Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70484
biomed161077
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453045
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47787
pyramider46370
bambino40450
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #61
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
It would appear. Cruz beating Dewhurst was a shocker here, I can tell you. Not that Dewhurst would have been a whole lot better. But, he's not a bombthrower like Cruz and has a history of working across the aisle to actually get things done. But, that's no longer an electable attribute in Texas. You just need to be an Obama hater and that gets it done.
Then I'm sure Cruz will be voted right back out of office in his next election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
If the US Senator is a "statewide elected office," than by the same token the POTUS is a nationwide "elected office."

Does the same analogy also apply to the Presidency? There must be a lot of voters in America that felt Obama was the better choice than either JMac or Romney. Not once but twice and quite frankly by a fairly substantial margin both times.

It stands to reason that if you expect those Texans who are not "Teapublicans" to hop on the Cruz bandwagon, than you would also believe that your fellow "Teapublicans" (Sen. Cruz included) to hop on Obama's bandwagon?

Or do you only drive from east to west but never west to east?
Negative. As you well know the Presidency is not decided by the popular vote. There is that pesky Electoral College thing for President. If you don't like it you can always organize your own grass-roots movement to replace the Electoral College process with a popular vote process. If its that good of an idea it should be easy to gain enough support across the country to get it changed.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #62
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Then I'm sure Cruz will be voted right back out of office in his next election.

Negative. As you well know the Presidency is not decided by the popular vote. There is that pesky Electoral College thing for President. If you don't like it you can always organize your own grass-roots movement to replace the Electoral College process with a popular vote process. If its that good of an idea it should be easy to gain enough support across the country to get it changed.
You might want to tell the Cpt about the popular vote concept. He is the one who jumped on the modified 50% issue, not me. I never mentioned it. He seems to be of the opinion that since Obama only won 50.4% of the popular vote, he is somehow a flawed, duly elected President of the United States.

It seems as though the Cpt is trying to modify your "Teapublicans" nationwide victory of 50% of the popular vote theory to include special circumstances should the duly elected President be an African American who he believes to be a Kenyan born Muslim.

It is worth mentioning that Senator Cruz was actually born in a foreign country, yet won a "statewide" victory in Texas. We have to accept the Presidential vote for what it is, that being the electoral college. The popular vote is not a determining factor in the eventual outcome.

In this instance, not only did the President win a significant electoral vote victory in both '08 and '12, he also surpassed your "Teapublicans" 50% of the popular vote threshold, not once but twice.That seems to shoot a gaping hole in your flawed "Teapublican" theory. You cannot ignore the fact that according to your "flawed" theory, Obama won a "nationwide" victory, with or without the electoral college.

In light of these apparently new "Teapublican" election revelations I assume you and your fellow Sour Tea Guzzlers should now ready to "hop on" the Obama Express, just as you seemed to be willing to hop on the Cruz bandwagon in Texas. After all, President Obama has surpassed all of the basic "Teapublican" criteria for a nationwide victory. Has he not?

Unless of course, you only drive from east to west but never west to east.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #63
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Winning the popular vote does not immunize a politician from criticism. Not Obama. Not Cruz.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #64
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

So says the Prince of Loes...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #65
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
So says the Prince of Loes...
I thought he was the Prince of StupidOldLyingFarts!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #66
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Prince of Loes? I prefer Home Depot. I got wood in there once.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #67
Yssup Rider
BANNED

LOL, BUT SERIOUSLY you probably gave head in there once.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #68
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
LOL, BUT SERIOUSLY you probably gave head in there once.
Only once? Rumor has it StupidOldLyingFart and Senator Craig regularly troll the Home Depot men's restrooms in their never ending search for lonely and distraught foot tappers.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #69
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
You might want to tell the Cpt about the popular vote concept. He is the one who jumped on the modified 50% issue, not me. I never mentioned it. He seems to be of the opinion that since Obama only won 50.4% of the popular vote, he is somehow a flawed, duly elected President of the United States. Similar to the lefts outrage Bush vs. Gore and evidenced by a little trip to the Supreme Court as I recall.

