Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40447
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2023, 11:50 PM   #61
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I doubt they thought he would be able to make bail... I wish I had friends like that. If I made a call to my friends to ask for help with my $1/4bln bail, they would laugh their asses off at me and tell me to not drop the soap and then hang up on me. Haha
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:12 AM   #62
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
I doubt they thought he would be able to make bail... I wish I had friends like that. If I made a call to my friends to ask for help with my $1/4bln bail, they would laugh their asses off at me and tell me to not drop the soap and then hang up on me. Haha
You only live once drop soap it better to have clean feet than clean ass.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:02 PM   #63
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32
Default Members Are Reminded . . .

Of the following . . .
Quote:
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 07:22 PM   #64
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

in related news ...

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried heads to court after judge rejects bail request

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/ec32a5e6...man-fried.html

Federal prosecutors say SBF’s communications indicate he may be trying to influence a witness

NEW YORK — FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried will head to a New York courtroom Thursday to face a federal judge who said his effort to contact a likely trial witness against him seemed designed so they would “sing out of the same hymn book.”

On Tuesday, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan rejected Bankman’s-Fried’s lawyers’ request that oral arguments about his bail be cancelled because lawyers on both sides have settled their differences on necessary changes to his bail package in order to prevent inappropriate contact with witnesses or damaging encrypted social media communications.

The arguments, set for Thursday morning, will proceed as scheduled, the judge ruled as he declined to immediately approve new bail conditions that defense lawyers said prosecutors had agreed with, including the exemption of certain individuals from a proposed no-contact list and permission for Bankman-Fried to place audio and video calls.

The hearing was scheduled after prosecutors said Bankman-Fried sent an encrypted message over the Signal texting app on Jan. 15 to the general counsel of FTX US.
“I would really love to reconnect and see if there’s a way for us to have a constructive relationship, use each other as resources when possible, or at least vet things with each other. I’d love to get on a phone call sometime soon and chat,” Bankman-Fried wrote to the FTX general counsel, who isn’t named but is dubbed “Witness 1,” in the prosecutors’ letter.

Federal prosecutors told Kaplan that Bankman-Fried’s communications indicate he may be trying to influence a witness with incriminating evidence against him.

Last week, Kaplan wrote that Bankman’s-Fried’s lawyers appealed to him to interpret the message “in a benign way.” But he said their argument was not persuasive.

“In perhaps more colloquial terms, it appears to have been an effort to have both the defendant and Witness 1 sing out of the same hymn book,” Kaplan said.

The judge said a possible motive was evident from the fact that the general counsel was undisputedly a witness to some events likely to be at issue in the case and Bankman-Fried faces the possibility of a long prison term if he is convicted.

Kaplan said the question of whether further measures should be taken to restrict Bankman-Fried’s actions was also raised by allegations that he directed employees in the past to use applications whose communications could be erased and because he had invited a telephonic rather than written response from the general counsel.

The judge said he must decide whether further measures should be imposed to assure the safety of the community from efforts by Bankman-Fried to influence or tamper with prospective witnesses.

Bankman-Fried, 30, has been confined with electronic monitoring to his parents’ home in Palo Alto, California, since his December arrest on charges that he cheated investors and that he looted customer deposits on his cryptocurrency trading platform, in part to finance political donations and make risky trades at Alameda Research.

He has pleaded not guilty. A trial has been tentatively set for early October.

Also Tuesday, lawyers for Bankman-Fried appealed Kaplan’s decision to make public the names of two individuals who signed Bankman-Fried’s $250 million personal recognizance bond. The names, which were ordered revealed at the request of news outlets, will remain secret while the appeal is considered.

about those well heeled backers ....

Court keeps secret for now who backed bail for FTX's Bankman-Fried

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/court...213101518.html

Alexis Keenan·Reporter

Tue, February 7, 2023 at 3:31 PM CST·3 min read

The names of wealthy backers who guaranteed a $250 million bail bond for indicted former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried will remain a secret — for now.

