Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40435
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-19-2021, 02:46 AM   #1
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4
Default The true cost of Biden's agenda

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-bidens-agenda

Byron York's Daily Memo: The true cost of Biden's agenda
by Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent |
| December 13, 2021 09:14 AM

Welcome to Byron York's Daily Memo newsletter.

THE TRUE COST OF BIDEN'S AGENDA.
President Joe Biden and Capitol Hill Democrats are racing to pass their massive social spending bill, known as Build Back Better, before Christmas. Maybe they'll succeed, and maybe they won't — a lot depends on whether Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin hops on board. But no one should have any illusions about what BBB, the final piece in the Democrats' COVID-year spending orgy, costs. After a lot of deceptive claims from Democrats, we finally have an answer.

Biden has claimed, falsely, that the bill is "fully paid for." But last month, the Congressional Budget Office released an analysis saying BBB would add $367 billion to the deficit over the next 10 years. So much for "fully paid for."

But it's much, much worse than that. According to a new assessment from the CBO, the cost of the bill under real-world conditions — the way Democrats hope to administer it — will add not $367 billion to the deficit but $3 trillion. That's more than eight times the deficit spending Democrats are citing.

Here's how it works. In order to keep the costs of the bill down, Democrats have inserted a lot of "sunsets" in it — that is, arbitrary dates on which provisions would end. For example, the centerpiece of Build Back Better is the child tax credit, a program under which the government sends monthly checks to families with children, with no requirement that recipients work, or look for work, or anything. It is a new dole, and it has long been a goal of some Democratic policymakers. Democrats want to make it a permanent feature of American life.

This year, passing the enormous COVID relief bill, Democrats inserted the child tax credit — but only for a year. Now, there was no way in the world that Democrats believed the country should have a child tax credit for just one year. No, the idea was to pass the bill, get the policy into law, and then renew it year after year. After all, what heartless lawmaker would want to take sustenance and support from children? At this moment, the child tax credit is scheduled to expire on Dec. 31, and Democrats are working frantically to extend it. "It's as important a thing as there is in the Build Back Better bill, and to me, it was the most important thing we did in calendar 2021," Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown said recently.

BBB would extend the child tax credit, but only until the end of 2022. As a "temporary" measure, the CBO said it would add $185 billion to the deficit. Estimating its cost for just one year keeps the stated overall cost of the bill down. But guess what will happen at the end of 2022? Democrats will say it is absolutely necessary that the child tax credit be extended. And the cost will go up.

So Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham and Rep. Jason Smith recently asked the CBO: What would provisions of the bill add to the deficit if they were extended for ten years, as Democrats originally intended? For the child tax credit, the added deficit goes from $185 billion to $1.597 trillion — a huge increase. That's the real cost of just one part of the Build Back Better bill.

Graham and Smith asked about other provisions as well. Democrats say child care and preschool subsidies would add $381 billion to the deficit, ending after 2027. But they will actually add $752 billion to the deficit if extended a full decade, as Democrats intend. Democrats say health insurance subsidies will add $74 billion to the deficit, ending after 2025. But they will actually add $220 billion to the deficit for the decade. Increasing the earned income tax credit would add $13 billion to the deficit, ending in 2022. But it would actually add $135 billion to the deficit for the decade, as Democrats intend.

You can see what is going on. Using their bare majority in the House and their not-really-a-majority in the Senate, Democrats hope to pass a massive spending bill that is actually far more massive than it looks. The estimated $367 billion addition to the deficit — which is bad enough — would actually be a $3 trillion addition to the deficit. Whenever you see Democrats estimate the cost of Build Back Better, multiply it by eight or 10, and you'll be getting close.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 07:03 AM   #2
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

What gets me is that the true cost gets buried; not even discussed.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

They want to pass this lemon of a bill. So this is more about the application of power than it is about doing it right.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:38 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
They want to pass this lemon of a bill. So this is more about the application of power than it is about doing it right.
You two need to quit whining...it is not even coming up for a vote as written!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Yep, it’s dead as presented. But the whining continues.

Shit, boys, it’s not like they took a Sharpie to a weather map or nothin….

Quit plugging old editorials and you’ll feel much better DF.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... YOU TWO are the whiners... When the bill collapses - the American
people are the WINNERS.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... YOU TWO are the whiners... When the bill collapses - the American
people are the WINNERS.

#### Salty
I'm glad it did not pass.

I just predicting that it eventually will.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:26 AM   #8
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

https://t.me/rrndaily/139930
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:33 PM   #9
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post

No where but Fox news and the lesser know Conservative media outlets. Once again, I'm explaining all these built-in gimmicks to my Democrat friend and CNN enthusiast and once again he says to me "where are you hearing this, Fox news I'll bet". I said, well, that is the only place you will hear it but that came from the CBO and I had to explain to him what the CBO is because it isn't talked about a lot over at CNN other than to condemn it for being so damned "non-partisan" and not going along with the Democrat play.

I told my friend that I can't hold against him what he doesn't know and where he gets his news from, is the reason he doesn't know these things. But he is to far down the Biden rabbit hole for any of this to make any sense at all to him. Then he mumbled "he's still better than Trump". While still untrue, it's about all Democrats can say about Biden these days and they don't care that they know the man they are supporting is incompetent and showing signs of dementia. Why else would the editorial writer at the New York Times suggest that Biden, say today, right now, that he won't be running in 2024 ( and neither will Kamala ) so that the Democrats will have enough time to groom a more "acceptable", alternative?
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:46 PM   #10
bb1961
Valued Poster

The country is in complete economic free fall and assup says quit your whining....that says a lot about him and his concerns with the direction this country is headed in.
bb1961 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women