Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70452
biomed160832
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452972
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35563
Mojojo33117

Old 08-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #61
oeb11
Valued Poster

Nov 2020 - Go to the polls and Vote Your Conscience!!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:19 PM   #62
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
The polls were accurate. The pundits RIGGED the message and in the end it screwed Hillary.

She was overconfident on the "message" she was seeing and interpreting. Trump took advantage of that and beat her ass.

I don't want Conservatives getting that same overconfidence. Keep up the enthusiasm, but do and don't use 2016 as a model. Take the polls and margins of errors in them seriously as they were accurate in 2016, but don't allow pundits/etc. to guide your dialog to believing Trump is doing better than he is right now.

At this point, it's going to be a bitter fight to the end even if it's Biden. Best thing for Trump is a far far lefty gets the nomination.
At this point, I don’t see enthusiasm for Trump waning on the Republican side. Just the opposite. I don’t see him being complacent either. I’m not saying the polls are always wrong. I just don’t trust them implicitly. I trust what I see and what I research. I didn’t believe the polls in 2016. Most were saying Hillary had a 90% chance of winning. The polls were trying to sway puplic opinion and depress the Trump vote. I would say 99% of the voters don’t dig deep into the polls methodology and how some deceptively form their questions. But just like the media, the polls show a liberal bias.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #63
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
At this point, I don’t see enthusiasm for Trump waning on the Republican side. Just the opposite. I don’t see him being complacent either. I’m not saying the polls are always wrong. I just don’t trust them implicitly. I trust what I see and what I research. I didn’t believe the polls in 2016. Most were saying Hillary had a 90% chance of winning. The polls were trying to sway puplic opinion and depress the Trump vote. I would say 99% of the voters don’t dig deep into the polls methodology and how some deceptively form their questions. But just like the media, the polls show a liberal bias.
And that's the point I'm trying to make. The polls generally have no inherent bias(with the exception of the occasional worded question that puts a slant into the poll). The polls don't give
a percentage of win to say Hillary.

It's the pundits that do.

For example, the majority of polls had Hillary winning by anywhere from 3-5 % with a margin of error of 5%. So an example would be Hillary winning 52% to 48% with a margin of error of even 4%. The poll is saying Trump is within the margin of error and has a shot at winning.

Now that poll would have been used by the the pundits to try and extrapolate that 90+% likely to win for Hillary.

The polling was accurate and Trump bucked the odds of the poll within the margin of error. The Pundit got it totally fucking wrong with their estimate.

On election day 2016 most polls had Trump in the margin of error. Today, most polls have Trump losing by more than the margin of error(To at least Biden, Sanders, and some Warren) which to me is a concern regardless.

Do I think Trump turns it around by election day, yes, there's a lot of time left. I think the Dems bury themselves through the primaries.

But I largely trust the basis of the polling and as I said, Trump is well aware and reacting to them as well.

And Conservatives need to be wary of false confidence.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #64
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
And that's the point I'm trying to make. The polls generally have no inherent bias(with the exception of the occasional worded question that puts a slant into the poll). The polls don't give

For example, the majority of polls had Hillary winning by anywhere from 3-5 % with a margin of error of 5%. So an example would be Hillary winning 52% to 48% with a margin of error of even 4%. The poll is saying Trump is within the margin of error and has a shot at winning.

Now that poll would have been used by the the pundits to try and extrapolate that 90+% likely to win for Hillary.

The polling was accurate and Trump bucked the odds of the poll within the margin of error. The Pundit got it totally fucking wrong with their estimate.

On election day 2016 most polls had Trump in the margin of error. Today, most polls have Trump losing by more than the margin of error(To at least Biden, Sanders, and some Warren) which to me is a concern regardless.

Do I think Trump turns it around by election day, yes, there's a lot of time left. I think the Dems bury themselves through the primaries.

But I largely trust the basis of the polling and as I said, Trump is well aware and reacting to them as well.

Just think about Trumps recent ass kissing of Putin on the G7. Disgraceful Anti American scum. His 38% and Putin's support might get him another Russian induced win
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #65
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Just think about Trumps recent ass kissing of Putin on the G7. Disgraceful Anti American scum. His 38% and Putin's support might get him another Russian induced win
There’s a serious discussion going on here. Step aside son.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #66
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not even a blip on the radar of the upcoming election. But nice try.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:05 PM   #67
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
There’s a serious discussion going on here. Step aside son.
Sorry Bambi. For those who don't know "serious discussion" is Bambis Code for hes about to get pegged in his ass. Ill gladly step aside. You and bb1961 enjoy yourselves
Old 08-29-2019, 05:08 PM   #68
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sorry Bambi. For those who don't know "serious discussion" is Bambis Code for hes about to get pegged in his ass. Ill gladly step aside. You and bb1961 enjoy yourselves
Step aside and learn how to post in English.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #69
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Step aside and learn how to post in English.
Bambi aka "Bambino" is about to get pegged in his ass
Old 08-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #70
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:

35/8, did give Hillary a 90% chance of winning the day of the election. Nate Silver, who runs it, is a Liberal. How many polls use more democrats than republicans in their samples? How do they formulate their questions. Rasmussen got it right in 2016. Coincidentally, they have Trumps approval rating higher than other polls. Are they just an outlier? IMHO, no. I don’t think conventional polls capture Trump support accurately.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #71
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
35/8, did give Hillary a 90% chance of winning the day of the election. Nate Silver, who runs it, is a Liberal. How many polls use more democrats than republicans in their samples? How do they formulate their questions. Rasmussen got it right in 2016. Coincidentally, they have Trumps approval rating higher than other polls. Are they just an outlier? IMHO, no. I don’t think conventional polls capture Trump support accurately.
Again, Rasmussen is the lowest rated polling company because they have the worst track record over many years. They over sample Republicans so when Republicans pull an upset Rasmussen will look great. They were by far the WORST of approximately 20 polling companies in the 2018 midterms, actually predicting Republicans to hold the House.

Are current polls over-sampling Democrats? Possibly. The polls have been very accurate in the past and as I said the approval ratings have been 100% accurate in predicting who will win when the sitting POTUS is up for reelection.

Unfortunately we won't know how accurate the polls are for another 14 months and they may change quite a bit between now and then.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:16 AM   #72
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Again, Rasmussen is the lowest rated polling company because they have the worst track record over many years. They over sample Republicans so when Republicans pull an upset Rasmussen will look great. They were by far the WORST of approximately 20 polling companies in the 2018 midterms, actually predicting Republicans to hold the House.

Are current polls over-sampling Democrats? Possibly. The polls have been very accurate in the past and as I said the approval ratings have been 100% accurate in predicting who will win when the sitting POTUS is up for reelection.

Unfortunately we won't know how accurate the polls are for another 14 months and they may change quite a bit between now and then.
Mainstream polls DO over sample democrats:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...cans?_amp=true

These are polls the media uses to shape public opinion.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:41 AM   #73
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

The WAPO today Binden tell war story "albeit false one " Just damn guys crazy and he's the chosen one
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #74
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Oh Jesus. The CHUCKLEHEADS ARE BACK TODAY.

I guess rexdutchman had that extra cup of coffee this morning!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:03 PM   #75
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

I guess rexdutchman had that extra cup of coffee this morning!

Your quote:

Doesn't take much to set you off Mr. Gaffe.
He doesn't post it as much as you post your little buddy in the lime green shirt having a seizure...YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE!!
The childish little man cries out...IGNORING!!
BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women