Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47605
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 11-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #61
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

I think Pickett will grow into one of the greats. I also figured they’d win 12 games this season, so I guess I’m just a cockeyed optimistic.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 12:24 PM   #62
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Pickett makes some mistakes but also does a lot of things right especially when you consider that he's a rookie who didn't get many reps with the first team in training camp. The mistakes will continue to decrease and the good things will continue to increase. If Najee would have caught that near perfect pass in the end zone, KP's passer rating would have been in the 90s against the saints. Even with out it he provided 199 yards passing in a run focused game, and 50 some running. He made a few bad throws early on but played very well in the final three quarters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un0U6Mbqp94&t=2s

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss him when many great QB have had sub par rookie years. It's very rare for a QB to tear the league up the first year. I expect to see continued improvement from him and won't be surprised if they beat the Bungles this week.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #63
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

This is your fault, Devo

https://www.steelernation.com/steele...tomlin-tv-job/

I heard from a trusted source that Tomlin eally stayed on specifically because he knows he's getting shit-talked on ECCIE.

He's open to a loser leaves town match... in a steel cage. But you need to bring Salty as your manager
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:30 AM   #64
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Another thing that doesn’t make sense for a so called “great” coach is he doesn’t have a coaching tree. Zero coaches have gone on to head coach after coaching for him. That’s unheard of for a coach that’s been around this long. Says a lot about what the league thinks of Tomlins acumen privately.
Again, the vetting and hiring of these coaches is completely on Tomlin.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:44 AM   #65
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Is it really the job of the head coach to develop head coaches candidates for other teams?

Or is that often just a byproduct of the insular nature of NFL coaching which leads to folks that weren't up to the task to take on roles because of some perceived pedigree?

Perhaps a good discussion for another thread, but open to it here.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #66
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Another thing that doesn’t make sense for a so called “great” coach is he doesn’t have a coaching tree. Zero coaches have gone on to head coach after coaching for him. That’s unheard of for a coach that’s been around this long. Says a lot about what the league thinks of Tomlins acumen privately.
Again, the vetting and hiring of these coaches is completely on Tomlin.
Bruce Arians coached for Tomlin for five years and went on to win a Super Bowl as head coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Todd Haley already performed horribly as head coach before becoming Tomlin's OC so that wasn't gonna happen, even though he performed admirably for the Steelers. Dick Lebeau was 78 years old at the end of his time as DC, and had also performed horribly as a head coach before becoming Tomlin's DC, so that wasn't gonna happen even though he performed admirably for the Steelers.

Arians, Haley, and Lebeau account for the majority of coordinator time under Tomlin. That doesn't leave a lot of room for others to be poached as head coaches, which leaves just one Super Bowl winning head coach who has coached for Tomlin.

-Mike Tomlin has the longest streak of non losing seasons in NFL history.
-Mike Tomlin ranks high for all time winning percentage amongst head coaches in the Super Bowl era.
-Mike Tomlin has won a Super Bowl.
-Mike Tomlin has won two AFC Championships. (refs stole a third)
-Mike Tomlin has won the AFC North Division 7 times.

Mike Tomlin is a good coach.

Remember how badly people were calling for Jamie Dixon's head? Have they even qualified for the tournament since then? He got them in more often than not. The grass isn't always greener.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #67
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Your missing the point completely. Arians and Lebeow were inherited by Tomlin. And Arians went on to head coach AFTER he was fired by either Tomlin or above. Who has Tomlin hired since with any kind of great success, moves thru the ranks and shows the kind of pedigree other teams want as their head coach! The answer is zero! Nobody!
One of Tomlins biggest responsibility is hiring and developing coaches. It’s EXTREMELY important. He sucks at it. And when you have a HOF QB in a league designed for QBs, being above .500 isn’t anything to brag about.
The more this team was all Tomlin, the worse it became. That’s obvious.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:39 PM   #68
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Your missing the point completely. Arians and Lebeow were inherited by Tomlin. And Arians went on to head coach AFTER he was fired by either Tomlin or above. Who has Tomlin hired since with any kind of great success, moves thru the ranks and shows the kind of pedigree other teams want as their head coach! The answer is zero! Nobody!
One of Tomlins biggest responsibility is hiring and developing coaches. It’s EXTREMELY important. He sucks at it. And when you have a HOF QB in a league designed for QBs, being above .500 isn’t anything to brag about.
I didn't miss the point. You said "Zero coaches have gone on to head coach after coaching for him." It's simply not true. One went on to win a SB. As I already outlined, he hasn't had to hire many coaches. Lebeau, Butler, and Haley all did a good job, but none of them were never gonna move on to be HC, and that's not Tomlin's fault. Not every good coordinator is destined to be a good HC.

