Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 03-04-2021, 11:14 AM   #76
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponrisin View Post
I've been contemplating the Tesla truck
I like the appearance..also the ramp..I may be able to drive my snowmobile into it
I recently learned that has a completely sealed bottom and floats on water. Amazing.
Willie Wanker is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #77
bf0082
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
When you stop pipeline jobs by executive order, halt oil exploration on federal lands by executive order, and threaten oilfield jobs in general then yes, you can blame POTUS.
From what I can find, This pipeline was intended to send raw crude from Canada to USA to be refined and returned to Canada, so Canada can meet their 2.5M barrels per day usage.

Any extra costs associated with no pipeline will just get passed on to Canada in refining costs. That's if oil is even worth extracting in the sandy oil fields.

I don't see this pipeline being detrimental to anything associated with it, and its potential harm to USA lands as seen with other pipelines is a real concern.

I see no benefits to risk environmental catastrophe in the name of Corporate profits, this pipeline will in
NO WAY LOWER THE PRICE AT THE PUMP, and serves no economic benefits to the American people.

Canada produces 4.5M / day. they consume 2.5M / day their refining capacity is 2M / day.

Even if this pipeline could move all of Canada's daily oil output, which obviously it never will, we are talking about such low numbers.

Other than costing a few thousand american's to be laid off early and allowed to collect enhanced unemployment, What other statistics do you have as to the purpose and use of this pipeline ?

With $80 a barrel oil, the USA with fracking is the highest daily producer of oil in the world. we would be producing 12M plus barrels per day exceeding Saudia Arabia's 12M per day output.

from my quick search its capacity would be apx, 600,000 barrels of canadian sandy oil to be refined in the gulf, and sent back to Canada.
bf0082 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:11 PM   #78
Zollner
BANNED

Encounters: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Wanker View Post
I'm not a fan of leasing. I have done well buying new and getting a great trade in value. I pamper my cars and my
mileage is low.
Doesn't matter. You still get raped on trade ins. If you buy, keep it for a long time 6-10 years to ease the hosing you get when you trade it in.

I like new vehicles. So lease for it 3 yrs for full warr coverage then get a new lease. Only bought when offered 0% financing. Monthly payments never were a bother.
Zollner is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:20 PM   #79
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
I agree. Ford Should have called it the Mach-E.
Check out 2022 Bolt EUV on YouTube. Bolt EUV is on the road in California!

Bolt EUV looks better, is bigger, with better suspension and has a few more goodies than the 2021 Bolt EV and runs ~$31,000-33,000.
Reviews say it even rides better than Ford Mach-E
Old 03-04-2021, 11:21 PM   #80
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
Have you checked out the Tesla CyberTruck? I think it's ugly, but the specs on the triple motor version are insane. I'll admit, ugly as it is, I'd still consider getting one, but it won't fit in my garage.
Looked at it but frankly like the Hummer EV better that will be avail 2022.
Looks good on YouTube and is more advanced than Tesla CyberTruck.
1,000 HP, 11,500 pound ft of torque, 0-60 mph in 3 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMhZKmHKGk
Old 03-05-2021, 12:41 AM   #81
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zollner View Post
Doesn't matter. You still get raped on trade ins. If you buy, keep it for a long time 6-10 years to ease the hosing you get when you trade it in.

I like new vehicles. So lease for it 3 yrs for full warr coverage then get a new lease. Only bought when offered 0% financing. Monthly payments never were a bother.
It does matter to me, or I wouldn't do it. Monthly Payments are a thorn in my side, I prefer ownership.
I did the math. It was close when the trade in is considered. I'll also get an an additional $7500 EV tax credit, and with my trade-in I'll avoid paying taxes on $18,500 of the new car. The EV will be paid I full from day-1.
Rent and mortgage payments suck too. I paid off my mortgage in 11 years to avoid that monthly nuisance bill. My only monthly payments now are utilities and a credit card that I pay off the full balance each month.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:38 AM   #82
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Check out 2022 Bolt EUV on YouTube. Bolt EUV is on the road in California!

Bolt EUV looks better, is bigger, with better suspension and has a few more goodies than the 2021 Bolt EV and runs ~$31,000-33,000.
Reviews say it even rides better than Ford Mach-E
Pretty nice, but it still looks like a bolt wearing extra bling. I have avoided chevy the last decade or so. I never owned one I didn't regret later on. Poor build quality and too many recalls. I tested a bolt, but not the EUV It was allright, but I wasn't very impressed.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:56 AM   #83
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

The CyberTruck with Tri-motor costs less and will eat the Hummer alive. It out specs the Hummer on almost everything. Not even close. You must have been looking at the single motor build when comparing.

BULLETPROOF Body
0-60 MPH
<2.9 SECONDS
RANGE
500+ MILES (EPA EST.)
DRIVETRAIN
TRI MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
STORAGE
100 CU FT
VAULT LENGTH
6.5 FT
TOWING CAPACITY
14,000+ LBS
AUTOPILOT
STANDARD
ADAPTIVE AIR SUSPENSION
STANDARD
GROUND CLEARANCE
UP TO 16"
APPROACH ANGLE
35 DEGREES
DEPARTURE ANGLE
28 DEGREES
Old 03-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #84
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Ok, back to EVs, for a city commuter, perfect, if, and a big if, you have a place to plug it in.

But, what I have not seen much, is the replacement cost of the battery pack. Every EV in production nowadays will need that at some point and that must be included to determine lifetime cost per mile.

