Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47560
pyramider46370
bambino40330
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 03-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #76
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I not only read it before, I understood it. Please refrain from making noise.
Smh. Is that the best you've got?

I'm trying to knock some sense into you, you old fool. Too bad the lockbox is empty. You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to defend the Ferguson PD.
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #77
Cherie
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 51103
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
Firstly, anyone who says they have all the answers is instantly in question IMO. There isn't one single thing you can point to. You are quick to point to the stereotypical situations but there are also single moms who work two jobs to provide for their kids. Should those people not get some form of assistance? If you want to try and pin it on one issue, I would start with education and the way it's viewed in the black community. Having several teachers in my immediate family, I'm intimately aware of the pervasive attitude in at least the communities where those teachers work. Black kids who do well in school are shamed for it by their fellow black schoolmates. They are accused of 'acting white' as if only white people are worthy of receiving a good education. I think that role models in the black community; athletes, entertainers, etc., are viewed as the pinnacle of success. They have more money than most will ever see in their life and anything short of that is viewed as a failure. The community must start looking elsewhere for role models. Doctors, nurses, lawyers, architects, etc. should be seen as attainable goals. The lack of father figures is definitely a problem. I personally believe that changing the attitude towards education is a more attainable goal in the short term than changing the lack of fathers in the home. Both require a sizable, cultural shift. At the bottom of it all is making them feel like they matter. Making them feel like black lives matter in this country. And with the way blacks are treated by law enforcement, I can begin to understand their attitude. They can do everything right and still be subject to harassment, so fuck it. I get that. They feel that they can do everything right, get an education but at the end of the day they're still black and they don't feel like black lives matter. We have to change that simple fact before anything else can take root.
Great post UC:
You are soo correct, in that no one can have all the answers for any one community, as that community is made up of many individuals with many different situations. I must say, that I still do believe the route of the problems that start within the "certain black communities" or any community/family for that matter, are the lack of parental controls for without that condition, one cannot learn respect for any authority, and without respect for authority, which is the buttress against social collapse, that society/community/family will deteriorate exponentially. Please tell me what police officers are suppose to do when going into a territory, whether it be a home, car, on the street, knowing that they are despised because the people there wish to eliminate them and have been in trouble with the law before, and we're not speaking petty trouble, we're speaking robberies, armed robberies, threatening, threatening with knifes and/or guns is routine etc. If you were a police officer what would you do? I know I would most likely be on the defensive and probably have my hand close to my gun or use whatever apparatus is close at hand, it is human nature, for just as a cornered animal will lash out in self defense, survival is our number 1 instinct.

As for assistance you ask, when someone is working should they get help. But, of course, I certainly believe that a bridge should be extended to those who show that they wish to help themselves, but to have people (most that are not even in a family environment) keep having babies, when they know full well that they can't take care of them and those babies will become dependent on the dole is doing them all a disservice (the adults and the children).

Education, so very important, but we need to stop lowering the standards, because someone is black, talk about a disservice and basically saying, "we know you can't do it, but don't worry, we'll pass you anyway, that, in and of itself, is the biggest sanctimoniousness statement one group of people can say to another group. Instead, get stern on them, like a parent does to/for a child, so that child knows that he is loved and will be able to face any adversity in life. Yes black people matter, just as all races, but we need to get out of the way, stop ingratiating ourselves to them and they will survive.
Cherie is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #78
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

E-e-excellent, SLOBBRIN.

Your self-portrait truly outdoes Van Gogh's!

Thanks for the avatar, "Shit Eater!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #79
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Does that "culture change" mean having a predominate Black police force with the thought that the thugs, punks and scum, who account for much of the crime in communities like Ferguson, will simply be left to do as they please?
You haven't read the DOJ report. And did anything I said mention getting away with crime? Did it? You're creating a bullshit argument and until you read the report, you have no basis to comment.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #80
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
You haven't read the DOJ report. And did anything I said mention getting away with crime? Did it? You're creating a bullshit argument and until you read the report, you have no basis to comment.
Perhaps some sociologist/psychologist will be able to explain the "purpose" and "benefit" of having a police force reflecting the racial makeup of the community.

And then the same "expert" can explain how distributing the police force in the community based on the racial/geographical makeup of the community will reduce crime. In other words ... assigning Black patrol officers to the predominantly Black sections of the town.

Once a rational basis can be established with factual data to support it, we can then have a discussion on the significance of the "separate, but equal" concept, and how that would be applied to isolating the Black community, and the White community for that matter.

Of course if officers of the same ethnicity failed to arrest violators, but "cut them some slack" in their discretion, that would result in a lower "crime" rate, because there would be fewer arrests to count in the stats. Thereby justifying and supporting the claim that putting officers of the same ethnicity of the community will result in lower crime rates.

Shouldn't the communities be acclimating white citizens to Black police officers, and Black citizens with White police officers, instead of segregating them with each other? Doesn't that aggravate an already stressful situation .. according to the "experts" suggesting what the racial makeup of the department should be?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #81
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Perhaps some sociologist/psychologist will be able to explain the "purpose" and "benefit" of having a police force reflecting the racial makeup of the community.

Will some one get LLIdiot a napkin please? He just vomited all over this thread.
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:40 AM   #82
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanm View Post
Will some one get LLIdiot a napkin please? He just vomited all over this thread..
The puke on here is you.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #83
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

the DOJ takes "facts" and views them one-sidedly

in addition they use very flawed methodology in drawing inferences from "statistics" from which inferences cannot be logically drawn

the "witnesses" who lied about the events of the Michael brown shooting, when questioned further and presented with facts, said that they had to lie because of having to live in that community

here's what holder said:

"Yet it remains not only valid – but essential – to question how such a strong alternative version of events was able to take hold so swiftly, and be accepted so readily"

how is it the racism of the police that did that? yet that's the tortured twist holder takes

the power in that community did that, the lack of truth caused by fear did that, the thug mentality did that

in a larger sense the race baiters like Sharpton did that and the liberal media does that and yes, obama causes it, by the continued jumps to conclusions and the false narratives and the lack of truth telling. the damage to young children growing up to hate due to the constant living in the dim past

as mark twain said, lies go around the world, before the truth can put its boots on

in other words, the thugs rule..the police try to fight back and relatively honest people are scared and have to go along with the thugs

and the spiral continues

its not the police, its not the whiteness or blackness of anyone, its the community which is ruled by fear

the doj report was designed to give cover to holder and obama
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #84
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
the DOJ takes "facts" and views them one-sidely ....
When LE does that it is called a "focused investigation," which means they have determined the result before they begin the investigation and "focus" the gathering of the facts and their "interpretation" to fit the result.

When there was NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE to dispute Officer Wilson's version of the events that led to the death of Michael Brown, in order to save face, Holder's Henchmen, crafted a "report" from statistical data THEY COLLECTED and interpreted the data and reported it in a manner to be able to say publicly ..... "see we told you the Ferguson police were racists" even though ...

there was NO EVIDENCE Officer Wilson was racially motivated in his response.

When one uses "stats" to demonstrate bias the "stats" have to overlaid on the "stats" setting the "standard" of behavior to do a comparison with the "norm" created by the reported behavior of those similarly situated.

The "norm" nationally is that Black people are arrested for Major crimes (traffic arrests are not reported by the FBI who verifies the information) TWO TIMES more than their population nationally, where as in Ferguson, even tossing in the traffic arrests, Blacks are arrested 50 PERCENT more than their population IN FERGUSON, which DOES NOT factor in whether those arrested were actually from Ferguson or not.

This is where this shit from this administration started .. a bias against police:

Obaminable was wrong when he stuck his ignorant nose in that police-citizen contact, and he was wrong on Ferguson. Holder's trying to cover his ass. He's shown it too many times.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #85
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
the DOJ takes "facts" and views them one-sidedly

in addition they use very flawed methodology in drawing inferences from "statistics" from which inferences cannot be logically drawn

the "witnesses" who lied about the events of the Michael brown shooting, when questioned further and presented with facts, said that they had to lie because of having to live in that community

here's what holder said:

"Yet it remains not only valid – but essential – to question how such a strong alternative version of events was able to take hold so swiftly, and be accepted so readily"

how is it the racism of the police that did that? yet that's the tortured twist holder takes

the power in that community did that, the lack of truth caused by fear did that, the thug mentality did that

in a larger sense the race baiters like Sharpton did that and the liberal media does that and yes, obama causes it, by the continued jumps to conclusions and the false narratives and the lack of truth telling. the damage to young children growing up to hate due to the constant living in the dim past

as mark twain said, lies go around the world, before the truth can put its boots on

in other words, the thugs rule..the police try to fight back and relatively honest people are scared and have to go along with the thugs

and the spiral continues

its not the police, its not the whiteness or blackness of anyone, its the community which is ruled by fear

the doj report was designed to give cover to holder and obama
Complete and utter bullshit. Facts? Don't make me laugh. Did you even read the report? I doubt it. You cite flaws but don't explain. Likely because you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Racism did this. Relatively honest? You can't even concede there are good people in this community. Good people who might be black. Jesus. Your choice of words gives you away. It exposes your true position. It couldn't possibly be white cops. They've never done anything to black people. No, of course not.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #86
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Complete and utter bullshit. Facts? Don't make me laugh. Did you even read the report? I doubt it. You cite flaws but don't explain. Likely because you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Racism did this. Relatively honest? You can't even concede there are good people in this community. Good people who might be black. Jesus. Your choice of words gives you away. It exposes your true position. It couldn't possibly be white cops. They've never done anything to black people. No, of course not.
you cant read or think, what the f are you talking about? you create accusations against me out of whole clothe or is it out of thin air?

I didn't say that the witnesses were intimated, .the report reveals it

and holder's methodology for inferring racism is flawed. there may well be some racism, just his method is illogical. likewise there is extreme racism by a segment of the people of ferguson, mainly the criminal element holding the good people under its sway

holder puts forth the fallacy of disparate impact, that is the issue that the doj attempts to put forth

that the racial percentages of the population of ferguson should be mirrored in the arrest records or traffic tickets issued

the doj is using the same flawed methodology regarding school discipline or haven't you kept up there also?

applying the disparate impact theory to law enforcement is a recipe for anarachy

blacks accounted for 86 percent of traffic stops in 2013 but make up 63 percent of the population. these numbers are meaningless as proof of police racism, unless one considers the underlying rate of traffic offenses. actually I believe there are studies regarding blacks committing more traffic violations

mere racial composition to traffic stops are also meaningless without studies as to who is driving, who drives the most miles, who is on roadways given to speeding, the age demographics of the drivers, the age demographics of ferguson itself, retired versus workers, welfare or other non workers driving more miles etc etc etc

arrests from traffic stops as a percentage of racial composition are also meaningless without underlying data regarding outstanding arrest warrants

black teenagers between the ages of 14 and 17 die, from HOMICIDE, at ten times the rate of white and hispanic teenagers

blacks commit 3 times the rate of property crime as their population would indicate

the statistic cited cannot be logically used for inferences, yet holder does so

among other logical fallacies holder uses is one called an "appeal to ignorance"; what else can it be, the disparities, save racism?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #87
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

You really should read the report. Is disparate your word of the day? You do not need the other information you mention, to get a clear picture of what is happening. And it was all predicated on increasing revenue. Sad.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #88
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
you cant read or think, what the f are you talking about? you create accusations against me out of whole clothe or is it out of thin air?

I didn't say that the witnesses were intimated, .the report reveals it

and holder's methodology for inferring racism is flawed. there may well be some racism, just his method is illogical. likewise there is extreme racism by a segment of the people of ferguson, mainly the criminal element holding the good people under its sway
Theres no denying that there is some truth in what you are saying. Blacks do commit more crime and therefore DO end up being a larger makeup of those arrested for crime.
BUT are you really saying that the department is clearly and completely excused in this entire issue? Did you or did you not read the emails that were circulating? Or the public statements? There's more than one way to skin a cow.
This statistic for example, "blacks twice as likely to be searched during vehicle stops, despite being 26% less likely to possess contraband" Are you saying that this statistic also has nothing to do with racial bias? If you ARE saying that then there is no way in hell any sense is going to get through to you, youve already made up your mind. You can deny all you want, but in the end all you're doing is backing up racists and hate-mongerers.
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #89
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

they call it that,,,disparate ....its the term

as to revenue enhancement? yeah what government doesnt try that

if its merely revenue enhancement , that's color blind, not much in the way of racism there

its sad then if government is the cause of the troubles in ferguson
as you seem to think

it was government in the garner case as well, not wanting the sale of loosies so Cuomo can collect cigarette tax

so its big Government, eh?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #90
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanm View Post
Theres no denying that there is some truth in what you are saying. Blacks do commit more crime and therefore DO end up being a larger makeup of those arrested for crime.
BUT are you really saying that the department is clearly and completely excused in this entire issue? Did you or did you not read the emails that were circulating? Or the public statements? There's more than one way to skin a cow.
This statistic for example, "blacks twice as likely to be searched during vehicle stops, despite being 26% less likely to possess contraband" Are you saying that this statistic also has nothing to do with racial bias? If you ARE saying that then there is no way in hell any sense is going to get through to you, youve already made up your mind. You can deny all you want, but in the end all you're doing is backing up racists and hate-mongerers.
im saying a very simple thing. the report inferences are drawn using fallacious thinking, whether they are true or not requires much more thought

any direct fact, such as an email needs to be dealt with, those are individual issues

I can imagine a case where crime is rampant, police try to intervene, criminals don't like that, and tensions build..and then yeah someone sends a stupid email, or begins to distrust many blacks they come into contact with, that needs to be dealt with ...but to focus the issues solely on the police when its the thugs ..well it will never work

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women