Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453055
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47803
pyramider46370
bambino40461
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #61
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Loved your post Olivia.
Thanks

Quote:

.........................This reminds me of a interesting experience. I was at a function where a man got a little too drunk, and started openly flirting with me in front of his wife and all the company. I did my best to politely "not notice" and avoid him without raising a huff. The wife was of course seething with rage towards him, but remained distantly polite to me.

What was interesting: after this nearly every married woman in the room became defensive of her husband talking to me. There was an air of "If that guy will flirt with you, then maybe my husband finds you attractive too."

And though I had done no wrong, I was soon painted a danger. An awkward dinner from which I excused myself at the first given opportunity.
OMG, I can just imagine. Really. It’s mortifying to be in that situation. I’ve lived on my street for over eighteen years. I’m single now and I was for a period of a year or so previously. Except for the old lady next door and a single football player across the street I’m decidedly less popular now than I was when I had a ring on me finger.

The only time my other next-door neighbor has spoken to me in the past couple of years is when she asked if I was getting back with my ex. He owns a contracting company, and he came over one day in one of his company vans to snake my sanitary sewer line. I guess she saw his truck. When I said no we’re just friends. She just said oh and walked back across her yard. Whatever -

It’s funny, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #62
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I do despise how often men and women use divorce settlements to abuse each other in their anger and frustration over an ending relationship.
There is no difference between the intensity of love and hate. It is the same emotion. If you loved intensely, you will, in divorce, hate intensely. There does not seem to be any middle ground.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #63
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
There is no difference between the intensity of love and hate. It is the same emotion. If you loved intensely, you will, in divorce, hate intensely. There does not seem to be any middle ground.
From my personal experience I 100% agree with this.
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #64
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
I think that the opposite of love is indifference, because it certainly isn’t hate. Hate is a destructive, angry secondary emotion that has its root in love (or a quasi love and the hater isn’t emotionally advanced to understand the difference between love and extreme need or obsession). I would say betrayal, fear, contempt or combinations of them are usually the blending emotions that produce the destructive emotion of hate.

If you’ve ever been indifferent to an ex-lover, you’ll know for a fact that you don’t love them anymore. I wasn't overly fond of my ex when we divorced, but as a favor to myself and my child, I didn't give in the destructive nature of hate. It's a zero sum game.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #65
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Thanks

OMG, I can just imagine. Really. It’s mortifying to be in that situation. I’ve lived on my street for over eighteen years. I’m single now and I was for a period of a year or so previously. Except for the old lady next door and a single football player across the street I’m decidedly less popular now than I was when I had a ring on me finger.

The only time my other next-door neighbor has spoken to me in the past couple of years is when she asked if I was getting back with my ex. He owns a contracting company, and he came over one day in one of his company vans to snake my sanitary sewer line. I guess she saw his truck. When I said no we’re just friends. She just said oh and walked back across her yard. Whatever -

It’s funny, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Why does that sound kinky?
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #66
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
I’m single now and I was for a period of a year or so previously. Except for the old lady next door and a single football player across the street I’m decidedly less popular now than I was when I had a ring on me finger.
Definite double standard on this one; as a single male I have no such issues. I seem to be useful to fill out a dinner party, but not seen as a threat.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #67
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
This reminds me of a interesting experience. I was at a function where a man got a little too drunk, and started openly flirting with me in front of his wife and all the company. I did my best to politely "not notice" and avoid him without raising a huff. The wife was of course seething with rage towards him, but remained distantly polite to me.

What was interesting: after this nearly every married woman in the room became defensive of her husband talking to me. There was an air of "If that guy will flirt with you, then maybe my husband finds you attractive too."

And though I had done no wrong, I was soon painted a danger. An awkward dinner from which I excused myself at the first given opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Definite double standard on this one; as a single male I have no such issues. I seem to be useful to fill out a dinner party, but not seen as a threat.
Maybe you just don't look like Lauren.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #68
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Maybe you just don't look like Lauren.
Or Olivia
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #69
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
True
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #70
guest042111
Account disabled

User ID: 58269
My ECCIE Reviews

I do not like to over analyze why me and my husband have an open relationship. It is simple for me: honesty and being upfront with what you want. I want to fuck other people and so does he. I do not need a blow-by-blow psychoanalytic report about why.
guest042111 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #71
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
I think that the opposite of love is indifference, because it certainly isn’t hate. Hate is a destructive, angry secondary emotion that has its root in love (or a quasi love and the hater isn’t emotionally advanced to understand the difference between love and extreme need or obsession). I would say betrayal, fear, contempt or combinations of them are usually the blending emotions that produce the destructive emotion of hate.

