Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
test
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162638
Yssup Rider60404
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48452
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41651
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #91
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
I have no argument with that statement.

This is the classic example of what I talked about before, as far as Cowboy fans being frustrated. The first half Romo looked as good as any qb in the league, and the rest of the team was just as good. The Lions didn't even look like they belonged on the field with them.
In this case you can put almost, if not all of it on Romos back.
He handed them 21 points . The defense still played pretty well, but from what I saw the boys are never going to be any more than they are right now unless something changes. (at the very least a new qb)
I'll still root for them, but I don't have much confidence in them.
Detroit isn't as good as I thought they were, but they damn sure find a way to win.
I agree with all of your analysis, except for the quarterback change right now. I too was not impressed with Detroit. And you are right this Cowboys loss belongs squarely on the back of Tony Romo. But who would you replace Romo with? I don't think Stephen McGee is ready to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. And Jon Kitna is a good back up quarterback, but does not possess the arm strength to make the deep throws down field on a consistent basis. Romo, IMO, still gives the Cowboys the best chance to win right now. If after the bye week, when Romo and the rest of the Cowboys heal up from injuries (and I'm not trying to make excuses for Romo), and Romo does not turn things around in a few weeks and start producing on a consistent basis, then it is quite possible that Romo could be benched and traded away for draft picks next year. The Cowboys would then be forced to see exactly what they have in McGee. And I am not too optimist about that. Garrett would then complete the youth movement and the Cowboys would be in a rebuilding phase for the next few years. But not so fast here. I think it is too early in the season to make such a drastic change.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #92
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

It became clear , at least in my mind that they can't be a serious contender with Romo when I watched him give that game away. That being said, why not play a young back up and see what he's made of. Sit Romo on the bench or cut him. A few years ago Romo only seemed to choke in playoff games, but now it seems that he is likely to choke any time pressure is put on him.
He probably does give the Cowboys there best chance of winning this season, and if you're happy with just making the playoffs and going home early, then keep him.
I have defended Romo as much as anyone, but he took me over the edge watching that yesterday.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #93
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
I have no argument with that statement.

This is the classic example of what I talked about before, as far as Cowboy fans being frustrated. The first half Romo looked as good as any qb in the league, and the rest of the team was just as good. The Lions didn't even look like they belonged on the field with them.
In this case you can put almost, if not all of it on Romos back.
He handed them 21 points . The defense still played pretty well, but from what I saw the boys are never going to be any more than they are right now unless something changes. (at the very least a new qb)
I'll still root for them, but I don't have much confidence in them.
Detroit isn't as good as I thought they were, but they damn sure find a way to win.
It goes back to my original statement. The Cowboys HAVE talent, no doubt. What they don't have is a disclipine to win at crunch time consistently. Romo is a coin flip as to whether he'll be a hero or goat. Great teams have consistent leadership. And the coaching? I don't even have time for this subject right now. In the post game interview Romo says he just wishes he could have thrown that last pass further. Really Tony ? Further would have been better? That would have been the solution? How about you don't throw that pass at all? How about you throw it out of bounds and live to play another day? Are the coaches having discussion with Romo about that thinking? I doubt it

Then there is Felix Jones running out of bounds on 4th and 20 after an 8 yard gain to save the clock. This guy didn't even know the situation and he gets paid millions (the potential here for Arkansas jokes is mind boggling).

This is the kind of shit that doesn't happen to teams that win consistently. Why? Because they practice it is so much it can't happen. The work/practice ethic of this team is seriously lacking. That's why I bet against them and will continue to do so.

Capitan is dead on. Jerry Jones (insert more Arkansas jokes) is THE problem. He desperately wants to control this team for his ego. So much so, he will only hire coaches that he can control. IF Jimmy Johnson were still in control of this team and the personnel decisions, they would have so many Lombardi trophies you'd have to take your shoes off to count them. However, until that happens the Cowboy fans will be united only by their collective angst and thoughts of what could have been.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #94
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

These are my thoughts exactly. I still like to see them win but when they lose by stupidity I get to enjoy it too as Jerry gets to wipe the egg from his face.

