Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 03-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #7471
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Well Rick Smith will have few places to hide in this town if his new platinum plated quarterback lays an egg this season.

I hope it works out, just not that optimistic.
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #7472
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldscum View Post
Yep $72 million and still don't have a bona fide NFL starter.
At 72 million, he's a starter now.

Who knows if he is going to be any good. He showed glimpses going 5 - 2 with 10 TD's and 6 picks. Really it was 6 1/2 games because he got benched in that last game when he was playing OK. Kubiak had to get Manning some reps.

I like that Smith and BoB have hitched their wagon to someone, anyone. Brock doesn't work out they all go down together. No more excuses.

They've picked up a good young back that can play all three downs and they're already addressing the vacancies at O-line.

Those moves allow them to go for a speed receiver that can stretch the field in the draft and maybe a TE that can play do more than one thing.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #7473
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Have the Texans cut Hoyer yet? Seems like that would save a few cap dollars.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #7474
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
At 72 million, he's a starter now.

Who knows if he is going to be any good. He showed glimpses going 5 - 2 with 10 TD's and 6 picks. Really it was 6 1/2 games because he got benched in that last game when he was playing OK. Kubiak had to get Manning some reps.

I like that Smith and BoB have hitched their wagon to someone, anyone. Brock doesn't work out they all go down together. No more excuses.

They've picked up a good young back that can play all three downs and they're already addressing the vacancies at O-line.

Those moves allow them to go for a speed receiver that can stretch the field in the draft and maybe a TE that can play do more than one thing.
I agree with much of the above! In a 24 hour period, the Texans and Broncos have switched roles as it relates to the QB position. While I would not call Brock an established starting QB, he is much more highly regarded as being NFL ready, than any QB currently on the Texans roster.

In my opinion, what BoB has accomplished in his two years as the Texans head coach (18-15 record) is mind boggling considering the revolving door at QB.

Bottom line, if Brock does not work out, Rick and BoB will be gone! That is the way it should be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Texans to sign Brock just looked up his stats from 2015. He was worse than Hoyer!
I personally considered yesterday to be a very good day for the Texans. Despite BL's repeated claims to the contrary! BL seems to enjoy shitting in his mess-kit.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:06 AM   #7475
BigLouie
Valued Poster

The Texans did make some good signings but I'll wait and see on the QB. If you look at Brock you will see a QB who has a big arm, can throw it down the field but is slow to make decisions aka holds on to the ball to long. In his games he was fine in the first half but in the second half was not so good as the other team adjusted to him. As the season went on he had problems moving the offense. Let's see how he does over the course of a whole season. Will he shine or will teams adjust to him quickly as the season goes on. Did the team just get a taller Brian Hoyer?
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:35 AM   #7476
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
Well that is a shit ton of money for another fucking backup, but Osweiller is better than anything we had.

I like Weeden as the backup.

Savage sucks, Hoyer sucks,

The Miller signing is a good one, as he is fast. We need OL for sure.
Better hope Big Duane Brown comes back at 100%.

I am slightly more pumped than yesterday.
I am with you on everything else but I am still not sure about Savage.

I see Savage, Brock, Weeden and Hoyer in camp.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #7477
jstone420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Savage will be gone dude can't play wasted draft pick
jstone420 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #7478
BigLouie
Valued Poster

I actually see the Texans drafting a QB in the 4th round. I see camp as Brock, Savage and draftee. All others gone
Old 03-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #7479
junglemonkey
Premium Access

Encounters: 24

Looks like the Texans just got in there with the FUCKING OX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
junglemonkey is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #7480
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Yesterday's USA Today article (yesterday) nailed it....there's a serious deficiency of quality QB's available in the NFL. Parity (or mediocrity in this case) reigns even at the most important position in football.

For Osweiler to get this kind of a contract, he should be ready & willing to service his agent, Jimmy Sexton, any hour of the day....for eternity. The sample of work simply is not there, period....yet, he's gonna get paid because someone was willing to do it. I give you... The Houston Texans brain trust.

Four years, $72 mil, $37 mil guaranteed. Puh-leeeeze!

Quoted, so often, "with great power comes great responsibility". Well, the same can be said per a "great contract" (or a FAT one, in this case.) Soooo much more is gonna be expected of Osweiler in Houston than what was on his shoulders during his short stint this past season with Denver.

Quick examination: take the Nov 15 game off his W-L slate vs KC (he didn't start). Remove the Dec 28 game vs San Diego, too (he didn't finish). Osweiler went 4-1 with two of those victories earned in OT (vs New England and Cincy)....and you can give the Broncos' defense and special teams just as much credit for those W's, for that matter.

Point is, this contract is completely out of whack for what's been accomplished to date. If Denver thought he was the second coming of Brady, Rodgers or Manning (in his prime) they'd have gladly stepped up and money whipped him with a max contract. After all, who knows him better? A team that's had him since day one of drafting him or one desperate enough to make such a deal based on....what?

I've no qualms with the signing of Miller.....he's a quality RB and his contract makes sense. But this one for BO.....wow. This has all the makings of bumping someone off the NFL Top 10 Worst List.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #7481
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Elway was pretty clear about busting shots at BO on Denver's website regarding him signing with the Texans.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #7482
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Over all I thought it was a very good day for the Texans. I think it reflects BoB and his willingness to make moves more than Rick Smith getting off his ass. Draft day is going to be interesting. Some people see Texans taking the WR from ND, Fuller who is suppose to be super fast with great separation ability
Old 03-10-2016, 02:03 PM   #7483
junglemonkey
Premium Access

Man some of yah bitch for everything. If he sucks, they can cut he mofo and move on and just take hit for the upfront money. At least these bastards are trying. Or did yah want them to stick with Brian Hoyer or draft a bigger unknown out of college after all the high potential unknowns have been taken.

The Texans are damn if they do or damned if they don't.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:06 PM   #7484
junglemonkey
Premium Access

And if yah think Denver just let him go, you guys do realize they tried to resign him but he cut off all communications.

This is like Ed Reed when Baltimore just let him walk without and offer and the Texans were dumb enough to offer him that contract that only lasted a handful of games.

I'll give Rick Smith the credit for growing some balls after looking stupid passing up on Derrick Carr in the 2nd round simply because of his last name.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #7485
spear89
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
The Texans did make some good signings but I'll wait and see on the QB. If you look at Brock you will see a QB who has a big arm, can throw it down the field but is slow to make decisions aka holds on to the ball to long. In his games he was fine in the first half but in the second half was not so good as the other team adjusted to him. As the season went on he had problems moving the offense. Let's see how he does over the course of a whole season. Will he shine or will teams adjust to him quickly as the season goes on. Did the team just get a taller Brian Hoyer?
Some of that was Denver's bad O line. All this kid has to do is be as good as Hoyer was without the meltdown. Now we actually have a running back. All we need is a little improvement on both sides of the ball and we have a good chance of going above one game in the playoffs.

The big problem is that Jacksonville also got better, and Indy will bounce back.
spear89 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women