Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48456
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41675
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #76
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Paul is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Here is a great example of how presentation can overwhelm message - whatever the message may be.

Yes, I know the link is from the NY Times which some may automatically skip because of its liberal leanings, worth checking out though I think it makes a good point

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...river-city/?hp

It would be a great point to this thread if the lady in question had also been wearing a hooded sheet with holes cut out for her eyes!

As is AveryMoore could just as easily play the White album backwards and get her cues from that as to intent of the Rebel Flag Flaunter.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #77
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
.....I would like to take this opportunity to thank the northerners for bringing that Yankee money down here and making Atlanta a great city.
Wonder if that's the way most Atlantians felt on November 15, 1864?

Giz
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #78
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Wonder if that's the way most Atlantians felt on November 15, 1864?

Giz
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #79
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
I compare it to how northerners think us southerners aren't as smart as y'all.
I guess I blew any chance of coffee with you when I revealed I was a Yank by heritage.

[BTW, the broad sweeping statement you made about how northerners think is just as offensive as the broad sweeping statements made by northerners about southerners. Individuals cannot be stereotyped by the groups they are members of only by an accident of birth. ]
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #80
guest060911
Account Disabled

User ID: 31950

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryMoore View Post
So I know that's long-winded but I thought this would be a good place to ask. How do you all feel about the rebel flag?

Growing up as a Northerner, I knew the flag as a symbol for slavery. Perhaps I was misinformed, but that's what I thought it meant well into my twenties…actually until I read this entire thread yesterday. Yes, I’m not ashamed to admit when I’m ignorant on a topic. So when I went to college in the south, I was heartbroken by the flags I saw on a daily basis. I couldn't understand why a group of people would be so proud of slavery. (Again, I didn't know the flag simply stood for southern pride – good to know.)

Anyway, the flag on her Eros ad doesn't have to be a turnoff. I have had some great extended sessions with "redneck" clients whose politics aren’t necessarily the same as mine. If you are capable of spending quality time with someone who might not hold the same views on everything as you, then you can enjoy them for what you have in common and not your differences (easier said than done, of course). You'd be surprised at what you might have in common, when you look past the one thing you don't. It might be worth sharing several emails with him in order to get a sense of his personality and your compatibility (other than the fact that he spent time with a provider who has a flag on her ad). After all, it's YOU and HIM on a date together, not you and HER.

Good luck!
guest060911 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #81
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I guess I blew any chance of coffee with you when I revealed I was a Yank by heritage.

[BTW, the broad sweeping statement you made about how northerners think is just as offensive as the broad sweeping statements made by northerners about southerners. Individuals cannot be stereotyped by the groups they are members of only by an accident of birth. ]
I think we can get over our differences and still enjoy a cup of coffee.

I am sorry if I offended you. I know in my generation that throwing punches with the Yankee vs Southerner is all in jest. Now generations before us I imagine took it more seriously.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #82
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

I am a Civil War living historian (reenactor) and this topic on the rebel flag and other areas about the Civil War is brought up round the campfire after a long day of fighitng and showing the good folks what life what may have been like. We even hold discussions about the different point of views on the Civil War.

Thank you for such an interesting and civil discussion.
Grizzly is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #83
oden
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oenghus View Post
I am a Civil War living historian (reenactor) and this topic on the rebel flag and other areas about the Civil War is brought up round the campfire after a long day of fighitng and showing the good folks what life what may have been like. We even hold discussions about the different point of views on the Civil War.

Thank you for such an interesting and civil discussion.
A history question then for you sir, which flag covered Stonewall Jackson's casket?
oden is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #84
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

I am AA, and when I see someone displaying the flag whether it be in their window, as a bumper sticker, or that guy who flew it outside of his house on a flagpole. I don't go tisk tisk, shake my head, and chalk it up to them being a racist. I always loved history in school, and paid attention lol, so I know what it was originally meant to convey. The best way to show your southern pride now? IDK. To each his own.

However, regardless of that original meaning, the use of it by many hate groups makes it now synonymous to racism and hatred. The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.. Just as Nazis did to the swastika, which is an ancient symbol.. even older than the ankh. It wasn't until the 20th century that it meant anything but peace, goodness, and strength.

