Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #61
texasjohn1965
manposse

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
the point is why are his taxes so God Damn low!

Because his money comes from investments.

You can achieve the same tax rate. Quit your job, invest your money, and the profit from your investment will be taxed at the same low rate.
texasjohn1965 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #62
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
I didn't miss any point. You even say he's not a cheat. Therefore,following your logic, he used legal means to lower his tax rate as low as he could. Nothing unethical about that. It's smart. I'll bet you do it. I know the current president does. Romney just started with a lower rate as most of his income was taxed under cap gains.
And Buffet might just be too smart to run for office. But he's also smart enough to take full legal advantage of the tax system. He paid the same percentage as Romney. But I guess since he supports BO there's nothing wrong with him doing it.
Yes you missed the point.

What if there was a law that said Mormons pay 1% tax rate.

People did not know about this law.

People did not believe that Mormons paid only1%

You would have to expose all the Mormons tax returns for people to believe that Mormons paid this ridiculously low rate.

That is WTF I hope happens.

I hope it exposes how fuc'd up our tax system is.

So I again say you missed my point.

My point has not to say Mitt is a crook but to expose the tax system. Mitt is taking one for all the other rich people that pay this ridiculously low rate.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #63
CJ7
Valued Poster

IMO everyone of you misses the point ..

LEGAL has nothing to do with his returns
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #64
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Yes you missed the point.

What if there was a law that said Mormons pay 1% tax rate.

People did not know about this law.

People did not believe that Mormons paid only1%

You would have to expose all the Mormons tax returns for people to believe that Mormons paid this ridiculously low rate.

That is WTF I hope happens.

I hope it exposes how fuc'd up our tax system is.

So I again say you missed my point.

My point has not to say Mitt is a crook but to expose the tax system. Mitt is taking one for all the other rich people that pay this ridiculously low rate.

That's just silly. We don't need to see Mitt's returns to find out what's in the tax codes. And we all know they're a fucking joke.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #65
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
IAnd Buffet might just be too smart to run for office. But he's also smart enough to take full legal advantage of the tax system. He paid the same percentage as Romney. But I guess since he supports BO there's nothing wrong with him doing it.
Actually, Buffett has paid a far, far lower amount of taxes as a percentage of his aggregate wealth creation than Romney has, for reasons that I explained in my earlier post.

But my point is the same: Have you ever heard of anyone, irrespective of political persuasion, choosing to ignore obvious and readily available tax breaks and instead electing to make large donations to the Treasury? (Before impugning someone's honesty or character, it might be worth stopping just for a moment and thinking about that.)

And, yes, the national embarrassment that answers to the name of our tax code needs to be blown up and replaced with something that actually looks like it was designed on purpose. Instead, we have a clusterfuck that started out as a monstrosity and gets junked up with more and more crap every year.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #66
CJ7
Valued Poster

Romney cant afford the tax return embarrassment he went through when he ran for Gov.

tax system manipulation at its finest ... I'd be really surprised it it didnt surface sooner than later

retroactive tax returns that changed his state residence, and someone else made the mistake?

and Mitt is supposed to be a "businessman"

businessman he is, other than that .............
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #67
rodog44
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
To anyone with an open mind, the facts alone of a multimillionaire paying only a paltry 13% income taxes tells the entire story.

Neither did I say that he broke the law and you know that plainly enough.

The rich are too smart to commit such obvious crimes, but they find other hidden loopholes to create the the same effect.

What Romney did was hire some fancy accountants to figure out ways to hide money away and legally reduce the tax letter of the law, but broke the spirit of the law.

. . . In order to be prosperous, a country needs it's citizens to be productive and to pay their fair share of taxes in order for the entire system to operate.

P.S. As for those dumb-fucks who don't contribute anything, but still have the audacity to ask how much I paid in Federal income taxes, well, let me tell you, it was more than twice what Romney paid!

It was 20% if you count what he gave to charity. And if you paid twice as much to the IRS as Romney I'll fly to the moon on a fucking bike.
rodog44 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #68
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodog44 View Post
It was 20% if you count what he gave to charity. And if you paid twice as much to the IRS as Romney I'll fly to the moon on a fucking bike.
romney himself said 13%

is he lying?

from a percentage standpoint half of the taxpayers pay twice as much as Romney did ..

Schwinn or Huffy?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #69
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
romney himself said 13%

is he lying?

from a percentage standpoint half of the taxpayers pay twice as much as Romney did ..

Schwinn or Huffy?
Half of all taxpayers pay federal income taxes at an effective rate of 26%?

Would you like to tell us how you came up with that one?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #70
rodog44
Valued Poster

Quote:
romney himself said 13%

is he lying?

Schwinn or Huffy?
NO. He said it would amount to 20% if charity donations were added. Beside I just said that FG didn't pay more to the IRS. You fucking liberals get hung up on percentages instead of DOLLARS. If his tax returns weren't correct he wouldn't be running for president cause the IRS would have him in jail.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #71
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

half was a stretch .. but considering the amount of stretch that goes on here I felt compelled

I digress

25% Bracket $70,700 – $142,700 $35,350 – $85,650

single/married
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
half was a stretch .. but considering the amount of stretch that goes on here I felt compelled...
People stretch things while engaging in discussion in this forum?

Say it ain't so!

Please note, though, that to pay an effective tax rate of 26%, your income has to be a hell of a lot higher than the top of the 25% bracket.

What we're essentially talking about here is effective tax rate (which is what really matters), not marginal tax rate. They are two very different things.

Just guessing, as I'm much too lazy to figure it out, but I'd bet that you'd have to be well within the top 5% of the income distribution to pay an effective federal income tax rate of 26%.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #73
rodog44
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

HALF of the people dont pay ONE FUCKING dime. And the govt. sends them a check. EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #74
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

You all assume he did nothing illegal. Hasn't TTH pointed out that there was an amnesty for tax cheats to settle up by 2009? And Romney won't release anything prior to 2010.

If i was running for President, and admitted to cheating on my taxes in my 2009 tax return, i wouldn't release it either.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #75
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Mitt Romney made $21.7 million and paid $3-million in taxes. That's a 13.9% tax rate. But Romney's income was from dividends and capital gains, which are taxed at 15%.
So Romney was right in line. He paid a little less because he donated $3-million to charity, which lowered his taxable income.
According to the Internal Revenue Service, 40% of all Americans pay *no federal income tax*. And if you make up to $200-thousand dollars, which is 97% of all taxpayers, you pay an effective federal rate of 12%, that's lower than Romney's 13.9%.

http://www.erietvnews.com/story/1926...ugh-truth-test
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women