Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453029
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47750
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #91
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Accounting tricks suck.

Welfare spending in the military is no different than welfare spending in the public sector. They are both spending OUR taxes. Draping one in the flag does not make it any more right than draping one in the name of charity.
I agree with you on those points.

I am a libertarian who believes that the military budget contains a lot of waste and pork. One of my best friends from high school spent 20 years in the Navy and Naval Reserves. He is a strong conservative (the old-fashioned kind) who believes in defending America as much as anyone I know. But he says that much of the stuff desired by the Pentagon was designed to fight the Soviet Union! He explained how pieces of many projects are spread across dozens and dozens of congressional districts, and representatives from just about everywhere (and armies of lobbyists!) all feed at the trough. He feels that if we did it the right way, we could reduce the defense budget by at least 25% without compromising capability and readiness.

But everything I've seen (both here and in the HPF) suggests that you have little objection to big spending in other areas. Do you believe that passing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was a wise decision? If not, is that because it was too small, too large, or just poorly designed?
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #92
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Accounting trick

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm
The government practice of combining trust and federal funds began during the Vietnam War, thus making the human needs portion of the budget seem larger and the military portion smaller.
Yep, that's a sneaky trick. It occured about the same time as it was determined that Fed Gov borrowings from the trust fund were not to be counted as part of the defict. That's kind of like, if you are not going to count the debt (that is real debt to the trust fund) as borrowings, then we are going to require the reporting of the benefits as part of the Fed budget. Those sneaky accounting people. You wanted your cake and to eat it too.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #93
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Ok here goes, so RK don't get his panties in a wad.
I guess I just won my bet. Sadly, know one wanted the other side of the bet.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #94
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Is 10 minutes time enough?
I dunno. Did you wear out both wrists the last time?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #95
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100407/...ge/us_no_taxes
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #96
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Ok here goes, so RK don't get his panties in a wad.

PJ could you post what China's growth is over the last eight years. . .

Shall we assume their economic model ?
Its 9.5% -- a little less than Afghanistan and Kazakhstan. But then again, when you have such a low per capita GDP like China, its a lot easier to grow fast. Fast growth when you are 25% of the World's economy is a bit tougher. And just for the record, China adopted most of our economic model, not the other way around.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #97
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

I didnt realize there were that many rich people not paying their fair share.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #98
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
I didnt realize there were that many rich people not paying their fair share.
There you have it, P.J.

That's where all those rich tax-avoiders are hiding.

But the prez knows how to make 'em pony up. If it's too impolitic to hit 'em with an old-fashioned income tax, just smoke 'em out of their caves with a VAT!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #99
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

But everything I've seen (both here and in the HPF) suggests that you have little objection to big spending in other areas. Do you believe that passing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was a wise decision? If not, is that because it was too small, too large, or just poorly designed?
I do not care for either. Butttttttttttttt we have two choices as far as voting goes. Given that none of the above is an option , I vote on spending on our poor citizens rather than military. We spend more than the rest of the world combined in Defense. Were we to spend more than the rest of the world combined on education and health care I would probably vote the other way.

I might even join you right wing nuts for Tea! LOL
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #100
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Yep, that's a sneaky trick. It occured about the same time as it was determined that Fed Gov borrowings from the trust fund were not to be counted as part of the defict. That's kind of like, if you are not going to count the debt (that is real debt to the trust fund) as borrowings, then we are going to require the reporting of the benefits as part of the Fed budget. Those sneaky accounting people. You wanted your cake and to eat it too.
You do understand that those sneaky Defense spenders took all that surplus from those trust funds and bought guns and things. Those social programs are fully funded if the Defense Department would pay off their IOU's.

Talk about eating all the God Damn cake....................and then bitching about having no desert. That is a Tea Party thingy. It is why I have a few problems with those fellers.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #101
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Given that none of the above is an option...
Yes, but voting Libertarian is an option! (Not that those guys are ever going to win more than a fraction of 1% of the vote, but at least you can register your dissatisfaction with our two dysfunctional major parties.)

By the way, WTF, didn't you say last year that you actually supported Ron Paul before getting intoxicated on all that Obama Kool-Aid?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #102
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I guess I just won my bet. Sadly, know one wanted the other side of the bet.
Well I could do as PJ did and argue that a mature economy will not grow as fast as a younger one.

We are much younger than the EU nations he referenced. China in the grand scheme of things just joined the party. He picks a time when we are insulated from half the world population as far as competition goes and we had bombed the fuc out of the other half. The half he chose.

What about Japan , PJ.

Ya'll do understand that we are saddled with this Defense spending that other countries do not have to tax for. Though that does give us , at least for awhile the rights to print money.

Looking foreward is much harder than looking backward. Like PJ said China looks pretty good even if PJ thinks they copied us....he fails to mentuion that they copied the good things and not the not so good things....like real Democracy.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #103
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Yes, but voting Libertarian is an option! (Not that those guys are ever going to win more than a fraction of 1% of the vote, but at least you can register your dissatisfaction with our two dysfunctional major parties.)

By the way, WTF, didn't you say last year that you actually supported Ron Paul before getting intoxicated on all that Obama Kool-Aid?
I said I voted for Ron Paul....so yes I pulled my SUV right in the middle of all those Bentley's and voted in the GOP primary. Voted for Obama over McCain. Would do the same again. Palin was a stupid pick.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #104
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

The flip side to that is that they payed a shit load in state and local taxes. It is called a regressive and progressive tax system.

To just mention one is not playing fair.

Damn, you righties are out in force today. Is there a Tea Party on Eccie today that I didn't read about!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #105
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I dunno. Did you wear out both wrists the last time?
LOL, I've never needed two hands!
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women