Having one of the best winning percentages in football is something to brag about. Especially when you coach in an era of extreme parity due to free agency and the salary cap. Having the longest streak of non losing seasons in NFL history is also something to brag about. So are seven division titles, two AFC championships, and a Lombardi.

As for the HOF QB, most great coaches have great players. Look at the past 30 Super Bowls. Most of the winners had future HOF QB. The ones who didn't had some of the greatest defensive players ever like Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis, or LT.

I'm glad that the Rooneys believe in continuity.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #69
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

I'm looking forward to tomorrows game. I think they have a better shot than the oddsmakers are giving them. I expect Burrow to get sacked a lot and to throw a few pics.
Old 11-19-2022, 05:50 PM   #70
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
I didn't miss the point. You said "Zero coaches have gone on to head coach after coaching for him." It's simply not true. One went on to win a SB. As I already outlined, he hasn't had to hire many coaches. Lebeau, Butler, and Haley all did a good job, but none of them were never gonna move on to be HC, and that's not Tomlin's fault. Not every good coordinator is destined to be a good HC.

Having one of the best winning percentages in football is something to brag about. Especially when you coach in an era of extreme parity due to free agency and the salary cap. Having the longest streak of non losing seasons in NFL history is also something to brag about. So are seven division titles, two AFC championships, and a Lombardi.

As for the HOF QB, most great coaches have great players. Look at the past 30 Super Bowls. Most of the winners had future HOF QB. The ones who didn't had some of the greatest defensive players ever like Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis, or LT.

I'm glad that the Rooneys believe in continuity.
Correction: Zero coaches have amounted to anything that Tomlin hired.

And he didn’t do great things with great players once he was stuck with coaches that he hired and obviously didn’t impress anyone in the NFL. At that point he did pretty good things with great players.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:49 PM   #71
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
totally agree........ tomlin sounds more like a politician than a coach. His greatest success came with arians and labeau who he did not hire...... you have to be very specific in your wording for some guys to get the point. most people would know exactly what you meant
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:46 PM   #72
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Specific with your language? LOL He said something that was completely and specifically wrong, and then when shown the truth he moved the goalpost.

Chizzy, just like with Devo, why am I not surprised that you don't like him. Some of the Tomlin haters are just spoiled fans with unreasonable expectations. Others, well...

The Steelers were 8-8 with Arians and Lebeau the year before coach Mike took over. You can nit pick all you want, but by any meaningful metric, he's a good coach. Thankfully the guy who matters, Art knows it.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:43 AM   #73
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

If they beat Cincy today, go 2-1 in the rest of the divisional games (Browns, Ravensx2), and 3-1 non-division (Colts, Falcons, Panthers, Raiders), they end up 9-8 with a good divisional record and a good shot at a wildcard spot.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:57 AM   #74
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Specific with your language? LOL He said something that was completely and specifically wrong, and then when shown the truth he moved the goalpost.

Chizzy, just like with Devo, why am I not surprised that you don't like him. Some of the Tomlin haters are just spoiled fans with unreasonable expectations. Others, well...

The Steelers were 8-8 with Arians and Lebeau the year before coach Mike took over. You can nit pick all you want, but by any meaningful metric, he's a good coach. Thankfully the guy who matters, Art knows it.
Are you a their, they’re and there correction guy? I’m getting dumber every time I exchange posts with you. You know the point I was making. Let it go and take a nap. I’m going to now play with crayons.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:16 AM   #75
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

It wasn't a grammatical error. You were just wrong. Not my fault that you're "getting dumber" just like it's not Tomlin's fault that no one wanted to hire Haley as a HC after he had already performed poorly as one before his time with the Steelers.

I'll be down there today cheering. Gonna be a cold one. Here we go Steelers.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women