Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160960
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47733
pyramider46370
bambino40441
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #76
Guest083119
Account Disabled

User ID: 444493

For manslaughter to apply, she doesn’t have to discharge the weapon accidentally, but rather, recklessly. Like if she peaked around the corner, heard a noise in the dark and fired blindly into the room resulting in Jean’s death.

For murder, her actions need to be intentional, which they seem to have been. She intended to shoot the person who stood before her.

Legally, if she goes to trial, she might be in a better position if she is charged with murder because then she has a better defense. She can argue “mistake of fact” and basically say that she mistakenly believed an intruder had unlawfully entered her home intending to cause her harm (physical or financial) and she shot him in self defense, rightfully, under the Castle Doctrine.

If the jury believes she truly thought it was her apartment and Jean was a burglar, they could acquit her. Charging her with manslaughter basically denies her this defense, but puts her in a better position if she pleads guilty.
Guest083119 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #77
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
But weren’t you trained *not* to walk into a situation like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin3 View Post
Piss poor execution of training. The front door was the choke point...and illuminated. Volumes to speak of in how her actions negate her right to carry a weapon. But I’ll leave it at that.

Oh, yes, without a doubt she exercised poor judgment (at a minimum).

Not that her actions should in any way impact her Constitutional right to carry a firearm...
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #78
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Three View Post
If the jury believes she truly thought it was her apartment and Jean was a burglar, they could acquit her. Charging her with manslaughter basically denies her this defense, but puts her in a better position if she pleads guilty.
You don't think that if we assume the facts were that she reasonably believed she was in her own apartment, and that she was defending herself, that she would be innocent of manslaughter?

I'm no lawyer, but I hope that if I'm in my home, and I have to defend myself using deadly force, that I can't be convicted just by switching the charge from murder to manslaughter.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #79
LargeBreastFan
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 72

She is guilty, no need for a trial.

LargeBreastFan is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #80
Guest083119
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
You don't think that if we assume the facts were that she reasonably believed she was in her own apartment, and that she was defending herself, that she would be innocent of manslaughter?

I'm no lawyer, but I hope that if I'm in my home, and I have to defend myself using deadly force, that I can't be convicted just by switching the charge from murder to manslaughter.
It’s not what you or I believe, it’s what the elements of the crime are and properly charging her. The jury instructions tell the jury what they are required to decide. Hopefully, if this goes to trial, the State will charge her with both and give the jury the ability to decide. But don’t be surprised that when she’s charged with murder, her defense attorney argues not to allow the lesser charge.

People don’t defend themselves by acting recklessly. They defend themselves by acting intentionally. So using the Castle Doctrine for manslaughter really does not make legal sense.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #81
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrymccockinner View Post
She’s a victim? She Killed An Innocent Man! The fact that she’ll likely get off in large part because she happens to be white still does not make her a victim. It makes her lucky in today’s America.
Clearly, you missed my point. While Simultaneously, making my point. I said nothing about the brother not being innocent.
8701 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:20 AM   #82
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
For manslaughter to apply, she doesn’t have to discharge the weapon accidentally, but rather, recklessly. Like if she peaked around the corner, heard a noise in the dark and fired blindly into the room resulting in Jean’s death.

For murder, her actions need to be intentional, which they seem to have been. She intended to shoot the person who stood before her.

Legally, if she goes to trial, she might be in a better position if she is charged with murder because then she has a better defense. She can argue “mistake of fact” and basically say that she mistakenly believed an intruder had unlawfully entered her home intending to cause her harm (physical or financial) and she shot him in self defense, rightfully, under the Castle Doctrine.

This is an incredibly accurate, coherent summation of the facts. I'm impressed.
wfguy71 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #83
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Evidence showed shot from doorway 12-15 feet no indication of weapon , So why didn't she Back out , Not shoot into a dark apartment, at a shadow. Very reckless/ unreasonable at best.
I'm not that smart but what kind of defense could you have based on the facts so far?
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #84
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Quote:
People don’t defend themselves by acting recklessly. They defend themselves by acting intentionally. So using the Castle Doctrine for manslaughter really does not make legal sense.
And is there not still an affirmative defense to prosecution for defending oneself in certain situations?
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #85
Purlie Victorious
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

The new revelations about the victim should not matter to the case, but 10 grams of reefer and a Gucci Mane autobiography sitting out, can't help his afterlife reputation
Purlie Victorious is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #86
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Evidence showed shot from doorway 12-15 feet no indication of weapon , So why didn't she Back out , Not shoot into a dark apartment, at a shadow. Very reckless/ unreasonable at best.
I'm not that smart but what kind of defense could you have based on the facts so far?

You come home and find a stranger in your apartment, in the dark. You draw your firearm and order them to show their hands, they refuse and start yelling back at you. You fire two shots. I'd say that doesn't sound unreasonable or reckless.

Her defense is that she thought she was in her apartment. A mistake of fact, which is a defense in Texas law.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #87
Purlie Victorious
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

You are assuming the Cop's affidavit is fact, that the Rangers gave her 3 days to put together. Why we having an investigation and Grand Jury if you know she innocent?
Purlie Victorious is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #88
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
And is there not still an affirmative defense to prosecution for defending oneself in certain situations?

There are defenses to manslaughter, just not mistake of fact. She could argue self defense, for example.

Although, there's no reason the charges couldn't be changed to murder before the trial.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #89
Guest083119
Account Disabled

Quote:
I’m working with the statement she made. If she had stated that she saw something moving about what she mistakenly thought was her apartment and fired a warning shot into the dark room, that resulted in his death, that’s about the best I can think of. But she didn’t state that.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #90
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

I think she'll be charged with murder, eventually.

I don't know how you point a loaded gun at someone, pull the trigger twice, intending to shoot them, and are charged with manslaughter.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women