As for them getting healthy after the bye week but this is going to be like the French bicycle club go to a Hell's Angels club house. They get to make a long trip to play in a hostile environment against the best coached team in the league. I know the Pats lost to Buffalo as Brady did something he never does (4 interceptions) but I doubt anybody wants to place any provider bets on the outcome of this one?
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #95
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Capitan. The Patriots are not invincible. They can be beat as the Bills have shown. And even a great quarterback like Brady can pull a Romo every now and then. It will be difficult for the Cowboys to beat NE. But this game will show whether or not the Cowboys have the character to come back and win after what happened against the Lions. Don't count the Cowboys out of this game.

Capitan and RJ. We all know that Jerry Jones is the reason why the Cowboys have not been to the Super Bowl in over 15 years. But unfortunately, there is no way to fire the owner. I wish there was. The Cowboys have to find a way to win in spite of Jerry Jones.

Mr. Smith. It might come to the point where the Cowboys will have to bench Romo and play McGee. But let's give it several more weeks to see if Romo can get his act together first. And I would not cut Romo. I would trade him if it comes down to this. There are at least several teams that would love to have Romo as their quarterback. I think we could get a few early round draft choices for him. Then the Cowboys could draft a good young quarterback next year and let him compete against McGee for the starting job.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #96
capitan1962
Premium Access

You are right the Pats can be beat, however by the Cowboys in Foxboro? I think you would have better luck sending Calallen, HS up there to play them.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #97
Guest110213
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

So after watching MNF and witnessing the Lions roar again, I'm afraid the cowboys will not catch up the Lions!
I know JR is smiling sonewhere!
Guest110213 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #98
capitan1962
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtrSkr View Post
So after watching MNF and witnessing the Lions roar again, I'm afraid the cowboys will not catch up the Lions!
I know JR is smiling sonewhere!
Detroit is 5-0, who would have ever thought that? The Cowboys don't have much of a chance catching Detroit this year.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #99
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitan1962 View Post
Detroit is 5-0, who would have ever thought that? The Cowboys don't have much of a chance catching Detroit this year.
I thought of it. I have the Lions at 7-1 prior to their bye week.

As far as the Cowboys catching the Lions, they'll probably not catch them in the W-L column. However,I have a concern the Cowboys could win their division with a 9-7 record while an 11-5 Lions could be a wild card to the 13-3 Packers (the best team in football right now). If that happens, I'm screwed on my bets.
The Eagles are f'in up my plans. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #100
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post

As far as the Cowboys catching the Lions, they'll probably not catch them in the W-L column. However,I have a concern the Cowboys could win their division with a 9-7 record while an 11-5 Lions could be a wild card to the 13-3 Packers (the best team in football right now). If that happens, I'm screwed on my bets.
You are dead on with this rj. From my side I'm hoping the Boys manage to hit 9-7, and then manage to win a playoff game.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #101
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:

LOL. Yeah, like I said that could be a real possibly. Dallas could win the NFC East with a 10-6 or maybe even a 9-7 record. But all things said, I would rather be in your shoes right now with the 5-0 record. But at least I got you thinking about how things could turn out.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #102
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Who knew the Eagles would suck this bad?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #103
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
Who knew the Eagles would suck this bad?
Yeah, they do suck right now. But they could still come back and win the NFC East. Not real likely right now but still possible. Any one of the 4 teams in that division could win it IMO. And I like the Cowboys chances of winning that division. I think they match up favorably against all of the teams in their division. And because the teams in that division are more evenly matched than most other divisions, all it could take would be a 9-7 record to win that division. We will see. There is still a lot of football to be played yet.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #104
El Guapo77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Romo=BLS IMO..nuff said
El Guapo77 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #105
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Default Should The Cowboys Try To Move Up In Next Year's Draft For Andrew Luck

Since so many on this board want Romo replaced, let's consider one of the options for doing this. Andrew Luck, the QB from Stanford, is considered by a lot of scouts as the surest bet at QB since Peyton Manning. He undoubtedly will be the first player chosen in next year's draft. Should the Cowboys try to move up in next year's draft to get him? For starters, they would have to give up their own first round draft pick, Romo and at least one more of their own starters, probably someone like Ratliff or maybe even Ware. A bidding war could ensue for the right to draft Luck, which would jack the price up even higher. Should the Cowboys try to make this move and what would you be willing to give up for this move?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women