On Tuesday, Bankman-Fried's lawyers filed court documents indicating their plan to appeal a Manhattan district court judge's January 30 decision to unseal the names. They are asking that the matter be decided by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

The request to make the names public was made by a group of news organizations that contend the public has a right to the information.

The guarantors made it possible for the former crypto CEO to post the $25 million in assets required to stay out of custody while he awaits trial.

U.S. District Court Judge Lewis Kaplan previously ordered unsealing to take place on Tuesday based on his expectation that the guarantors, known as bail sureties, were less likely to face the same level of scrutiny and harassment that Bankman-Fried's parents allegedly received, and given that such information is typically made public.

Judge Kaplan said the issue, if appealed, would be paused by the district court until 5 p.m. on February 14, so that any adversely affected party could request a stay from the Second Circuit.

Former FTX Chief Executive Sam Bankman-Fried, who faces fraud charges over the collapse of the bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange, leaves following a hearing at Manhattan federal court in New York City, U.S. January 3, 2023. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly

Before the full details of the bail arrangement were made public, court documents showed that the bond was secured by a $4 million home owned by Bankman-Fried’s parents as well as two individuals.

Prior to the district court's ruling, attorneys for Bankman-Fried argued that the guarantors' identities should remain private to ensure their safety and to protect them from harassment.

“In recent weeks, Mr. Bankman-Fried’s parents have become the target of intense media scrutiny, harassment, and threats. Among other things, Mr. Bankman-Fried’s parents have received a steady stream of threatening correspondence, including communications expressing a desire that they suffer physical harm,” Mark Cohen, Bankman-Fried's lawyer, argued that the other co-signers, if publicly identified, could face similar consequences.

In December, the U.S. Justice Department charged Bankman-Fried with multiple felonies, including wire fraud, securities and commodities fraud, money laundering, and campaign finance violations, claiming he illegally used FTX customer and investor funds.

Convictions on all eight of Bankman-Fried’s charges together carry up to 115 years in prison.

Separately, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodities Futures Trading Commission filed civil suits against the former crypto mogul, FTX.com, and Alameda Research.

The right to bail is governed by the U.S. Constitution’s 8th Amendment, which prohibits excessive bail. In setting bail conditions, a judge is tasked with ensuring public safety and that the defendant will show up in court to face charges.

To guard against a defendant’s flight risk, a judge can impose financial and other consequences that trigger if a defendant flees prosecution. In Bankman-Fried’s case, the judge also required that the former billionaire remain on home confinement with limited local travel, wear an ankle monitor, surrender his passport, and refrain from financial transactions exceeding $1,000.

Typically, a defendant must pledge assets equal to around 10% of the bond amount. In Bankman-Fried’s case, his $250 million bond means that he was required to pledge assets totalling about $25 million.

and the best for last ......

FTX Asks Politicians Who Received Bankman-Fried Donations to Return Money

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ftx-a...182211407.html

Danny Nelson
Sun, February 5, 2023 at 12:22 PM CST·1 min read

Alex Wong

Sam Bankman-Fried showered politicians with tens of millions of dollars in campaign contributions before his FTX empire imploded last November. Now, the bankrupt crypto exchange wants that money back.

On Sunday, FTX Group said it is sending “confidential letters” to politicians and other political beneficiaries of Bankman-Fried, his deputies and his companies, asking them to return the money by the end of the month. In a press release the debtors said they “reserve the right” to try and force repayments – plus interest – through court action.

The announcement escalates a fight over as much as $93 million (according to the debtors' estimates) in political donations FTX made to an array of D.C. lawmakers and causes across the political spectrum. One in three members of the current U.S. congress received contributions from Bankman-Fried’s orbit, according to CoinDesk reporting. It was a monumental influence campaign that crossed party lines.

With FTX’s top brass now facing an array of criminal charges over their alleged multibillion-dollar fraud, many of their beneficiaries have tried to cancel out the taint of scandal by making equivalent donations to charities. But the debtors now charged with recouping creditors’ losses warned such action “does not prevent the FTX Debtors from seeking recovery.”
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:54 AM   #65
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Like I've said many time. I agree with O'Leary and think the prudent thing is to wait and let the facts play out in court.

