Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70467
biomed160975
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47733
pyramider46370
bambino40441
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-11-2023, 12:25 PM   #61
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian View Post

As an appetizer:

Oopsie! Quite a misfire there, at least in the event that you're trying to put a happy spin on Biden's grotesque fiscal excesses. (Sorry adav8s28. I'm afraid that Investopedia entry is quite a bit too suffused with misinformation and sheer nonsense for most people's tastes!)
In post #44 DB implies that Biden has the title of president, but is not doing anything to have an effect on any economic metric.
The point about the inverstopedia post was to show Biden had a plan and that Post #44 was incorrect.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:59 PM   #62
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
In post #44 DB implies that Biden has the title of president, but is not doing anything to have an effect on any economic metric.
The point about the inverstopedia post was to show Biden had a plan and that Post #44 was incorrect.
Adav, you are doing nothing but straw manning here. You are argueing against a point I never made. I have no need to infer that Biden has no plan. If I felt he had no plan I would happily come out and said that. But I didn't. Ever. The fact that you infered that from what I said is on you. You don't get to determine the intent of my words. I do. If you were confused you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by asking one question. Something like, "Hey Duc, are you saying Biden has absolutely no plan?"
My posting in this thread has always been about proving that our surging economy is the result of policy decision(s) by the administration and not just removing the wet blankets off the economy that were Covid restrictions. If you can't do that, it's fine . Just STFU about putting words in my mouth and calling me dishonest.
Here's a little poem to help you remember, with all credit to Dr. Suess.

I meant what I said
And I said what I meant
If you want to infer
then you can get bent!
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:30 PM   #63
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

In the words of Dilbert, bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
I’ll take a more sensible position, Clinton, Obama and Biden - all with similar economic policy - were are better stewards than republicans. Trickle down works fine for me but it’s shit economic policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian View Post
Huh?? You think Clinton and Biden pushed similar economic policies?

Perhaps you have forgotten that federal government spending fell by about three percentage points of GDP during a several year period in the second half of the 1990s. The debt-accumulation trajectory was heading in the right direction at the time. Have you failed to notice that the opposite is the case now? And you find it appropriate to gloat about this?

And, humorously enough, yet another mention of "trickle-down" economics!

It must surely be great fun to ask a partisan Democrat or self-described "progressive" what "trickle-down economics" is, and when anything reasonably describable in such fashion was implemented to any significant degree.

You might hear some babble about Reagan's "tax cuts for the wealthy." (Even though the sum total of tax law changes during Reagan's two terms actually raised taxes on the wealthy.)

Are you aware that the most robust attempt to boost the economy via "trickle-down" policy actually took off and shifted into high gear during the Obama administration?

(But why let logic, reason, and a few facts get in the way when a progressive has a political axe to grind?)
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 06:43 AM   #64
golferguy55
Valued Poster

LMFAO now Tiny why did you go and do this as I am sure that 1b1 would have been happy to let it fade away. I have noticed that everytime TC post one of his spot on posts calling out 1b1 on his partisan BS posts that he never responds back. Could it be that he realizes that his bideonmics is a total crock of horse pucker? Keep up the great spot on posts TC.
golferguy55 is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #65
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

I just don’t have time to get into a protracted argument with our resident economist. Particularly when he’s busy conflating issues. I understand that you’re impressed with him saying I’m wrong but you’ve zero clue what he’s talking about. It’s a similar reason I stopped arguing with Lex (what sent me over the edge was his lying about what I stated repeatedly).

You can stay in the peanut gallery Golfer, it’s about where your intellect keeps you.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:47 AM   #66
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
I just don’t have time to get into a protracted argument with our resident economist. Particularly when he’s busy conflating issues. I understand that you’re impressed with him saying I’m wrong but you’ve zero clue what he’s talking about. It’s a similar reason I stopped arguing with Lex (what sent me over the edge was his lying about what I stated repeatedly).

You can stay in the peanut gallery Golfer, it’s about where your intellect keeps you.
Figures you would cop out after you get your ass handed to you. I don't post on here much simply fir the fact that I have a life and it does not revolve around constantly posting on a hooker board. I call BS on you being an attorney because most reputable attorneys are too busy with their clients and not constantly posting partisan BS like you seem to do most of your day. Don't you have a eviction case you should be working on?
Old 06-13-2023, 11:46 AM   #67
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Uh huh.
Old 06-13-2023, 12:05 PM   #68
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:

How about telling it like it is Blackman. You arguing with Texas Contrarian about tax and economic issues is like me arguing with you about legal issues. You take on someone with far superior knowledge and you're going to get your ass kicked, although you may not know it.

Texas Contrarian didn't conflate anything. He's a deficit hawk, and comparing what passes for Biden's "economic policy" to Bill Clinton's is sacrilege to a deficit hawk.

He's right about trickle down too. Bipartisan changes in the tax code during the Reagan Administration resulted in the wealthy paying more tax, as they moved out of tax shelters and the like. See for example

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/03/31/b...-pay-more.html

The only item in the post that GolferGuy, or I, might not have understood was the reference to trickle down during the Obama Administration. I suspect TC may be referring to Fed policy, which boosted asset values. Hopefully he'll return and shed a bit more light on that, as you kindly did on the issue of attorney client privilege in the Trump indictment.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 12:21 PM   #69
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
How about telling it like it is Blackman. You arguing with Texas Contrarian about tax and economic issues is like me arguing with you about legal issues. You take on someone with far superior knowledge and you're going to get your ass kicked, although you may not know it.

