Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60160
gman4452959
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47654
pyramider46370
bambino40387
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35527
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #91
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
You say that a LOT of Christians take the Bible literally. I don't believe they do, at least not in the way the Muslims take the Koran literally.

There are passages in the Bible that say to kill the witches, kill the homosexuals, kill the fornicators (I especially don't like that one!). Moses even put people to death for not honoring the Sabath. All that draconian stuff is just ignored by even the most aggressive Bible thumpers.
Sadly, no. I have had the misfortune to work with and know too many who DO take every word litterally. Or at least the parts that feed whatever extremism they believe. I know pleanty who pray every day for the death of people who work in abortion clinics, and who think homosexuality should be a capital offense--along with blasphemy. Too many who want to establish a dry country, outlaw co-ed schools, and dances. NOT the majority, thank god.

Also, you make reference to Jones as an example of Christian extremism. I assume you're referring to the Jonestown mass suicide/massacre. Don't forget that Jim Jones was a communist and his little group of followers was more of a personality cult than a form of Christianity. You should watch the attached video. Completely agree with you here. Jones was NOT a Christian in anything other than his title. But that was exactly my point--someone who calls himself a Christian and does evil things should not put a black mark on all Christians. My same point with Hitler. Judge the individual, not the group they belong to. And ALL groups have some wacko sick people.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #92
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Joe: You say that a LOT of Christians take the Bible literally. I don't believe they do, at least not in the way the Muslims take the Koran literally.

Erm, yes they do mate! Loads of Christian nutters take the Bible as directly from G-d. Just go to any Southern state. And, some Catholics do as well.

*I'd say most evangelical Christians think the Bible is directly from G-d. His words and the lot. This is where religion becomes totally daft. Or, those mentalists that say they see Mary's face in a tortilla. Fucking hell--REALLY???
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #93
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I agree with you, OIld-T, but I would be lying if I said the increasing Muslim population doesn't have me worried.

There are Christian wackos, to be sure. However, not many of them run nations. I'm trying to be tolerant, and I want to be tolerant, but their increasing presence in western countries does make me a bit nervous.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #94
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I agree with you, OIld-T, but I would be lying if I said the increasing Muslim population doesn't have me worried.

There are Christian wackos, to be sure. However, not many of them run nations. I'm trying to be tolerant, and I want to be tolerant, but their increasing presence in western countries does make me a bit nervous.
I can't disagree with any of that.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #95
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaldevil View Post
Joe: You say that a LOT of Christians take the Bible literally. I don't believe they do, at least not in the way the Muslims take the Koran literally.

Erm, yes they do mate! Loads of Christian nutters take the Bible as directly from G-d. Just go to any Southern state. And, some Catholics do as well.

*I'd say most evangelical Christians think the Bible is directly from G-d. His words and the lot. This is where religion becomes totally daft. Or, those mentalists that say they see Mary's face in a tortilla. Fucking hell--REALLY???
Christians don't stone adulterers to death. They don't stone homosexuals to death. If Christians actually took the Bible to be the LITERAL word of god they would kill witches, gays and adulterers; they don't.

Muslims actually stone gays and adulterers to death, because that's what the Koran says to do and they take it LITERALLY.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #96
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Christians don't stone adulterers to death. They don't stone homosexuals to death. If Christians actually took the Bible to be the LITERAL word of god they would kill witches, gays and adulterers; they don't.

Muslims actually stone gays and adulterers to death, because that's what the Koran says to do and they take it LITERALLY.
Definition of CHRISTIANITY

: the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies

maybe christians arent christian after all
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #97
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

CuteOldGuy: I agree with you, OIld-T, but I would be lying if I said the increasing Muslim population doesn't have me worried.

***France tried dealing with their growing Islamic population in Marseilles about five or so years ago and that didn't end well.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #98
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
.Originally Posted by Old-T: "I often disagree with Stevie, but in this case he is quite accurate."

I B Hankering: No. Little Blind Boy is factually inaccurate - outright lying.
You are either the best satirical writer I have ever read—one specializing in self-satire—or you are truly a psychotic individual who can’t or won’t think, and who views everything through a veil of anger and hate. I really shouldn’t waste my time, but I’ll try and point out some basics that most 1st graders can comprehend. I understand that might be a stretch for you, but I’m hopeful.

However I'm tired of being nice to you, tired of making the assumption that subtilty might work. So here it is: you are the one outright lying. I will one by one list the 9 things Stevie or I listed and you back up your statement of admit you are a blow-hard bag of hot air (don't worry, you won't delusion me, I already know you are.)

Stevie mentioned the Crusades. Is this the fantasy you are referring to? Do you believe the Crusades did not exist?

The Inquisition. Do you deny this was a very dark time, or do you claim it didn’t happen. Which?

Nazi Germany? Again, I asked if you are a holocaust denier. Are you? Or just a Marge Schott who think Hitler was a pretty cool guy?

Salem Witch Trials? True event or fantasy?

Mountain Meadows Massacre? Truth or fiction?

The Gulags?

Pol Pot’s ethnic cleansing?

The Cultural Reformation & Great Leap Forward?

Valentine’s Day massacre?

