Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47732
pyramider46370
bambino40439
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #61
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default disingenuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Some nuanced polling on the issue of what the public wants on how to reduce the debt:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...al-mainstream/
It’s a disingenuous article and position. The author clearly distorts the results for his own political purpose. Using the author’s own numbers, some 89% of Americans are clearly against raising taxes alone to solve the current budget crisis. Yet, that is - and has been - Obama and Pelosi’s very position. Obama has offered absolutely nothing but “promises” and “support” for future tax reform and spending cuts. If the "Anointed One" truly wants to bargain, he’d better ante up something tangible and concrete in the way of immediate cuts in federal spending.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2747881/posts
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #62
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBALLS View Post
the economy sucked, we just came off the internet bubble and they crashed the economy like they always do when handing off the presidency...
Yeah, in the 40 or so days between Bush being declared the winner, and the end of Clinton's term, he crashed the economy.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #63
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Using the author’s own numbers, some 89% of Americans are clearly against raising taxes alone to solve the current budget crisis. Yet, that is - and has been - Obama and Pelosi’s very position.
You're stupid.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #64
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
You're stupid.

LINK?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #65
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Actually, Obama's proposal to the Speaker supposedly contains $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax increases (unfortunately). It should be the other way around.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #66
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Actually, Obama's proposal to the Speaker supposedly contains $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax increases (unfortunately). It should be the other way around.
"House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) called Obama out on the latter’s stated desire for a grand bargain on the debt ceiling, saying that despite the rhetoric, Obama had yet to produce any details on what type of bargain he would accept."

Cantor: “I’d like to see the specifics of what the president says his plans are.”

Evidently, all that's been offered is the same ol' "Hope and Change" BS that he conned some voters with.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #67
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Default Little man in the sky.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #68
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
You're stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
LINK?
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1470247&postcount=61
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #69
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

LOL, even the Wall St. boyz are telling your heroes not to count their chickens before thay hatch since public opinion can (and will) change on a dime if the Re-pube Kamikaze guys persist in their foolishness which has been shown over and over not to fly with the American public.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #70
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
"House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) called Obama out on the latter’s stated desire for a grand bargain on the debt ceiling, saying that despite the rhetoric, Obama had yet to produce any details on what type of bargain he would accept."

Cantor: “I’d like to see the specifics of what the president says his plans are.”

Evidently, all that's been offered is the same ol' "Hope and Change" BS that he conned some voters with.

And the President said that he had given the specifics to The Speaker. It's clear that The Speaker is willing to cut some sort of deal that is in the best interests of the country, which Cantor only cares about trying to unseat The Speaker. I'm not sure about McConnell, but I think that with or without him, there are 60 votes in the Senate.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #71
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
It’s a disingenuous article and position. The author clearly distorts the results for his own political purpose. Using the author’s own numbers, some 89% of Americans are clearly against raising taxes alone to solve the current budget crisis. Yet, that is - and has been - Obama and Pelosi’s very position. Obama has offered absolutely nothing but “promises” and “support” for future tax reform and spending cuts. If the "Anointed One" truly wants to bargain, he’d better ante up something tangible and concrete in the way of immediate cuts in federal spending.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2747881/posts
You are lying....nobody has said to cut the deficit by only raising taxes.

Yes 89% of us are not for that but neither is Obama or any one else.

TTH has it exactly right. Canter is fucking over his Speaker. Obama and the Speaker are in talks, not Cantor. Obama told Cantor to ask the Speaker for details. Canter is playing to his crowd and doing nothing to help solve this. He has a very good chance of being marginalized after this.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #72
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
And the President said that he had given the specifics to The Speaker. It's clear that The Speaker is willing to cut some sort of deal that is in the best interests of the country, which Cantor only cares about trying to unseat The Speaker. I'm not sure about McConnell, but I think that with or without him, there are 60 votes in the Senate.

Purportedly, President Obama offered his $3.7 trillion budget blueprint that contained more spending; not cuts. He projected a federal deficit of more than $1 trillion for the new fiscal year. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) immediately declared the White House plan dead on arrival. "The president's budget accelerates our country down the path to bankruptcy," Ryan said.

Then it was “rumored” that Obama “might support” changes to Social Security and Medicare to effect savings. But again, the key words are
“might support”! Just like “Hope and Change”, there's nothing tangible in his recurring line of BS.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) quickly threw cold water on that idea, saying: “No way. No how. Not now. Not on my watch. No cuts to Medicare and Social Security.” So much for that “Hope and Change” and “support”.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #73
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You are lying....nobody has said to cut the deficit by only raising taxes.

Yes 89% of us are not for that but neither is Obama or any one else.

TTH has it exactly right. Canter is fucking over his Speaker. Obama and the Speaker are in talks, not Cantor. Obama told Cantor to ask the Speaker for details. Canter is playing to his crowd and doing nothing to help solve this. He has a very good chance of being marginalized after this.
When you show up with a budget that is full of spending increases? Well, you know what they say, "Actions speak louder than words."

And, just in case you missed it WTF, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) stated position: “No way. No how. Not now. Not on my watch. No cuts to Medicare and Social Security.”

To expand on your colorful analogy, Pelosi must be fucking Obama . . .now there’s a repulsive image. (I hope you haven't eaten)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #74
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Both sides have to try and sell things to the base that the base will not like.

Obama has said that he is willing to raise the retirement age , among other things.

And yes Cantor and Nancy should get a room, they only play to their base. The difference is that Nancy can be brought on board, Cantor can not. His base has no compromise in that ignorant base. That is the same base that thinks starting two wars and tax cuts are a smart thing. Math majors they are not!

We need both raising of taxes and adjustments to SS and Medicare.

The GOP is against raising taxes. That is just plain dumb.

The independent voters know we need to raise taxes.

That will show in 2012.

None of that changes the fact that you lied about Obama's position. He is not for only raising taxes. That is what you implied and that was a lie.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #75
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default heres what i dont get..well i do get it..one side is just totally bankrupt when it comes to the truth

obama wants to close tax "loops holes" like he was so rightgeous and the repubs are for the rich.

well the corporate jet write off "loop hole" is on he made...to "stimulate" the economy. to encourage corporations to buy planes so the workers would have jobs he shortened the write off life for new planes purchased...its all so sick.... his obfuscations and blubbering

everything except his droning on and on is a talking point to him, which he, being the only adult in the room, never does...total narcissist

and this is not to even mention, the corporate jet thing will only raise about 3 billion over ten years if that (even assuming a static tax response) while our fkn deficit is like 140 Billion a damn month!
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women