So whatever anyone's views, que sera sera. As long as they don't expose, or try to impose, their rubbish on me.
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #85
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden View Post
A history question then for you sir, which flag covered Stonewall Jackson's casket?
It was the Second National Flag of the Confederacy also know as the "Stainless Banner" in use from May 1863-May 1865. Its first official use was to cover Gen. Stonewall Jackson caskett.
Interestinly enough his body was wrapped in the confederate flag and born on a cassion to the Virginia Military Academy where he lied in state where a battery fired a salute from sunsrise to sunset. He than was taken to Lexiton Presbyterian Church and buried in the family plot. He eventually was disinterred and reburied under a monument dedicated to him in the center of the cemetary
Below is the flag that was on his casket:

The flag was a white background with a red square in the upper left corner with two light blue x's or better know as the Southern Cross with the stars representing the states in the confederacy. It was changed because the first flag was thought to look to much like the Union flag the Stars and Stripes.

There were 3 official flags of For the Confedrate States of America and one official flag know as the Battle Flag aka "Southern Cross"

Class dismissed.

Hope this answers ur question Oden
Old 07-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #86
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Well said Daphne
Old 07-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #87
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Symbols mean different things to different people...they are not "universally' anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
The display of the confederate flag may certainly be nothing more than the love and devotion to heritage and is not anti black/pro slavery...MERELY ANTI YANKEE..lol.

So is your argument that a symbol only means what the person displaying it wants it to mean? So it would be OK in your book for a provider to wrap her self in a Nazi flag with a swastika on it? That would carry no anti-semitic or fascist connotation?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #88
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
So is your argument that a symbol only means what the person displaying it wants it to mean? So it would be OK in your book for a provider to wrap her self in a Nazi flag with a swastika on it? That would carry no anti-semitic or fascist connotation?
A mighty lame attempt at justification for one's argument, coming from such an intelligent person!!

IMHO, of course....

Giz
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #89
AveryMoore
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 30810

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
And now the (il)logical assumption circle of life is complete. You assume that a rebel flag means she won't see blacks, you then won't see clients that see her assuming that they agree with your assumption of her and choose to see her regardless. Now some may not see you because you assume to much and some will. But my assumption is that most guys think with their weenie, not their moral code.

Question....even if your assumption is correct and I don't know that it is. How is it ok for you to pick and choose who to see based on assumption and not her without being speculated on? Don't get me wrong, I believe that any girl working in this industry can choose not to see anyone for any reason and not have to explain it to anyone.
I'm sorry WTF, all of what you just said went entirely over my head! I guess you are assuming that I turned down the potential client's request because of this other provider? (I didn't, nor did I say that I did anywhere in this thread.) Nor did I say I assumed she doesn't see black clients. What I said was that I'd guess the flag scared away any potential black clients, and anyone arguing otherwise is being silly. She herself must have thought of it and been okay with it, and I don't begrudge her or anyone choosing who they see. As I said earlier, if you know you have a problem with a person (for any reason) then it's better to be honest with them and not see them so you don't take their money and give them a shitty experience.

I don't understand your last question about it being okay for me to pick and choose when you follow that with a comment that you think all working girls are free to pick and choose. I'm at a loss as to who you think I wronged and how you think I wronged them. I get that you think I'm bigoted against those who embrace the rebel flag but beyond that....
AveryMoore is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #90
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
So is your argument that a symbol only means what the person displaying it wants it to mean?
No. My argument is exactly as I have articulated it. Believe me, better mouth pieces than you have tried that lame trick.

Quote:
So it would be OK in your book for a provider to wrap her self in a Nazi flag with a swastika on it? That would carry no anti-semitic or fascist connotation?
Is that a question? Looks more like a statement. But, in the interest of expiditing things...since you're apparently not very good at this...If a provider was to do such a thing, it would be my right to conclude what I want to conclude. But only a fool would think that such conclusion was the only conclusion possible. And if I really wanted to know, I'd ask her.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women