It seems as though the Cpt is trying to modify your "Teapublicans" nationwide victory of 50% of the popular vote theory to include special circumstances should the duly elected President be an African American who he believes to be a Kenyan born Muslim. "MY" Teapublicans? Heh. The birther issue is dead and buried, right or wrong, its not going to change anything

It is worth mentioning that Senator Cruz was actually born in a foreign country, yet won a "statewide" victory in Texas. We have to accept the Presidential vote for what it is, that being the electoral college. The popular vote is not a determining factor in the eventual outcome. If Cruz was not eligible for the office, I'm sure the good folks of Texas would have fleshed that out long before the election

In this instance, not only did the President win a significant electoral vote victory in both '08 and '12, he also surpassed your "Teapublicans" 50% of the popular vote threshold, not once but twice.That seems to shoot a gaping hole in your flawed "Teapublican" theory. You cannot ignore the fact that according to your "flawed" theory, Obama won a "nationwide" victory, with or without the electoral college. MY "Teapublican" again? Heh. Its not MY theory, it just the law of the land. Agree or disagree with the Electoral College process, it is still what it is. Change it if you don't like it.

In light of these apparently new "Teapublican" election revelations I assume you and your fellow Sour Tea Guzzlers should now ready to "hop on" the Obama Express, just as you seemed to be willing to hop on the Cruz bandwagon in Texas. After all, President Obama has surpassed all of the basic "Teapublican" criteria for a nationwide victory. Has he not? Obama was duly elected twice by the rules. Just as GWB was, twice. That never slowed down the attacks from the left, just as Obama gets the attacks from the right. It seems that is the way politics is, as evidenced in this little microcosm that is the Sandbox. As far as Cruz, he just came into office what, 2 months ago? I specifically remember the left saying about Obama "He just came into office, give him some time" don't you?
If he's as bad as the left is saying, he won;t last past the next election. Thats the beauty of the system. But that also gives us forever situations like Pelosi or Ted Kennedy was, basically lifetime appointments.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #70
Yssup Rider
BANNED

so because Bush got it, Obama gets it?

thats pretty damned simplistic CC.

The TP has ruined true conservatism in America. turned it into a bizarre cross breed of snake handlers and snake oil salesmen.

I challenge anybody to demonstrate how the TP has made America better for anybody. Ever. Boston doesn't count.

feel free to jump in Teapublicans!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #71
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:

I challenge anybody to demonstrate how the TP has made America better for anybody. Ever. Boston doesn't count.

well Sarah Palin was good for alot of laughs
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #72
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
well Sarah Palin was good for alot of laughs
Yea, I think she'd look good bent over the tailgate of my truck. Lol
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #73
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:

In this instance, not only did the President win a significant electoral vote victory in both '08 and '12, he also surpassed your "Teapublicans" 50% of the popular vote threshold, not once but twice.That seems to shoot a gaping hole in your flawed "Teapublican" theory. You cannot ignore the fact that according to your "flawed" theory, Obama won a "nationwide" victory, with or without the electoral college.

wrong again, you yellow dog donkey

READ the articles Romney would have won

http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/loc...f02e29982.html

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/12/...ctoral-college

Virgina electorial college

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...5e7_story.html

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...for-democrats/

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #74
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Only once? Rumor has it StupidOldLyingFart and Senator Craig regularly troll the Home Depot men's restrooms in their never ending search for lonely and distraught foot tappers.
Actually, BigTurd and Assup, I was in Home Depot with my wood when a cute salesgirl saw me and wanted to see my "power tool" to find out what it would to "hardwood floors." She thought it might be too large, so we went in back to do some "drilling". She loved the way it expanded the hole, and was impressed with how deep it could "drill". Then a manager walked in, and the guy with "power, saw" us, but it was ok, since her job "hinged" on good customer "service". Well, after all the "drilling", the wood got worn out, so I left after she asked me to come back, and try "nailing" the hardwood floor again. I will.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #75
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
so because Bush got it, Obama gets it?

thats pretty damned simplistic CC.

Not really, the votes of the electoral College are the only votes that truly matter when electing a President. How they decide the vote is the crux of the argument.

The TP has ruined true conservatism in America. turned it into a bizarre cross breed of snake handlers and snake oil salesmen.

Probably the biggest thing the tea party has brought to the country is a much sharper awareness among the populace of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Market Economics, or lack thereof, in todays government.

Now whether thats a good thing or a bad thing, and whether you support or hate the tea party, simply depends on your core beliefs.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women