Texas Contrarian didn't conflate anything. He's a deficit hawk, and comparing what passes for Biden's "economic policy" to Bill Clinton's is sacrilege to a deficit hawk.

He's right about trickle down too. Bipartisan changes in the tax code during the Reagan Administration resulted in the wealthy paying more tax, as they moved out of tax shelters and the like. See for example

The only item in the post that GolferGuy, or I, might not have understood was the reference to trickle down during the Obama Administration. I suspect TC may be referring to Fed policy, which boosted asset values. Hopefully he'll return and shed a bit more light on that, as you kindly did on the issue of attorney client

privilege in the Trump indictment.
Tiny I applaud you but you are talking to a brick wall when trying to get 1b1 to admit to having his ass handed to him by TC. From what I can see is that 1b1 is totally clueless about this issue so he just posts and parrots his partisan talking points. If I have time later on I will delve more into what TC posted as I do this. But for 1b1 to even remotely say that TC conflated anything is so laughable. But I will admit it is fun watching 1b1 having his ass handed to him as I am sure he probably has some upcoming eviction cases he needs to focus on.
Old 06-13-2023, 12:57 PM   #70
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

The only item in the post that GolferGuy, or I, might not have understood was the reference to trickle down during the Obama Administration. I suspect TC may be referring to Fed policy, which boosted asset values. Hopefully he'll return and shed a bit more light on that, as you kindly did on the issue of attorney client privilege in the Trump indictment.

Goodness. Ok. How about this. Generally, his level of granularity is more than I’d spend the time and effort to address on this forum. (As for legal issues, I know way more right off hand so it’s far simpler than arguing the weeds of economics and taxes).

As for the conflation, you’re doing it as well. Yes, the wealthy may have paid more taxes in dollars but not as their individual rates. Nonetheless, that wasn’t addressed in my original posts he was claiming to address yet he included it anyway, which is actually misdirection.

I never challenge his knowledge, nor that of Lexus (I just think Lex is dishonest broker in an argument that lies on what is actually written or in my case went in and changed my words in the quote). However, I have found them both to go off on unnecessary tangents to the issue at hand and go far beyond the actual statements made and argument presented. As I said, it gets too weedy and granular for me to spend the time to argue.

Needless to say, we differ in opinion.

As for Golfdude (evidently my stalker since he’s yet to do anything but run around sniffing my asshole), I give zero fucks what he says or thinks as Ive yet to read anything he’s typed as requiring an iota of my brain cells to comprehend. Tiny on the other hand, though we disagree on much, you can put 3 intelligible sentences together.

And yes, his quip about Obama and trickle down is a misplaced argument that non-existent interest rates and quantitative easing had the same stimulative effect as the trickle down economic theory. I’d disagree as to that assessment but I’m sure he’ll give a sufficiently complex explanation. The end result might have been similar but the how you get there differs vastly. Cutting taxes for the rich and hoping they’ll be the wave on which all ships rise is bad overall policy.
Old 06-13-2023, 01:10 PM   #71
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
Goodness. Ok. How about this. Generally, his level of granularity is more than I’d spend the time and effort to address on this forum. (As for legal issues, I know way more right off hand so it’s far simpler than arguing the weeds of economics and taxes).

As for the conflation, you’re doing it as well. Yes, the wealthy may have paid more taxes in dollars but not as their individual rates. Nonetheless, that wasn’t addressed in my original posts he was claiming to address yet he included it anyway, which is actually misdirection.

I never challenge his knowledge, nor that of Lexus (I just think Lex is dishonest broker in an argument that lies on what is actually written or in my case went in and changed my words in the quote). However, I have found them both to go off on unnecessary tangents to the issue at hand and go far beyond the actual statements made and argument presented. As I said, it gets too weedy and granular for me to spend the time to argue.

Needless to say, we differ in opinion.

As for Golfdude (evidently my stalker since he’s yet to do anything but run around sniffing my asshole), I give zero fucks what he says or thinks as Ive yet to read anything he’s typed as requiring an iota of my brain cells to comprehend. Tiny on the other hand, though we disagree on much, you can put 3 intelligible sentences together.

And yes, his quip about Obama and trickle down is a misplaced argument that non-existent interest rates and quantitative easing had the same stimulative effect as the trickle down economic theory. I’d disagree as to that assessment but I’m sure he’ll give a sufficiently complex explanation. The end result might have been similar but the how you get there differs vastly. Cutting taxes for the rich and hoping they’ll be the wave on which all ships rise is bad overall policy.
LMFAO you are literally clueless as to what my background is but that is another story.what I find amusing is you like to come on here thinking you know it all but yet when you literally get your ass handed to you for all to see you make more excuses than Trump does as to why you don't have time to address your being called out on your incorrect
BS posts yet you sure as hell have time to post your partisan BS posts on everything else. And LMFAO who would even remotely want to stalk a wannabe attorney?
Old 06-13-2023, 01:35 PM   #72
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

How’s my ass smell?
Old 06-13-2023, 01:51 PM   #73
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
How’s my ass smell?

How about you ask your hero Biden as you seem to also be sniffing his as much as you seem to worship him and his bidenomics.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:03 PM   #74
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

How’s my ass smell golfer, considering you love sniffing behind me at every turn.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:23 PM   #75
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
How’s my ass smell golfer, considering you love sniffing behind me at every turn.
You would be better equipped to answer your own question because with each and every idiotic partisan post that you make on bidenomics and anything else on you bury your head further and further up your own ass. Tell us again though how it just pains you so much that TC handed you your ass on your BS post on bidenomics.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women