Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59992
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #61
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Anyone else hear about other's saying that the U.S. is "occupying" Haiti??

This is a touchy subject for me. I'm one of those that believes you should help the people in your own 'backyard' before exhausting supplies, labor to other countries...harsh, I know.

Don't get me wrong, I will send a small donation...

On a lighter note: We get another groovy celebrity telethon to look forward to
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #62
Guest020510
Account Disabled

User ID: 4941

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Perhaps next time a storm like Ike hits I will make that leap just to satisfy you
Yes, actually, someone else made the leap, I noticed(five seconds too late). Sorry 'bout that, though I still disagree that they are comparable.

P.S.-"Just for me"? Hardly.
Guest020510 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #63
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

If I haven't eaten for 5 or 6 days or eaten very little, I would probably steal some food and medical supplies if I had to. I don't think their stores are loaded with flat screen HDTV's and the like, but I could be wrong.

As was mentioned, people will do what they have to in order to survive. I don't recall an FHA (Future Hookers of America) group in high school or college, but it seems to be quite a large industry, anyway.
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #64
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1

Can they fight a war? Do they have oil, gems, anything of value.....surely Occupied....

US Virgin Islands,,,American Puerto Rico.....so many more....That's just for the tourism...
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #65
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Sophia: Yep, it was some link on AOL that I just happened upon in the web of current events ( really I was just looking for new celeb gossip)...Somewhere out there Americans are being accused of "occupying" Haiti...that's why I asked. Yes, I get my news from AOL and ECCIE, LOL.

Really, I thought it was an interesting point. Google "occupying" and the link is in there.

Apparently it was France pointing the finger...but what do they know?? They are good at two things: Fries and Kissing.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #66
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
There is something else I'd like to put in your inbox, too.
You've been warned about the amateur joke telling.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #67
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
You've been warned about the amateur joke telling.
What, that they are too funny? I'm infringing on Conan? Not telling enough of them? I'm certainly not stealing from Leno (but he might be stealing from me and everyone else), Wazz the complaint buddy? You wanna piece of this! You lookin' at me!
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #68
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

Domestic or Abroad, white or black, rich or poor, PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE! This is about helping mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, who cares how they are acting -desperate times call for desperate actions! Could you honestly turn your back on your fellow man like that? And the earthquake was not their fault, it was act of nature. Any one of us could find ourself in similar situations and if 2012 the poles do shift, then it will be worse.
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #69
Nicolette Morgandy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1985
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva View Post
Domestic or Abroad, white or black, rich or poor, PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE! This is about helping mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, who cares how they are acting -desperate times call for desperate actions! Could you honestly turn your back on your fellow man like that? And the earthquake was not their fault, it was act of nature. Any one of us could find ourself in similar situations.
So true.
Nicolette Morgandy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #70
UTR4Passion
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 25
Default In the days of old. . .

In the frontier days of the USA, the established "providers' became the holders of financial means and when charity was needed, it was not unusual for those ladies of poor social reputation to be the people that would step forwards and care for those that needed the help. Do you think the banks and other financially sound "proper folks or families" would help? If course not.

Some social things have changed.

Providers and customers alike should set-up a donation box at next week's social event and take donations.

Alas, I cannot attend that event in the evening because of a business conflict. However, I can stop by for lunch and make a cash donation. Let Fawn and TNT move the money to a Red Cross donation site.

Let's all give thanks for what we have.

Michael
UTR4Passion is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #71
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTR4Passion View Post
In the frontier days of the USA, the established "providers' became the holders of financial means and when charity was needed, it was not unusual for those ladies of poor social reputation to be the people that would step forwards and care for those that needed the help. Do you think the banks and other financially sound "proper folks or families" would help? If course not.

I'm not looking fer a WTF-style link, but I've never really heard that before...
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #72
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
My question is WHY do the Israelis do it? Or any other country for that matter. Why the humanitarian efforts? What do they get out of it? Is it just being good for goodness sake? Is it just that they are kind generous people? Really, what's in it for them? Good P.R.?
Why do they do it??!!! Surely you jest.

We do it because we are out brother's keeper. We realize that Cain's remark, "Am I my brother's keeper?", is a dishonorable and immoral attitude. The parable of Cain and Able is meant to teach shame.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #73
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Why do they do it??!!! Surely you jest.

We do it because we are out brother's keeper. We realize that Cain's remark, "Am I my brother's keeper?", is a dishonorable and immoral attitude. The parable of Cain and Able is meant to teach shame.
It was a rhetorical question. I know why they do it, just trying to point out that their motive were not selfish because they weren't getting anything from helping out.
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #74
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
It was a rhetorical question. I know why they do it, just trying to point out that their motive were not selfish because they weren't getting anything from helping out.
Surely you jest!

I'm not saying the motives are ugly, but as a result of Isreal's geopolitical situation, ensuring goodwill whereever they can get it in the rest of the world is critical. Giving generously in times of disaster is one tactic to do that.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #75
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365

I'm sticking to The Strong Survive. If I saw a hungry man woman or child I would feed him/her, given I did not take food out of my loved ones mouth.....Just like every human self preservation kicks in....With that the instinct to protect "one's own" at all cost...It is easy to be virtuous from far away yes....

Again....400 years ago mother nature would have done what she always does......It's natural, we are overpopulated. I'm not popular for this statement and I will continue to give what I can to Haiti but this is fact. 400 years ago, no one would have known. No CNN and we would go on with our happy lives....The fact that we do now know forces us, as humanitarians to act. What if you didn't know?...You would go on like nothing..

I stand beside my statement on Ike. WE have always taken care of our own. The Texas Rangers were here before FEMA (Fema7 days). Texas is an oil rich state that does not ask for bail outs....Hell the Canadian mounties made it before FEMA, and Houston is all the worse for being "Humantiarian" and taken all those refugees on? Take it from someone who's mother had their purse snatched in her own driveway ( a NICE part of town). Our resources were over loaded and Houstonian's were put out. WE are now infested with thugs lower than any plumber would wear his pants....If that makes me selfish not to want my mother or hard earned money my parents made stolen so be it........

If you look back at History mother nature has catastrophe to keep population down. That is simply not an arguable fact. The only thing we have done is create the CNN's and cell phones to let each other know about it and act on it......Now we are HUMANITARIANS. I'm not against helping fellow man but I am conflicted as to where we would be without communications technology.......Could we turn a blind eye if it was not in our very front yard?

If you didn't see it first hand would it be a rumor or wives tale like "sea monsters"...It could have been said that it was all hearsay. We now know there are giant squid because we saw them on CNN....

http://news.mongabay.com/2007/0222-squid.html

or mermaids.

I will continue all I can but I hold on to my Ike stories and the murder rate going up 30% overnight in a once peaceful city........

Where will they all go? The Haitians..Are we to take them in? There are reasons that neither you or I know about for political actions.......or non action.......We think we may know but the truth is we know nothing....That state department was there when Anderson Cooper arrived....

AS for Goodwill, the USA needs that more than anyone now....Couldn't anyone whisper that in a politicians ear...A hospital ship from Copenhagen made it before the USS Comfort...Please address all the above stated points not just one please. I would love opinions on the matter. I see no one noticed the Ike statement..
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote