Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162728
Yssup Rider60438
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48472
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41777
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36158
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #76
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

To start with, I’m a birther. I’ve got my birth certificate in my filing cabinet in my study. I ordered it from the State of Texas and everything. Got on line, and had them print and send it to me. But I don’t see what that has to do with Nationalizing BP or corporate criminals.

Someone said it earlier about if corporations are entities to be regarded as humans they would be penalized like humans. That won’t really work, but we can hold their execs that made these egregious decisions to fly in the face of decency and human and national safety responsible. They did it to Skilling and Lay. I read in the Houston Chronicle this weekend that BP had more accidents / violations in one year in their Texas City plant that Exxon has EVER had in their Houston Ship Channel plant. Corporations if they were people would be psychopathic humans. Their job is to produce products / services at a profit and satisfy their shareholders.

Safety and social consciousness is a very modern corporate personality trait: a very post-post industrial revolution concept. I’m sure there are hundreds on contributors to this crazy concept of fairness in the work and market place: anti-trust laws, child labor laws, unions, plaintiff lawyers, the spread of the middle class, education, TV, etc. The bottom line is corporations are now expected to be held accountable and be cute fuzzy things. They aren’t; it isn’t in their nature. Their nature is to make money. That’s why they need to be monitored just like people are. Being a birther, loving or hating Obama isn’t going to change these simple facts.

Fascist, laizziz faire corporate criminality isn’t the answer anymore than STOP DRILLING government up your ass reactions is. Find out what happened. Drill a new you know what for the people responsible. Fine BP. Get a grip on - not stop - deep water drilling. Drill a litter closer. Don’t pass ridiculous caps on damage assessment laws for corporate raiders / criminals. But for God’s sake stop the oil and clean it up!

The deep water rig people are actually talking about pulling out of the US! If that happens, if a lot of Obama’s anti-Southern and anti-oil ideas come to fruition because he is allowed to run rough shot over the marketplace, one of the few semi-healthy economies in the country (maybe even world) is going to crater – Texas and Louisiana. Now isn’t the time for that. One problem at a time. Deep water drilling and nationalizing health care can be left for another day.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #77
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I read in the Houston Chronicle this weekend that BP had more accidents / violations in one year in their Texas City plant that Exxon has EVER had in their Houston Ship Channel plant.
Assuming this is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, the natural reaction is if these people at BP had that shitty a record, why the fuck were they ever granted a license to drill? It seems to me the answer isn't stopping drilling, but lets be reasonable about who we let do it. We don't need more government regulation, we need more intelligent government regulation.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #78
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
We don't need more government regulation, we need more intelligent government regulation.
Word!

If policymakers would follow that one simple rule we'd be immeasurably better off.

(And that's especially true of the financial services industry.)
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #79
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Don't get me started.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #80
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Word!

If policymakers would follow that one simple rule we'd be immeasurably better off.

Egg-sactly. PJ and Captain.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #81
pjorourke
Valued Poster

When the Leftest media starts kicking his ass, the Anointed One is screwed:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/111965
Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #82
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
When the Leftest media starts kicking his ass, the Anointed One is screwed:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/111965
Not tooting my own horn, but great minds think a like…..My pet name for our exalted leader is The Anointed One also.

There’s plenty of choice stuff in the article. The Prez purposely under estimated the spill. BP screwed up a really, really big reservoir of OUR oil. And the spill is the equivalent of the Exxon Valdez every FIVE DAYS. But the best, the truly best part is this:

“……………………Most troubling of all, the government has allowed BP to continue deep-sea production at its Atlantis rig – one of the world's largest oil platforms. Capable of drawing 200,000 barrels a day from the seafloor, Atlantis is located only 150 miles off the coast of Louisiana, in waters nearly 2,000 feet deeper than BP drilled at Deepwater Horizon. According to congressional documents, the platform lacks required engineering certification for as much as 90 percent of its subsea components – a flaw that internal BP documents reveal could lead to "catastrophic" errors. In a May 19th letter to Salazar, 26 congressmen called for the rig to be shut down immediately. "We are very concerned," they wrote, "that the tragedy at Deepwater Horizon could foreshadow an accident at BP Atlantis."
The administration's response to the looming threat? According to an e-mail to a congressional aide from a staff member at MMS, the agency has had "zero contact" with Atlantis about its safety risks since the Deepwater rig went down.”

