the infection rate in our country.

look it up, it says it all redneck
Old 08-26-2020, 07:19 AM   #615
Missburger
Valued Poster

Quote:

and its going to get worst as major college universities are reporting breakouts

notre dame
syracuse
alabama
texas
texas tech
florida now has breakouts on campus

but but but

its going to just disapear one day like it was a cold

oh orange man
wat a fool

AMPReviews.net