Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40282
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 10-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
VIP Mya Michelle
BANNED

User ID: 133285
My ECCIE Reviews
Lightbulb Black/African Option for race selection

I would like to submit a request for possibly changing the black/african option for provider race, can you guys change it to like African American , or just Black. I think there can be a better more appealing word to use than African/Black.

I feel like African is not correct, and neither is Black really.

African American is Okay

But how about like Ethnic American, or Exotic

Because i just feel like "African/Balck" description is a turn off.

I think Exotic would be the best, or atleast Add exotic to the list, i often find myself grappling with myself over to choose mixed or African... , i would choose nothing at all but you are required to pick a race, maybe even make the race not a requirement? eh. I think most people when they read the word African & Black have negative thoughts that come with those words.

Just my 2 cents, Thanks.

I hope u add exotic, lol cause thats what i wanna list myself as lol
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

That's dumb, we have a few that are African here not many but a few. You can't claim exotic, every chick thinks they are exotic. You are black, I too am black. Hell I remember when shit said negro. So I'm happy with the way it is.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
ArisRose
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 141008
My ECCIE Reviews
Question Jim Crow Update: Brown paperbag test now on ECCIE.net!

I'm not mixed. I look very African and last I checked if you are non-white or non-American white guys who like women of color consider you exotic anyway.

There should be an option for ladies here who are mixed.
But a lot of "exotic" ladies here are confused about a client's desire for ladies of a certain race, not ethnic origin or nationality.

I do recall a chick here getting butt hurt because a client sent her away because he doesn't see black chicks. She advertised herself as Cuban. Well, Cuban is not a race and she should have been upfront about that.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 298
Location: *Southern Illinois*KCMO*Central-North Mississippi* North Louisiana*
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs down

Most "African Americans" are mixed anyway, irregardless of skin color or hair texture. A great deal of dark skinned blacks are genetically less black than the lighter.

@ RBC- Lol,Jim Crow still activated. Better believe it. Nobody wants to be just plain old black.

This site would not benefit from this type of category at all.

Simple solution? Check whatever race is listed on your birth certificate and let your pictures do the talking.
Any woman non European looking is considered exotic here in the US anyhow.

Me however........

Everyday

ALL DAY!

Being 1/8 this & 1/16 that just makes things way too complicated IMHO
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
rp
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

When recently writing a congratulatory letter to a fellow business person, I discovered that I had no idea what to call him. After extensive research, I concluded that the current politically correct term is "Black." For whatever it's worth. Buttressing that conclusion was a friend who was a former Haitian military official and absolutelutely detested being referred to as an Afican American.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp View Post
For whatever it's worth. Buttressing that conclusion was a friend who was a former Haitian military official and absolutelutely detested being referred to as an Afican American.
True "Africans" do not care to be compared, or referred to as "African Americans" at all. But I digress and personally see no benefit of such a category. Would be interesting to see what others think on this topic though.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
VIP Mya Michelle
BANNED

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssppislm View Post
@ RBC- Lol,Jim Crow still activated. Better believe it. Nobody wants to be just plain old black.

This site would not benefit from this type of category at all.
I just feel that aesthetically "exotic" would be much more appealing than "African/Black".

(definition of asthetically -
2. Of or concerning the appreciation of beauty or good taste: the aesthetic faculties.
3. Characterized by a heightened sensitivity to beauty. )

When you search under provider search and do search on Afircan/Black... it is not even 2 pages and thats not even just including a certain location, lol, thats if you put in search for all providers on eccie, but put in mixed and you have all kinds of obviously "African American" women in that category. Some white women too lol, i dont get that... maybe they don't wanna be just "white" either lol. Either way it is obvious not many AA women are picking the African/Black option lol, mixed sounds much more appealing. So may as well add Exotic
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mya Michelle View Post

When you search under provider search and do search on Afircan/Black... it is not even 2 pages and thats not even just including a certain location, lol, thats if you put in search for all providers on eccie, but put in mixed and you have all kinds of obviously "African American" women in that category. Some white women too lol, i dont get that... maybe they don't wanna be just "white" either lol. Either way it is obvious not many AA women are picking the African/Black option lol, mixed sounds much more appealing. So may as well add Exotic
Quote:
Most "African Americans" are mixed anyway, irregardless of skin color or hair texture.

Simple solution? Check whatever race is listed on your birth certificate and let your pictures do the talking.
Any woman non European looking is considered exotic here in the US anyhow.

Probably wouldn't hurt, since I figure most guys equate ads claiming "exotic" as being black anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Trey
Valued Poster

Most do feel like the term mixed or exotic is still a black chick. If you don't like to put black put mixed hell you look somewhat mixed. There you go no more black for you. If a guy gets turned off by seeing black listed as your race he probably wasn't looking to meet with you anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
DickEmDown
Trick

Encounters: 25

I was born Black & I'm gonna die Black...can't stand the term "African American"

btw, I agree with the gentlemen above, "Exotic" = Black

I do think it would be good to take off the "African/Black" selection, they are NOT one in the same
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey View Post
If a guy gets turned off by seeing black listed as your race he probably wasn't looking to meet with you anyway.
Now that's keeping it 100.

Would love to hear the hobbyist perspective on this. Maybe even another thread so as not to hj this one. The exotic-mixed label....What do you guys think when you see this in an ad?

I know what I think. Which really should not matter to a person that I'm not paying bills for.

Unless you look like this:

I have not figured out why black or African decent providers used mixed/exotic Indian, French etc etc .

If you look like this:

Even though you most likely are of mixed background if you do NOT look it,NO ONE is going to ask. Non blacks see black period

Only point I can see is maybe marketing. I'm otherwise stumped.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
VIP Mya Michelle
BANNED

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Only point I can see is maybe marketing. I'm otherwise stumped.
yes for marketing purposes.

Quote:
I do think it would be good to take off the "African/Black" selection, they are NOT one in the same
i did not say remove it, i said ADD exotic.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
Trey
Valued Poster

I feel the same when white girls put Russian or exotic. They are just white nothing really exotic about it. That first girl looks Indian I would let get away with exotic based on providers of her type being rare. An accent would help the second girl if she wants the exotic tag. To me rare in this biz equals exotic.

As has been said most blacks are mixed so if you want it it's there. If its marketing then just put mixed. You are a cute sexy lady but not exotic. Besides exotic is not a race or ethnicity. Who would you say should not be exotic?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
That first girl looks Indian I would let get away with exotic based on providers of her type being rare. An accent would help the second girl if she wants the exotic tag. To me rare in this biz equals exotic.
First lady has one black parent and considers herself black.

Quote:
Who would you say should not be exotic?
I cannot speak from any other experience other than that of a "black" provider. I do not find many people exotic at all but again I am not male.

I am interested in the same myself but only from a male pov. What makes you contact a lady who looks plain old black or white with claims of being exotic?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mya Michelle View Post
yes for marketing purposes.

Now this I completely under$tand
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net