Unless of course you want to inform us you're a bankruptcy judge
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:05 AM   #66
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default WTF Thinks Sammy-Boy Is the Victim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
Those people had their cash stolen. That's not their fault. They didn't lose it on an investment in crypto tokens that went South. That's one thing. That's just a bad investment and tough shit, you picked the wrong pony. Those people had their cash stolen from them and transferred to its unintended purpose of their deposits. It was not deposited for nerd boy to financially support Alameda. And that's what many of you anti crypto folks who blame the victims fail to differentiate between the two vastly different scenarios.
^^^ Well, lookee at that!

Without singling him out, Luke just did a good job of handing WTF's ass to him.

I'm mildly impressed.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:29 AM   #67
lustylad
BANNED

Default Blow Me a Kiss, Sammy Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
What does the Democratic Party have to do with this? NOTHING.

If you say so...

(Don't forget to drop off my envelope at the DNC!)
Old 02-09-2023, 11:29 AM   #68
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
^
WTF Thinks Sammy-Boy Is the Victim Here

You're a God damn liar.

All I've asked is that you and Wacko give Sam the same legal latitude you wanted folks to give DJT.

Now quit being a hypocrite and keep my name out yo mouth if you can't tell the truth.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 05:08 PM   #69
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You're a God damn liar.

All I've asked is that you and Wacko give Sam the same legal latitude you wanted folks to give DJT.

Now quit being a hypocrite and keep my name out yo mouth if you can't tell the truth.

remind us again how many times you claimed the FTX exchange users weren't victims because you are convinced crypto currency is a risky investment? the "risk" of crypto is irrelevant to the fact that Sammy is accused of misappropriating customer funds to cover his bad bets with Alameda Research.

Sammy will get his day in court. based on the fact that several of his confederates have copped plea deals and stated that they, including Sammy, knowingly took customer funds from FTX to cover Alameda is proof enough.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:09 PM   #70
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
in related news ...

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried heads to court after judge rejects bail request...
Seeing as your previous posting to me, would that be a "woke" move by the court? Seeing that donny has been accused of witness tampering this guy can't?

I'll stand by my original statement: "Because this is America."
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 06:46 PM   #71
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

remember that "record" 250 million bail Sammy got slapped with? meaning typically 10 percent meaning property and/or cash of 25 million?

well it turns out it wasn't a standard bail arrangement, it was a personal recognisancebond. he wasn't required to put up anywhere near 25 million. and the court has released who pledged cash for the bond today.

this fucktard got out on the pledge of his parent's home valued at 4 million and about 500k posted by two of his daddy's Stanford professor buddies.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/former-stanford-law-school-dean-co-signed-bail-bond-for-ftxs-bankman-fried-204303031.html

Former Stanford Law School dean co-signed bail bond for FTX's Bankman-Fried

Alexis Keenan·

Wed, February 15, 2023 at 2:43 PM CST

The names of the wealthy backers who guaranteed indicted FTX co-founder Sam Bankman-Fried's $250 million bail bond were finally revealed Wednesday.

Former Stanford Law School dean Larry Kramer and Stanford University research scientist Andreas Paepcke helped make it possible for the former CEO to remain out of federal custody as he awaits trial, unsealed court documents reveal.

The court filings were made public by Manhattan U.S. District Court Judge Lewis Kaplan, who is presiding over the embattled entrepreneur's criminal fraud case. Bankman-Fried's previously objected to disclosing the names.

Kramer and Paepke each co-signed Bankman-Fried's unsecured personal recognizance bonds, pledging property worth $500,000.

Typically, a defendant must pledge assets equal to around 10% of the bond amount. In Bankman-Fried’s case, his bond was set at $250 million — one of the largest bail figures in history — meaning he could be expected to pledge assets totaling around $25 million.

Before the details of the bail arrangement were made public, court documents showed that Bankman-Fried's bond was secured in part by a San Francisco Bay Area home valued around $4 million and owned by the defendent's parents, as well as two to four individuals of “considerable means.”