If you’ve ever been indifferent to an ex-lover, you’ll know for a fact that you don’t love them anymore. I wasn't overly fond of my ex when we divorced, but as a favor to myself and my child, I didn't give in the destructive nature of hate. It's a zero sum game.

i disagree that the opposite of love is indifference, but i do agree that the opposite of love is not hate. Hate might be fueled by love or betrayed love, but i have loved people who i never hated. Then i have hated people who i never loved. Then i have hated people who i did love. But the love /hate factor was always independent from each other. Being indifferent is a form and state of ZEN and therefor not emotionally - laden. Hate and Love are. Therefor i disagree taht a state of non-emotion can be the opposite state of states of emotions. Its too easy.
Indifference would then be the opposite of whatever form of emotion, that said.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #72
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAndFriends View Post
I do not like to over analyze why me and my husband have an open relationship. It is simple for me: honesty and being upfront with what you want. I want to fuck other people and so does he. I do not need a blow-by-blow psychoanalytic report about why.
true!! i think as long as mentalities do not crash and you happen not to fall for people outside your way of life that is not necessary. I do analyze myself (and others) because i simply do not want to make the same mistakes twice. There are myriads of people always eating the same Sh*t in numerous dosages. I only need ONE married guy and i only need ONE mormon. Rest assured i am dating two polyamorous people now. Thankfully. Overanalyzingly thankfully.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #73
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit13 View Post
Why does that sound kinky?
He's kinda a kinky guy lol
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #74
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
He's kinda a kinky guy lol
Definately a different way of putting some act of intimacy on the menu that will make you think what it is.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #75
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:

There have been interesting sociological and anthropological studies and papers written suggesting that divorce has gone up as life expectancy has gone up. Marriage till death do you part, when you are socially and economically co-dependent and probably going to die before you ever see 60 is much easier.

I think men and women are too often angry and ashamed when they cannot make a relationship last a lifetime. Decades pass, and people change - sometimes they grow together, sometimes they grow apart. It is not always a matter of failure or someone being a bad person, just change. Punishing yourself for not having a happy relationship that lasted a life time is like punishing yourself every time your lottery ticket is a loosing one. There are very few marriages that soldier on, strong, happy and bonded, till one takes their last breath.

I do despise how often men and women use divorce settlements to abuse each other in their anger and frustration over an ending relationship.

Indeed, before humans became consciously aware that the act of sex created children, marriage was not so important. Upon that realization, we have the institution of marriage form in order to guard the inheritance of the male - ensuring it continues onto this blood line. Often enough noblemen would only guard their wives until the first born male, and then afterwards they would both have their affairs and lead very separate lives.
Hi Lauren,
I agree with all you stated! Then further comes the influence !! that cannot be underestimated as well on monogamy - the catholic church and its morals. Previously, even assured that the offspring was "of the right blood" a man was allowed (ancient rome, ancient greek and many other cultures of patriarchy) to marry more women. Most of them have the wife of the right blood with children of the right blood and then two more wives (one was usually the housekeeper ) anfd the other one some mistress whose children they fathered as well. Which was not a problem, since the men took care of all of them financially in some way or the other. Women had to be monogamous (at least the rightful ones with the right bloodline) so that it could be assured that the gods were not angry - It was believed that when the bllodline got betrayed you angered the gods and was prepared for a bad afterlife.

So catholic monogamy assured that the finances did not go into many numerous wives and many numerous offsprings but the people invested their money in the church to be at good stand.
Plus for feministic purposes it was statet that even the catholic church was a first base for feminism because it did not allow to screw men around, which invented the capitalistic idea of a split household in which women had as much to say as men.

I still do think that people marry for financial reasons most of the time. Marriage out of love is a myth that did not exist before the 20th century. Usually marriage and love was never in the same areas - as Lauren pointed out with the royals (that said - the burgeouise was LONG LONG time not even ALLOWED to marry!!! so marriage was a privilege !!! not available for everyone ) .
A marriage serves to make peace after war to overcome country boundaries. Interestingly enough one relict is the immigration possibility when you marry. Its not enough to have a partner you love from out the state, but when oyu marry you have immigration rights. That is interesting. Its also interesting that these rights do not apply to same-sex couples, only heteros. Another interesting phenomena of heteronormativity. That said, IF marriage was about love in the first place (which it isn`t, its about raising children and putting them in a safe enviroment) no one would have a problem with gay marriages in the first place, right?

But its the idea of the core family and the idea to procreate that fuels marriages. (Hell in mormon religion people have to marry in order to have sex and that sex is to get as many children as possible). I don`t think - really - that peoople with 18 are capable of making a decision of whether they love someone enought to spend the rest of their lives together. I think - personally - people should not marry unless they are really really very good together and it has shown for a long time. Interestingly enough - the first notions in literature of an emotion like LOVE in history have been taken by notations of same-sex love. That was when the pure being together for procrastination was transcended and another reason for being together came into play (verbally and in literature)

More about that in an interesting book by a very openminded judge (i think) Richard A. Posner /Sex and Reason
http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Reason-Hon...5911538&sr=8-1

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women