Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161034
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #121
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
It's those of you who are making the claim that the drunk was not a threat and should not have been shot. The homeowner had no idea this was a drunk at the wrong house. What he did know was his home was being invaded in the middle of the night. Any reasonable person would assume that he was in danger.
Budman ... don't count me in "those of you" .... read my posts.

Don't kick my door!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #122
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Under the fairly recently passed "Castle Law" in Texas, I would think that no charges would have been filed against the shooter. In another state where the "Castle Law" does not exist, he would probably have been arrested.

Comments?

FWIW, the "Castle Law" is one of the gun laws with which I disagree. My opinion is that if you are going to try to take someone else's life, your life should be threatened. And in this case the homeowner's life was not threatened.
"Graduated from Syracuse U. and went on the get an MBA."

You should stick to business administration ....

.... and avoid "the law" and "self-defense" discussions.

You are now living in Texas. You might want to keep "your New York law" to yourself.

Just 4,000 sq. ft.? That's only a double wide.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #123
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

You are now living in Texas. You might want to keep "your New York law" to yourself.

I have been telling you guys for months that LL was arrogant, obnoxious and condescending.

Do you believe me now?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #124
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Yup. And the other worst case scenario is that if you make the wrong decision, someone else is dead.

I get the scenario. And if it were as simple as "everyone who bangs in your door at 2AM is going to kill you if you don't kill them first", there'd be no issue whatsoever. Unfortunately, life ain't that simple.

Though for some people, it apparently is. Simple.
Hey dumb ass. He didn't bang on his door. He kicked it the fuck in. Big difference. Hell, in a few more post you will have the drunk selling bibles door to door at noon and the evil homeowner shot him for disturbing his nap. You are a fucking idiot.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #125
DEPmic05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Are you kidding me!? If someone breaks down the door, they are already committing an aggressive act! You have no idea if he is armed, how many others are with him or if you can match him in a fight. When do you feel in fear for your life? When he has you pinned to the ground, a knife to your throat? Too late by then! This homeowner had a weapon in his hand and someone he didn't know was breaking into his house with unknown intentions. The only way he could be certain about those intentions was to give up his weapon and if the intruder intended to harm him, then he would have lost the one advantage he had to keep himself and his family safe.

It's unfortunate this guy was drunk and stupid, one reason to have someone looking out for you when you drink. But the homeowner was not at fault for defending his home. There are a lot of crazy people out there who will hurt you if they get the chance.

By the way...in the last year, wasn't there a story about a mother of two shooting one of two men trying to break into her home? The other guy ran away. Both her daughters were with her in the home. I'm glad she had the ability to defend herself!
DEPmic05 is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #126
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-to-blaze?lite

Mr. Syracuse MBA, here's some of your New Yorkers at work!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #127
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I have been telling you guys for months that LL was arrogant, obnoxious and condescending.

Do you believe me now?
You've been saying that crap for years BT. But I still wish you a Happy New Year.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #128
DEPmic05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

"Okla. mom won't face charges for shooting intruder
BLANCHARD, Okla. (AP) — Authorities don't plan to file charges against an Oklahoma woman who fatally shot a New Year's Eve intruder at her house while she had a911 dispatcheron the phone, but the intruder's alleged accomplice has been charged in the death.
A 911 tape released to Oklahoma City media outlets Wednesday reveals that 18-year-oldSarah McKinleyasked a Grady County dispatcher for permission to shoot the intruder. McKinley's 3-month-old son was with her when she shotJustin Shane Martin, 24, at her Blanchard mobile home.
"I've got two guns in my hand. Is it OK to shoot him if he comes in this door?" McKinley asked the dispatcher.
"Well, you have to do whatever you can do to protect yourself," the dispatcher is heard telling McKinley. "I can't tell you that you can do that, but you have to do what you have to do to protect your baby."

Oklahoma law allows the use of deadly force against intruders, and prosecutors said McKinley clearly acted in self-defense. According to court documents, Martin was holding a knife when he died.
"Our initial review of the case doesn't indicate she violated the law in any way,"Assistant District Attorney James Walterstold The Oklahoman newspaper.
However, prosecutors have charged his alleged accomplice, 29-year-oldDustin Louis Stewart, with first-degree murder. According to authorities, Stewart was with Martin but ran away from McKinley's home after hearing the gunshots.
"When you're engaged in a crime such as first-degree burglary and a death results from the events of that crime, you're subject to prosecution for it," Walters said.
Stewart was arraigned Wednesday and was being held in the Grady County jail. A bond hearing was set for Thursday. His attorney, Stephen Buzin, did not immediately respond to a message left at his office Wednesday night.
According to court documents, Martin and Stewart might have been looking for prescription drugs. McKinley said it took the men about 20 minutes to get through her door, which she had barricaded with a couch.
She said her husband had died about a week earlier — on Christmas Day — after being hospitalized with complications from lung cancer earlier that month."

How come when someone wants to limit a person's ability to defend themselves, they ignore stories like this?
DEPmic05 is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #129
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPmic05 View Post
How come when someone wants to limit a person's ability to defend themselves, they ignore stories like this?
Because it's not their ass on the line. Pretty friggin' simple.

Their heirs can whine about the police not responding fast enough, or blame the dispatcher for NOT giving the green light ..

.... if they even have a frearm to defend themselves.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #130
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

I don't say this very often but it is well deserved. You are an idiot.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #131
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
You've been saying that crap for years BT. But I still wish you a Happy New Year.
And Happy New Years to you!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #132
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post

Do you believe me now?
I believe, I believe, oh Lord I believe.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #133
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Breaking News from CNN:

Two firefighters shot dead in upstate New York

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t1
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #134
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
You are an idiot.
Keep repeating that to youreself.

Sooner or later it will make you feel intellectually superior.

Right now you are must an MBA from Syracuse whose wife is a .... "flight attendant"? ... playing I-am-smarter-than-you on a hooker board. about something he knows little about.

That would be Texas criminal law.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #135
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-to-blaze?lite

Mr. Syracuse MBA, here's some of your New Yorkers at work!
And your point is??? Whitman killings --- TEXAS! Luby massacre --- TEXAS! Ft. Hood killings -- TEXAS!

I challenge you to find any source of reliable information that shows Texas to be a safer state than N.Y when it comes to violent crime. Below is one such source of information from "24/7 Wall Street". However, since I live in Texas and sincerely enjoy the life that I lead here, I don't want to get into a pissing contest over things like this.
This is just to prove, once again. how wrong your statments are.

America’s Least Peaceful States

7. Texas

> Violent crimes (excl. murder) per 100,000: 445.3 (15th most)
> Murders per 100,000: 5.0 (18th most)
> Incarceration rate per 100,000: 648 (4th most)
> Police per 100,000: 359.5 (14th most)
> Basic access: 79.2 (6th lowest)
> Total cost of violence: $42.75 billion

For one of the least peaceful states in the U.S., Texas actually has relatively low violent crime and murder rates. However, the state has the fourth-highest incarceration rate, with 648 of every 100,000 residents in state prison. According to the Peace Index, violence costs the state $42 billion each year, more than any state but California. Texas has the lowest high school graduation rate in the country, at just over 80%. The state also has the lowest percentage of residents with health insurance in the U.S. The Peace Index also rated the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown area as the fifth least-peaceful large metropolitan region in the U.S.

Read more: America’s Most (and Least) Peaceful States - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2012/04/26/amer...#ixzz2FzctlQO6

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women