You are right PJ, he’s headed for the roasting pit now that the press is finally talking about the elephant that is in the room!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #83
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default What elephant?...and how can the Prez underestimate the spill?

Quote:

You are right PJ, he’s headed for the roasting pit now that the press is finally talking about the elephant that is in the room!

He'll be re-elected and you two will be eating crow , again.

Obama did not cause this spill. The best and the brightest are working to shut this thing down...all else is just politics.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #84
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Dream on, WTF.

Although the fallout from the oil spill may come and go, that from the fiscal kamikaze mission will be with us for years to come.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #85
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Both parties wanna buy shit on credit

Quote:
Dream on, WTF.

Although the fallout from the oil spill may come and go, that from the fiscal kamikaze mission will be with us for years to come.
I haven't spent all the money I won from you boys on the last election!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #86
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
His best hope to get reelected is to lose the House so he doesn't have nancy hung around his neck anymore. Then he can pull a Clinton and move to the center. If he doesn't, we are talking Jimmy carter here.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #87
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Although the fallout from the oil spill may come and go,
I don't think so. The Exxon Valdez was with us for over 20 years, and it will be minuscule compared to this spill. I predict there will be litigation or claims over this that are fought for 50 years or so. Come and go...I don't think so.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #88
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
His best hope to get reelected is to lose the House so he doesn't have nancy hung around his neck anymore. Then he can pull a Clinton and move to the center.
Exactly right.

If Nancy retains the Speaker's gavel and this group continues on its present trajectory, I think we'll see a horrific fiscal crisis within two years. It's being baked into the pie as we speak.

On the other hand, if Obama has a Republican congress to run against in 2012, he may have a fair shot -- even if the unemployment rate is still stubbornly high, which I expect it to be.

Could his best strategy be "winning by losing?"

Yeah, it sort of looks that way.

But the big question is this: Is Obama capable of moving to the center as Clinton did? It seems to me that while Bill Clinton is a practical pragmatist, Barack Obama is a doctrinaire ideologue.

Quote:
...If he doesn't, we are talking Jimmy carter here.
Or worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I don't think so. The Exxon Valdez was with us for over 20 years, and it will be minuscule compared to this spill. I predict there will be litigation or claims over this that are fought for 50 years or so. Come and go...I don't think so.
I'm afraid you're probably right about that.

But my basic point was the whatever may become of the oil spill, the brewing fiscal crisis will swamp prospects for robust economic growth, and there's no way around that -- unless some far-left liberals suddenly have some sort of epiphany, and I certainly haven't seen any indication that that's very likely.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #89
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Not tooting my own horn, but great minds think a like…..My pet name for our exalted leader is The Anointed One also.
I've got $100 that says it's also Orly Taitz's pet name for him too.

Just sayin'.

Quote:
What i got from the article is that Obama wasn't as aggressive as he should have been in addressing the Bush/Cheney corruption. To that, I won't disagree. But before you get too giddy over what you fantasize the political fallout to be, just keep in mind that it'll be substantially muted by the idiocy of the suggestion that President Drillbabydrill and his moronic sidekick would have done any better.

A lot of subconscious goes into people's attitudes towards other people. And i'm guessing that right now, the best thing Obama has going for him is the fact that McCain and Palin were running around screaming "Drill baby drill" at every rally they were at - right up to the day the oil started flowing into the gulf.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #90
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Were you boys Drama majors in College!

Quote:
His best hope to get reelected is to lose the House so he doesn't have nancy hung around his neck anymore. Then he can pull a Clinton and move to the center. If he doesn't, we are talking Jimmy carter here.
Quote:
Exactly right.

If Nancy retains the Speaker's gavel and this group continues on its present trajectory, I think we'll see a horrific fiscal crisis within two years. It's being baked into the pie as we speak.

On the other hand, if Obama has a Republican congress to run against in 2012, he may have a fair shot -- even if the unemployment rate is still stubbornly high, which I expect it to be.

Could his best strategy be "winning by losing?"

Or worse!

Good Lord , Jimmy Carter...the man who first wanted to wean us from oil dependency!

Heaven forbid Obama tries to do that! History will be much kinder to Carter, than say.....ehhhh whats the name of the guy ya'll worship? Ole yea Reagan, Ronnie Reagan.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women