Former FTX chief executive Sam Bankman-Fried, who faces fraud charges over the collapse of the bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange, walks from the Manhattan federal court after securing bail in New York City, U.S. December 22, 2022. REUTERS/Jeenah Moon

Bankman-Fried's father, Joseph Bankman, has been employed as a professor at Stanford Law School since 1988. He is also a clinical psychologist who teaches courses in mental health law. His mother, Barbara Fried, also served as a Stanford Law professor before retiring in September. According to The Wall Street Journal, Joseph Bankman also spent 11 months serving as a paid employee of FTX for 11 months. The Journal's report states that he was focused on FTX's charity efforts.

The request to unseal the names came from a group of news organizations that asked to intervene in the case for the limited purpose of disclosure. They argued that the public had a right to know the identities of individuals who backed Bankman-Fried's release.

On February 7, Bankman-Fried's lawyers filed court documents indicating a plan to appeal U.S. District Court Judge Lewis Kaplan's January 30 decision to unseal the names. The lawyers asked that the matter instead be decided by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

Judge Kaplan then paused his previous order to release the names, until 5 p.m. on February 14, so the issue could be officially appealed and so that any adversely affected party could request a stay from the Second Circuit. No applications for an additional stay were made to the Court of Appeals.

His ruling, Kaplan said in earlier court documents, was based on his expectation that the guarantors, known as bail sureties, were less likely to face the same level of scrutiny and harassment that Bankman-Fried's parents allegedly received. Kaplan also noted that the names of guarantors are typically made public as part of the court record.

In December, the U.S. Justice Department charged Bankman-Fried with multiple felonies, including wire fraud, securities and commodities fraud, money laundering, and campaign finance violations, claiming he illegally used FTX customer and investor funds.

Convictions on all eight of Bankman-Fried’s charges together carry up to 115 years in prison.

Separately, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodities Futures Trading Commission filed civil suits against the former crypto mogul, FTX.com, and Alameda Research.

The right to bail is governed by the U.S. Constitution’s 8th Amendment, which prohibits excessive bail. In setting bail conditions, a judge is tasked with ensuring public safety and that the defendant will show up in court to face charges.

To guard against a defendant’s flight risk, a judge can impose financial and other consequences that trigger if a defendant flees prosecution. In Bankman-Fried’s case, the judge also required that the former billionaire remain on home confinement with limited local travel, wear an ankle monitor, surrender his passport, and refrain from financial transactions exceeding $1,000.
Old 02-15-2023, 09:09 PM   #72
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Bond business is scummy.
Old 02-15-2023, 09:58 PM   #73
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
remember that "record" 250 million bail Sammy got slapped with? meaning typically 10 percent meaning property and/or cash of 25 million?

well it turns out it wasn't a standard bail arrangement, it was a personal recognizance bond. he wasn't required to put up anywhere near 25 million.

this fucktard got out on the pledge of his parent's home valued at 4 million and about 500k posted by two of his daddy's Stanford professor buddies.
I'm not a bail bond expert.

Can someone please explain why the court ostensibly set bail at $250 million, but then released this fraudster on collateral of only $4.5 million instead of $25 million (based on the typical 10% requirement)? Why didn't the court just set his damn bail at $45 million from the get-go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Bond business is scummy.
Hmmm... is that why dim-retards are so quick & able to make it work for them? Did you just inadvertently answer my question? If so, thanks.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:37 PM   #74
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

sam bankman fried has been charged with bribing the chinese with 40 million

i guess when he bribes our officials its with political contributions and not bribes
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:32 PM   #75
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

Hmmm... is that why dim-retards are so quick & able to make it work for them? Did you just inadvertently answer my question? If so, thanks.
Sorry. Missed the reply you addressed to me.

You obviously missed the quick & able talents of Fred Behrend, the Bail Bond King, did when he bailed a New Jersey man out of jail at the price of the bond and than told him that was his fee. How he put out a hit on a IRS Special Agent investigating his slimy business affairs. And there are quite a few other things. Rick Casey did a great series about it and he had feelers out on a contract killer to stop him from writing about it.

If so, than glad to make your point.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women