That’s 9 historic events that you refer to as “factually inaccurate - outright lying”. OK loud mouth blowhard, tell me explicitly which of these 9 events did not really happen? Which of these 9 events do you think were not atrocities? Which of the 9 do you think were Muslim inspired?

I’m guessing you will be 0 for 27 (that’s 0 for 9 on each of three questions in case you can’t find your four-function calculator).

You are a buffoon. Yes, I’m talking down to you, as you have worked hard to deserve it. And yes, that is directed at YOU individually. Others can actually bring up some cogent points of view whether I agree with them or not, but you are not one of them.

I suspect this—assuming your attention span is long enough to read all of it—will result in at least three or four of your clever, insightful “Blow it out your liberal, Kool Aid drinking ass!” That's what I (and others) generally expect of you and you rarely let us down. The really neat thing about it is you use it with absolutely no guily! Does it fit the topic? Why would you care about that? Is the target of your sophomoric insult actually a "liberal"? You don't care because you know Atilla and Adolph are both liberals when compaired to you--so your targer must be. I actually find myself guessing how early in your post you will toss it in whether it exists or not. You are so predictable, and the sad part is you probably read your own posts and think they are humerous and witty. Sorry to inform you but only you think that.

Have you trademarked it? You probably should consider doing so. You say it with such sincerity and conviction.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #99
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

Muslims actually stone gays and adulterers to death. Because that's what the Koran says to do.

Christians take the bible literally, in context, however, and with an understanding of dispensation.

old testament verses that speak of God commanding the israelites to do this or to not have any thing to do with the ammonites or other peoples of the promised land are seen as commandments for that time and for a certain reason.

namely to establish the isrealites in the promised land and to keep a set of people pure with the knowledge of God. these verses are seen as meant to not have them intermarry with people who lived by idols and had other beliefs so that the knowledge of God and his promise would have a place in this world. the isrealites were to remain separate to keep alive the knowledge of God so that a time would be ripe for the appearance of Jesus. the prescriptions of those times were for those times alone, until the promise of God would appear.

those verses are not meant for Christians, and for life and for love. they were meant for a time and are seen as literal but not applicable and are even whatever is the opposite of applicable.

Dispensation (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity
a. the ordering of life and events by God
b. a divine decree affecting an individual or group
c. a religious system or code of prescriptions for life and conduct regarded as of divine origin
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #100
joe bloe
Valued Poster

I'm afraid you know a lot more about the Bible than me. Your position sounds pretty convincing.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #101
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Nervergaveitathought: the isrealites were to remain separate to keep alive the knowledge of God so that a time would be ripe for the appearance of Jesus. the prescriptions of those times were for those times alone, until the promise of God would appear.

*Obviously, I disagree. But, then again I would--wouldn't I. This statement has been problematic in Jewish v Xtian relations for centuries.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #102
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nervergaveitathought: the isrealites were to remain separate to keep alive the knowledge of God so that a time would be ripe for the appearance of Jesus. the prescriptions of those times were for those times alone, until the promise of God would appear.

*Obviously, I disagree. But, then again I would--wouldn't I. This statement has been problematic in Jewish v Xtian relations for centuries.
But aren't the Jews still waiting for the Messiah?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #103
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

this statement hasnt been problematic....the Jews dont stone anymore either. my statement is meant to inform why Christians, while taking the Bible literally, dont apply stoning verses from the old testament while at the same time still take the Bible literally. in fact Jesus sent away the stoners of the woman caught in adultery, thats what Christians accept

oh you are referring to Jesus as the Messiah. well the Jews (some) do still wait for a Messiah and they do see themselves as the keeper of the knowledge of God.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #104
Mr E
Gaining Momentum

--<As Lord Mr E comes into view the following chant can be heard.>
--"All hail our Lord Mr E. All hail, the lord is here to enlighten us"

Jumpen G Hose E Fats you people are giving me a headache.

Religious wars have been going on for centuries and it seems will continue for a period of time. (edit(I won't mention how long because I want it to be a surprise ending))

It does not matter what religion/politics/race/or core value you talk about. It is always the radical nuts that have no tolerance of people that do not believe as the nuts do. In case you forgot or choose to ignore this fact, nuts are on either side of the parties/issues involved. When those nuts go beyond spouting filth and start getting physical in harming others is when things go from bad to much worse. Its bad enough when you call people names and talk in hateful mean ways about the others. Then you throw in revenge because we were attacked and we need to settle the score. Before you know it you end up with population culling.

Please remember I have decreed the following; "You are to go forth and do no harm to others." And while your doing that, try to be nice boys and girls.

++++++ a short time later+++++
You know as I sit here thinking of the nonsense that goes on in the world in which you sit the more I am thinking I am growing tired of the pettiness:
the you have to be like me- but I don't wanna be like you, you have to be like me;
the I want what you have and I am going to take it- no you can't have any of mine and now I am going to take your stuff;
the we/I am going to rule the world maniacs.

I just might have to do some culling of my own and start over. [Now where did those space creatures fly off to?]

You know what gets me is the folks that wash their feet before worshiping me, I only had them do that so they would wash their hands first. I hated giving them a high ten when they actually started to worship me five times a day.
Mr E is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #105
joe bloe
Valued Poster

WTF?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women