Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #61
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
thats the whole problem...crony pols are....
um.......the taxpayers are their employers.......
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #62
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default follow the bouncing ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
um.......the taxpayers are their employers.......
im agreeing wif you
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #63
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
im agreeing wif you
I know....my comment was an add on for our pinko lib friends
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #64
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Who knew? Comrade Nancy is a right-winger.
Former Speaker of the House Pelosi? The one who says stuff like this?

Amidst a budget debate: “I think this debate is on a higher ground of our values. It’s not about money. It’s about the morality of what we’re doing.” 15 March 2011.

In a rush to pass questionable legislation: “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” 9 March 2010.

BTW, I was talking about real leaders. Who is she supposed to be leading?

March must be a bad month for her.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #65
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Former Speaker of the House Pelosi? The one who says stuff like this?
And like this!

41-second Video Clip
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Mini Herface

Quote:
Isn't it true that government workers have higher wages and benefits than similar workers in the private sector?

Isn't it true that government workers don't work as hard at their jobs as private sector workers?

?
You do know that the military personnel are government workers?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #67
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Yes, but that's not what he is talking about.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #68
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You do know that the military personnel are government workers?
I never made the amount of money these folks made and if I opened my mouth and made some of the stupid remarks some of them made, my superiors would have kicked my butt. Also, I could never call in sick and stage a demonstration to protest the way I was being treated.

Also, I shot bullets and not shit like some of the other government workers. And I never saw any of them go for 60 to 80 hours without sleep to try and keep their ass from being shot off. Please in all deceny, let's not get the good name of the majority of military members serving their country so this type of discussion can continue without government intervention involved. I said the majority, because even a few of them could qualify as politicians.

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #69
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

3 letters make the point that government workers are overpaid morons: DMV
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #70
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
ive heard it said that even the most beautiful woman in the world has a guy who is tired of doing her..not sure if its true or not
Well I'm perfectly happy to be the subject of that experiment to prove of disprove that theory.

Right now I'm the control group.

*WHAP*

The sound you just heard was Mrs. Mazo smacking me upside the head. I gotta stop posting around here when she's in the room.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #71
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

LOL.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #72
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Is it really a good thing for government workers to collectively bargain against the taxpayers?

Isn't it true that government workers have higher wages and benefits than similar workers in the private sector?

Isn't it true that government workers don't work as hard at their jobs as private sector workers?

Isn't it true that substantial amounts of union dues paid by government workers go to the politicians who set the rate of their salaries and benefits?

Isn't it true that politicians want to keep receiving the campaign donations from government worker unions?

Isn't it true that the government isn't like the evil corporations who put profit over people?
You bought the right wing bullshit hook, line. and sinker, didn't you. Hell, you might have swallowed the cork!

The short answer on government worker wages is "it depends." At lower skill levels, yes, government workers make more than many in private industry, especially if you look at benefits. (Of course, the question those of us on the left ask is "Why not require the private companies pay their employees decent benefits instead of "fucking them hand over fist?" Wouldn't that be better that cutting good benefits for other workers?) However, when you get to higher skill jobs, government workers make a hell of a lot less.

Take my occupation, lawyer. Government lawyers, even at the Federal level (where employees are paid way better than at the State level) make shit money. Hell, even Federal Judges make less than four or five year associates at good firms. I have no interest in serving the government in a legal position because it would be a huge pay cut. Five or six fold. More if at the State level. Much the same if true with accountants, although the disparity isn't quite a large, etc.

Let's look at Texas? What is the average salary of employees for the State of Texas? $37,365.

http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/...ernment_salary

Interestingly, that is almost identical to the median personal income of individuals with some college in the US -- $37,135

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona..._United_States

And as you know, the average government employee is 1) much better educated than your average private industry employee; and 2) generally has more experience at his current job.

And $37k is an entry level salary for a secretary at my law firm. HS degree, no college. And we have very generous benefits. Employee pays none of their health care, low deductible policy, 15% SEP contribution every year, one month salary bonus at Christmas, productivity bonus when he win or settle big cases, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
If the Dems think the situation in Wisconsin is a winning hand for them, they are total fooked and out of touch with the middle.
Let's see how the recall elections go. The will be fascination. And they will attract a ton of national money on both sides. Great theater. And I'll bet the Dems get at least 3 Republicans.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 AM   #73
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Let's see how the recall elections go. The will be fascination. And they will attract a ton of national money on both sides. Great theater. And I'll bet the Dems get at least 3 Republicans.
I believe they will get 4 Wisconsin Senate Republicans and they will add an over-reaching Governor to their list next January! Even the normally conservative polling firms are finding a huge percentage of the voting public disagrees with the steps taken by a Governor who is still wet behind the ears!

No matter what happens in Wisconsin for the remainder of this year, one thing is absolutely certain. It is a hell of a way to start off Election 2012!

As for me? I am going !
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 AM   #74
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

So 4 Senate Republicans would shift the numbers to 18 Democrats, 15 Republicans? Of course some of the Democrats might lose as well.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #75
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
So 4 Senate Republicans would shift the numbers to 18 Democrats, 15 Republicans? Of course some of the Democrats might lose as well.
A trusted political friend of mine (who has been on the ground in Wisconsin for several years) told me that he only viewed one Senate seat currently held by a Democrat as being in jeopardy. Even at that, he feels it was still more likely the Dem would hold that seat than not. By the same token, he feels that 4 Senate Republicans are in jeopardy of losing their seat in a recall election. He also believes the governor is burnt toast if even one Senate Republican is recalled! This same guy came to Wisconsin from California several years ago and accurately predicted the Governor Davis recall 6-7 months before the fact. In his view, Wisconsin will draw almost as much attention next January as either Iowa or New Hampshire! It should be interesting!!!!!

Yikes! If he reads this, I have 'outed' myself!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women