Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #121
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Spent the last two days with insurance companies going over the highlights of Obamacare. Oddly enough, they have already accepted their fate and are preparing for about 50% layoffs in the healthcare insurance from 2014 to 2017.

Two odd things were pointed out.
First, if you have private insurance and your company discontinues it, you are required by law to join the government insurance. Once you join government insurance, you are legally bound there until you die. Even if you win the lottery, you cannot buy private insurance. If you change jobs and your new employer has private insurance, you cannot be covered by that. That was scary.

The second thing was amusing and sad at the same time. It was pointed out that if you are a citizen of the United States, you will be required to show proof of health insurance when interacting with most governmental agencies, including the IRS. (Although the rules haven't been completely written, it is assumed your health insurance information will be gathered by the IRS.) However, the government cannot make you prove you are a citizen. So if you are illegal, you are not required to prove you have health insurance.

Other than that, estimates are that Obamacare will cost 40% more than private insurance in 2014 and will likely increase at a faster rate than private insurance as baby boomers die.

I can't wait to get my free insurance!!!!
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #122
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3122 View Post
Spent the last two days with insurance companies going over the highlights of Obamacare. Oddly enough, they have already accepted their fate and are preparing for about 50% layoffs in the healthcare insurance from 2014 to 2017.

Two odd things were pointed out.
First, if you have private insurance and your company discontinues it, you are required by law to join the government insurance. Once you join government insurance, you are legally bound there until you die. Even if you win the lottery, you cannot buy private insurance. If you change jobs and your new employer has private insurance, you cannot be covered by that. That was scary.

The second thing was amusing and sad at the same time. It was pointed out that if you are a citizen of the United States, you will be required to show proof of health insurance when interacting with most governmental agencies, including the IRS. (Although the rules haven't been completely written, it is assumed your health insurance information will be gathered by the IRS.) However, the government cannot make you prove you are a citizen. So if you are illegal, you are not required to prove you have health insurance.

Other than that, estimates are that Obamacare will cost 40% more than private insurance in 2014 and will likely increase at a faster rate than private insurance as baby boomers die.

I can't wait to get my free insurance!!!!
Isn't this a spam e-mail.

Or did you post this same shit a while back?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #123
blue3122
Valued Poster

No. This just came out of the quarterly update meetings we attend with insurance companies. You are free to research this on your own.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #124
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
No. This just came out of the quarterly update meetings we attend with insurance companies. You are free to research this on your own.
So completely unbiased.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #125
blue3122
Valued Poster

I never said it wasn't biased. I was just reporting that insurance companies are preparing for a lot of layoffs and have resigned that this law will not be overturned.
The other information is research on the new law that companies like mine pay for so we can prepare for what is coming. That is not biased. It is just plainly what is in the law which very few people understand.

I would be willing to wager that if you ask the first 100 people you meet if they join the government plan, then it will become illegal for them to ever get private insurance, even through a company, they would not know that. But it should be known by everyone. It is going to have some dramatic effects on how people choose employment and location of companies. Also, do we really want Big Brother further up our butts?

The effect with our alliance of companies is that we are searching where to move 1000 jobs from the midwest to other countries. This bill is going to be stealth job killer.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #126
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default Mandates mean different things to Teapublicans.

They want their cake and want to eat it, too!

The Teapublicans are trying to MANDATE that consumers pay for health care in many states. The required procedures are called ultrasounds and they (or more invasive procedures) are REQUIRED BEFORE undergoing an abortion even if a fetus has a fatal defect or may be stillborn.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #127
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
So completely unbiased.
Lmao...and also false.
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #128
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I never said it wasn't biased. I was just reporting that insurance companies are preparing for a lot of layoffs and have resigned that this law will not be overturned.
The other information is research on the new law that companies like mine pay for so we can prepare for what is coming. That is not biased. It is just plainly what is in the law which very few people understand.

I would be willing to wager that if you ask the first 100 people you meet if they join the government plan, then it will become illegal for them to ever get private insurance, even through a company, they would not know that. But it should be known by everyone. It is going to have some dramatic effects on how people choose employment and location of companies. Also, do we really want Big Brother further up our butts?

The effect with our alliance of companies is that we are searching where to move 1000 jobs from the midwest to other countries. This bill is going to be stealth job killer.

so insurance companies plan to lay off hunderds of people because Obamacare makes people buy countless new policies ... not counting the fact that people with existing policies wont have to change their policy or company ...

right wing logic at its best

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...e-falls-short/

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Next Contestant!
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #129
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Is it because they are going to be required to spend money on actual health care costs instead of say advertising?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #130
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
They want their cake and want to eat it, too!

The Teapublicans are trying to MANDATE that consumers pay for health care in many states. The required procedures are called ultrasounds and they (or more invasive procedures) are REQUIRED BEFORE undergoing an abortion even if a fetus has a fatal defect or may be stillborn.
Please do not confuse them with the facts....besides not everyone has to get an abortion is their new reasoning. They don'y want you mandating to all, just the people they do not care for.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #131
Submodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Are they also preparing for lots of cuts in executive compensation?
Submodo is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #132
blue3122
Valued Poster

We buy research from consulting firms. Probably every company with over 500 employees does. The firms work with people in insurance, government bureaucrats, politicians, economists, etc... to formulate parameters and estimates of what legislation that has passed but hasn't been implemented will do.

The insurance companies don't really seem to care because in the transition phase, which is expected to be 3 to 6 years, they expect their profits to double or triple. This will be due to the large jump in premiums.
Also, the government will employ three times the number of employees to do the same work as the private sector. (keep in mind that government employees will not be using the same government insurance as everyone else. They have a separate insurance plan.)
No one here seems to care that if your company drops health care, you will be forced into the government plan and will never be able to get out of it.
Due to the penalties and incentives, a lot of companies will be dropping private insurance. I doubt any small business will be able to consider private insurance.

Also, no one was evidently able to see the irony in not being able to ask if you are a citizen but being able to require all citizens to show proof of health insurance.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #133
blue3122
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Is it because they are going to be required to spend money on actual health care costs instead of say advertising?
Exactly wrong. They are spending more money on bureaucracy, not health care. They will be cutting payments to health care providers, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals. Expect most hospitals under 200 beds to close. Expect shortages of medical professionals by 2020. In some specialties, those shortages will show up by 2018.

cheers!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #134
Submodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
They will be cutting payments to health care providers, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals. Expect most hospitals under 200 beds to close. Expect shortages of medical professionals by 2020. In some specialties, those shortages will show up by 2018. cheers!
In other words, the same thing that's been going on for the last 30 years?
Submodo is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #135
blue3122
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post
In other words, the same thing that's been going on for the last 30 years?
Not exactly. The difference is that prior to this bill, doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals negotiated with insurance companies and then had the choice to opt in or opt out of that coverage. Under the legislation as written, bureaucrats will decide what payment levels go to doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals. And it will not be level. For instance, Parkland may get $300 for a certain procedure and Presbyterian gets $350 for the same procedure. Why? Because a bureaucrat determined it. One thing that hasn't been determined yet is if doctors can opt out of the government plan as they can currently do with Medicare/Medicaid. (i.e. will they face the same mandate as individuals.).
The chilling effect will be on drug research also. With limited (no) upside, drug companies will drop most experimental research.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women