Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #76
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Gurney Halleck FTW...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #77
zme
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
Gurney Halleck FTW...
Oooh, I remember Gurney Halleck, master of the kinjal, teacher of the Kwisatz Haderach.
The one book series that I don't think there has ever been a satisfactory screen adaptation for.
zme is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #78
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Shai-hulud!

I actually have a lot of nostalgia for the old David Lynch version. I really liked the feel and ambiance of that one much more than the Sci-Fi miniseries (although Children of Dune was really good).
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #79
klutz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

I watch Firefly on repeat....
klutz is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #80
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

And we all know who played Gurney in the original film...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #81
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post

Shai-hulud!

I actually have a lot of nostalgia for the old David Lynch version. I really liked the feel and ambiance of that one much more than the Sci-Fi miniseries (although Children of Dune was really good).
Phucking Phenomenal!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #82
Raptorcg
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

^^ agreed
Raptorcg is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #83
Guest100613
Account Disabled

User ID: 155138
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
And we all know who played Gurney in the original film...
I see what you did there....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.5 KB, 57 views)
Guest100613 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #84
sexxytexxan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutz View Post
I watch Firefly on repeat....
As well you should

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCFE View Post
I see what you did there....
side note: that was the funniest part of that whole movie
sexxytexxan is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #85
BatteriesNotIncluded
Valued Poster

There appear to be sub classes of nerds? I'm a sci fi nerd and perked up with Dune. Just can't get into the superhero/spandex set... Though old supermen and recent batmen are cool...
BatteriesNotIncluded is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #86
Guest100613
Account Disabled

User ID: 155138
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded View Post
There appear to be sub classes of nerds? I'm a sci fi nerd and perked up with Dune. Just can't get into the superhero/spandex set... Though old supermen and recent batmen are cool...
I think we can co-exist. I span a wide range of geekdom, for example, but I can be elitist in my favored sectors. For example, although I was weaned on Marvel comics, I typically lean more towards Indy noir titles rather than supes. For example: Dawn, Sandman, Preacher, Hellblazer, and my newest panty-wetter, Locke & Key.

I'm a Dune fan, and enjoyed the first book, but although I purchased the whole series in a fit of pique, I got distracted by something shiny, and I think they got carted off to Half Price Books before I could devour them.

I watched the Star Trek cartoon when I was a kid, but have remained pure as the driven snow as far as the live action series goes.

I've played D&D, AD&D, LARP in three different settings, Shadowrun, Star Wars tabletop, but yet I CANNOT bring myself to fling myself into the Warhammer 40k vortex.

I'm all about PC/Mac gaming, but consoles lost their charm when the sprites went the way of the buffalo in exchange for three dimensional toons.

And the thought of meeting Helo and Caprica Six *seriously* makes me wet, but I could not care less about the actors from the original series.

I'll take my nerd lashes from a kneeling position, please.
Guest100613 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #87
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Holy Tebow! Beyond Star Wars and Star Trek I don't have a fucking clue about any of this shit. Oh and Batman.
I finally feel like one of the cool kids.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #88
zme
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 17

I used to be a huge fan of Marvel as well as DC comics as well as SciFi. I somewhat outgrew the comics but never outgrew SciFi (and never will). I have read every one of the Dune books cover to cover till the point where if I hear of one more Duncan Idaho clone I might shoot myself. Did not really like the way the the Kwisatz Haderachs legacy panned out but I probably can't say why in case someone here is also going to read all the way through to the end.
Even started on some the the Dune prequels written by Brian Herbert describing the mechs and early Butlerian Jihad but have not made my way through them. I have the audiobooks and dream of someday working my way through them.
Obviously went through the mandatory Star Trek phase and still like it. Don't know if it possible to outgrow that.

Personally I can't really say I liked the David Lynch version (except for the coolness of watching Sting of Feyd Rautha). I did not think it captured the sense of the spice intoxication and the development of the Kwisatz Haderach who sees all possible futures through the mountains and valleys of time.
And while I kind of liked the 3 part miniseries I did not like the fact that it was told from the perspective of princess Irulan when she and House Carino were somewhat incidental to the book. But I guess it was a useful storytelling device.
The challenge with showing Dune on a screen is that so much of the development of the story happens inside peoples heads and is not visual. It is really hard to figure out how to make that visual. Would take a genius of a director.
zme is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #89
Liliana Vess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168138

Pan-nerdism is all good. It is kinda funny how some nerds try to out-cool the others with various references and whatnot. I guess that happens in all subcultures...

Anyhow. I have determined that there shall be no more Star Wars movies. Instead, all past movies and future ones from books will be animated in the Gennedy Taratkovsky style from Clone Wars.

That would be so, so bad ass.
Liliana Vess is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #90
Liliana Vess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168138

Also - the Dune miniseries were beautiful and atmospheric.

I love David Lynch, but the film is just too 'hard' if you will. Not sure how else to say it...
Liliana Vess is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women