Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70467
biomed160985
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #91
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
So you have no problem with capital moving freely across borders but labor is another story
Capital does not move freely. It is regulated and controlled. Labor is too...just not enforced.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #92
seachef
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 16

It's been my experience that first generation immigrants from anywhere work their asses off. I don't pay less for Mexicans, I just get more work for my money. The money withheld for their certainly fraudulent SS numbers will go into the general kitty.
It's fun to hear my homeboy cooks swear in Spanish.
seachef is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #93
Frank Zappatista
Registered Member

Here's the real answer: The bit from you which I have bolded/italicized/colored is the key. Don't want illegal labor coming into the country? Don't hire them. Know somebody who is hiring them? Out them, immediately.

Personally, I like to call folks to the carpet who cry about undocumented laborers toiling away at the worst of our jobs for the shittiest of pay, and I do it by reminding them that without a need, there would have been no influx.

Slice it any way you please.

And lastly, I think immigrants should be welcomed. We need all the hardworking folks we can get. We also need our production base returned to US soil. And that, my friends--the loss of our production work--is a greater threat to our society than any number of illegal Mexicans. Undocumented Hispanic labor is largely a scapegoat. Corporatism fucked the US populace out of a living, not illegal workers.

Now, folks who come here and turn to lives of felonious criminal activity should be given the boot. A good thing that would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69er View Post
To me... this is the real question. Does illegal labor really reduce the "Total Cost" to me of the services?

For example, if we have an illegal family, and they are mowing my lawn, Then I am saving perhaps $5 a week. Yet they may not be paying taxes, as it is a self run business. They also show up at the local hospital and get free medical care on an emergency basis... of course it's not really free, as it increases the costs the rest of us pay for medical care.

Also consider the unemployment we are paying US citizens, as they cannot obtain employment due to artifically lowered wages due to competition with the illegal aliens.

So, when you factor in the cost of the taxes that many illegals don't pay, and the services they consume, and the services we pay citizens due to unemployment, it may be better for us to pay more upfront for our services by employing US citizens at a higher wage. It is possible that it could still be a net lower cost for us.

Has anyone ever seen a decent example of such a study? I'd be really interested in how this truly works out. My guess is that it might be pretty close. Even if it were a slightly net negative cost, I would be for it, just from the standpoint of supporting my fellow citizens.
Frank Zappatista is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #94
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappatista View Post

And lastly, I think immigrants should be welcomed. We need all the hardworking folks we can get. We also need our production base returned to US soil. And that, my friends--the loss of our production work--is a greater threat to our society than any number of illegal Mexicans. Undocumented Hispanic labor is largely a scapegoat. Corporatism fucked the US populace out of a living, not illegal workers.

Now, folks who come here and turn to lives of felonious criminal activity should be given the boot. A good thing that would be.
About the most truthful thing I've read lately. The blue collar industries that built America in the fifties have all but disappeared thanks to corporate greed sending labor overseas, corrupt unions, and quite frankly a loss of work ethic. Shit, even Mexico is losing production to overseas. We're a glutinous nation looking for anyone to blame.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #95
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Some like to blame the corporations for greed, but there is a lot more to it than that. For instance if our politicians didn't want to see the corporations move operations overseas, they wouldn't raise corporate taxes or regulate them out of existence. Lets go a step further; we don't like to see our domestic companies going to foreign investors, but the govt created CFIUS to facilitate those sells.

As we become a debtor nation with foreign investors holding our debt, selling domestic companies as a means of "pay back" may seem plausable to the politicians who live comfortably off of the tax payer. Most politicians live in a bubble created by their entitlement and they have foresaken the working class. When's the last time any of you haven't said to yourselves that they politicians "aren't listening, or have lost site of their constituencies?" Even GW said he lost site of his free market principles when signing TARP.

I'm suprised to see the BO crowd still hang on to their "mesiah" when he's not allowing the greedy corporations to fall when they have clearly failed by clinging to the "to big to fail" montra. What happened to the liberal hatred of big corporations and monoplies? Does having a liberal administration change the liberal ideology?
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #96
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
What happened to the liberal hatred of big corporations and monoplies? Does having a liberal administration change the liberal ideology?
PJ (yeah, PJ) said it well in some other thread on what was probably a completely different topic. Left, right, middle, it doesn't matter: Having to govern always changes things.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #97
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default We bailed out Capitalism and nobody seems to have noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Capital does not move freely. It is regulated and controlled. Labor is too...just not enforced.
LOL.....You will not get an arguement out of me that we have to many stupid regulations. But NAFTA open up trade but not labor movement. The problem is with to big to fail and its corresponding political influence. Both parties are guilty of it. .

Now lets comment on that study you were asking about. Cato is no liberal institute nor is the Texas Comptroller. Should we build a fence and no longer trade with others? If not...let me hire who I please, including my brothers and sisters to the south.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #98
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
...Should we build a fence and no longer trade with others? ...
Does a fence mean we can't trade anymore? Oh my!!! A fence is a trade barrier... Not!!!
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #99
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Bad Bad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bad Bad America.jpg (69.8 KB, 112 views)
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #100
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
Does a fence mean we can't trade anymore? Oh my!!! A fence is a trade barrier... Not!!!

I said AND.....meaning build a fence AND also shut down trade.

I did not mean to imply that building a fence would shut down trade.

But I did mean to imply that let's do both OR none.

Riddle me this....Why the fuc should capital get to move across border more freely than labor?

The problem as I see it is the Welfare State, not immigration. I have linked you studies where immigrants are a net plus to our $$$$. What more do you want?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #101
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

WTF, what's up with the large font? I don't think there is anybody around here that has a problem seeing. Or are you yelling to help get your point across? I promise you that it won't help.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #102
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
WTF, what's up with the large font? I don't think there is anybody around here that has a problem seeing. Or are you yelling to help get your point across? I promise you that it won't help.
Maybe you should get a larger monitor. Attacking a man's font seems rather diversiva.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #103
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Maybe you should get a larger monitor. Attacking a man's font seems rather diversiva.
And there is no need for you to worry about what I say to WTF.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #104
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
And there is no need for you to worry about what I say to WTF.
Public forum Ma'am. I may worry to my hearts content. Seriously, picking on fonts because you disagree with someone is rather petty. Rise above.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #105
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Bad Bad

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women