And btw, don't knock the mid 60s mustang. I took a couple pink slips from SS sport owners, and promptly sold them.

Back to oil, Ranger, yes fracking helps a bit now, but, seriously, it just empties a well quicker.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:04 AM   #85
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Ok, back to EVs, for a city commuter, perfect, if, and a big if, you have a place to plug it in.

But, what I have not seen much, is the replacement cost of the battery pack. Every EV in production nowadays will need that at some point and that must be included to determine lifetime cost per mile.

And btw, don't knock the mid 60s mustang. I took a couple pink slips from SS sport owners, and promptly sold them.

Back to oil, Ranger, yes fracking helps a bit now, but, seriously, it just empties a well quicker.
I agree. Until the charging station network is expanded, EV's aren't the best choice for long distance travel.

Yes batteries will have to be replaced eventually. Manufacturers are making better, less expensive batteries using better chemistry and new technology. Tesla leading the way on that imo.

Consider how much oil changes, fluids, tuneup and engine maintenance costs over the life of a gas car. Apply that savings to your battery replacement if you own the EV longer than 7-years..
Old 03-05-2021, 10:29 PM   #86
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
Consider how much oil changes, fluids, tuneup and engine maintenance costs over the life of a gas car. Apply that savings to your battery replacement if you own the EV longer than 7-years..
Exactly!
Overall EVs have it all over ICEs for their utterly amazing simplicity of the EV. There is a small electric motor connected to a gear reduction unit. This replaces the huge heavy ICE and current heavy multi-geared transmissions of current ICEs. There are EV coolant fluids that require changing after 5 years right now but this may change as ongoing modifications are made in the future.
This is shown quite well in the clip below by Professor Kelly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r37nqfnV9EU
Old 03-05-2021, 10:56 PM   #87
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
Yes batteries will have to be replaced eventually. Manufacturers are making better, less expensive batteries using better chemistry and new technology. Tesla leading the way on that imo.
Not true.
GM is the leader here. Remember GM was the EV pioneer back in the mid 90s with their EV1. EV1 vehicle program was cancelled due to basically GM myopia in the late 90s. All Tesla did was get all GM's EV1 data, blueprints, etc., and improve some on what GM created and gave Tesla.

IMAGINE what would have happened had GM through utter gross Corporate incompetence, stupidity and myopia NOT scrapped their EV1 program:
1. We would have moved to EVs back in the 90s instead of now 30 years later.
2. Tesla probably never would have been created because GM would have done it all first.
3. GM would never had gone bankrupt and would be sitting very pretty right now raking in all the profits Tesla has made.
4. Of course Ford and Chrysler would have followed suite and be in far better shape also.

Talking about Ford don't know WHY they haven't brought back an EV version of their vaunted Thunderbird as yet???
The Thunderbird-E would be sweet!

GM’s new Ultium battery is superior to the Tesla battery.
Quote:
GM’s new Ultium batteries are unique in the industry because the large-format, pouch-style cells can be stacked vertically or horizontally inside the battery pack. This allows engineers to optimize battery energy storage and layout for each vehicle design.

Ultium energy options range from 50 to 200 kWh, which could enable a GM-estimated range up to 400 miles or more on a full charge with 0 to 60 mph acceleration as low as 3 seconds. Motors designed in-house will support front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, all-wheel drive and performance all-wheel drive applications.

Ultium-powered EVs are designed for Level 2 and DC fast charging. Most will have 400-volt battery packs and up to 200 kW fast-charging capability while our truck platform will have 800-volt battery packs and 350 kW fast-charging capability
Old 03-06-2021, 12:14 AM   #88
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Old 03-06-2021, 01:10 AM   #89
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Not true.
GM is the leader here. Remember GM was the EV pioneer back in the mid 90s with their EV1. EV1 vehicle program was cancelled due to basically GM myopia in the late 90s. All Tesla did was get all GM's EV1 data, blueprints, etc., and improve some on what GM created and gave Tesla.

IMAGINE what would have happened had GM through utter gross Corporate incompetence, stupidity and myopia NOT scrapped their EV1 program:
1. We would have moved to EVs back in the 90s instead of now 30 years later.
2. Tesla probably never would have been created because GM would have done it all first.
3. GM would never had gone bankrupt and would be sitting very pretty right now raking in all the profits Tesla has made.
4. Of course Ford and Chrysler would have followed suite and be in far better shape also.

Talking about Ford don't know WHY they haven't brought back an EV version of their vaunted Thunderbird as yet???
The Thunderbird-E would be sweet!

GM’s new Ultium battery is superior to the Tesla battery.
Good stuff.
Tesla is also releasing a new structural battery pack that will use their new tables batteries. They're expecting a 25% increase in efficiency.
I'm rethinking my earlier position comparing EV specs. In the long haul it really doesn't matter which manufacturer has the best current specs because the technogy is moving so quickly. Honestly they're all pretty good and will continue to improve.
More manufacturers are building EV's and the additional competition is good, and also opens up the market to consumers of various income levels.
Elon has been generous in sharing tech with other manufacturers without fear of a lawsuit because it's part of his mission toove the EV industry forward. If the other manufacturers agree to do the same, the combined effort and resources would be another win.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:47 PM   #90
Zollner
BANNED

Tesla is about to unveil an updated Cybertruck, Elon Musk says
Quote:
The current Cybertruck model hardly resembles a traditional truck, with futuristic sharp angles that looks like something out of "Total Recall." Tesla said the base version of the Cybertruck starts at $39,900.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women