Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Under Obamacare, most will not have the freedom to not buy health insurance. That's not made up.
First, that's not what you said. And secondly, everyone will, in fact, have the freedom not to buy it.

If i buy a house, i'll pay less in taxes. If i buy insurance, i'll pay less at tax time. How does that mean i don't have the freedom to not buy a house?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
you have no need but its killing your freedoms ... got it

possibly youre living in a world of conjecture

yet to be determined so its worthy of a few talking points? ... more conjecture

people that presently cant afford coverage have NO choice either, an infringement on their freedom?
Yes, I am now being forced by the government to purchase something I do not need, that is not freedom. Glad you get it.

Just stating the facts, since you did not.

The ability to obtain money to purchase anything, should be the responsibility of an individual, in a free society.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
First, that's not what you said. And secondly, everyone will, in fact, have the freedom not to buy it.

If i buy a house, i'll pay less in taxes. If i buy insurance, i'll pay less at tax time. How does that mean i don't have the freedom to not buy a house?
Correction: Under Obamacare, most will not have the freedom to not buy health insurance, without being punished by the IRS.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes, I am now being forced by the government to purchase something I do not need, that is not freedom. Glad you get it.

Just stating the facts, since you did not.

The ability to obtain money to purchase anything, should be the responsibility of an individual, in a free society.
sounds like you received a charter copy of the talking points memo passed out by the republicans
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
sounds like you received a charter copy of the talking points memo passed out by the republicans
Actually I am part of the healthcare industry and not a Republican. But I can assure you the healthcare industry (or at least the part I am involved with) loves Obamacare for the wealth it has already, and will guarantee us in the future. How you think the average American is going to benefit, despite this, can only be explained by listening to the talking points of the libs. Obamacare falls way short on what was promised before they voted on an unread bill.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
CJ7
Valued Poster

the law can be amended as necessary and be fine tuned over a period of time.. while I don't believe its the panacea for the problem, I do believe its a start, and a start in the right direction

healthcare as it stands now, and the increase of premium costs that we have seen in the last decade, not so much
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Correction: Under Obamacare, most will not have the freedom to not buy health insurance, without being punished by the IRS.
But it doesn't include jail time. So back to the original point - you made shit up.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
But it doesn't include jail time. So back to the original point - you made shit up.
I am no more making shit up than you are by saying it doesn't include jail time. The fact is that they are still writing the regulations as we speak (after three years) and have not shown us the completed bill.

As the video of Pelosi, and there are videos of Obama and Sebelius as well, being asked the question directly and their obvious refusal to answer directly, leads me to believe that it does include jail time.

What are you basing your "making shit up" on?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am no more making shit up than you are by saying it doesn't include jail time. The fact is that they are still writing the regulations as we speak (after three years) and have not shown us the completed bill.

As the video of Pelosi, and there are videos of Obama and Sebelius as well, being asked the question directly and their obvious refusal to answer directly, leads me to believe that it does include jail time.

What are you basing your "making shit up" on?
don't look now but you just admitted you made up shit
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
don't look now but you just admitted you made up shit
the law can be amended as necessary and be fine tuned over a period of time, to include jail time...

Better?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
the law can be amended as necessary and be fine tuned over a period of time, to include jail time...

Better?
So the fact that jail time might, at some point in the future, be included in regulations concerning one's behavior.....that's what you're hanging your hat on?

Under those conditions, Nancy Pelosi has no more "threatened your freedom" with Obamacare than any other politician has with respect to any legislation they've ever voted for.

So again, you made shit up.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #27
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Yep, that pretty much sums it up! The jail sentence scare seems to be getting about the same amount of traction as Governor Quitter's death panels!

I can't help but wonder what the Wing Nuts next scare tactic will be?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
So the fact that jail time might, at some point in the future, be included in regulations concerning one's behavior.....that's what you're hanging your hat on?

Under those conditions, Nancy Pelosi has no more "threatened your freedom" with Obamacare than any other politician has with respect to any legislation they've ever voted for.

I gave a reason for why I feel there will be jail time attached to Obamacare, you gave none.

I never argued that there weren't others "threatening our freedom" as well, nor would I with the current legislators.

I do however, understand that my definition of freedom is much more rigid than yours, based on your previous posts. Not saying mine is better, just that they are very different so it was very likely that we would disagree.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
I gave a reason for why I feel there will be jail time attached to Obamacare, you gave none.
Why should i?

Quote:
I never argued that there weren't others "threatening our freedom" as well, nor would I with the current legislators.
Your logic doesn't indicate "there are others". Your logic indicates there are "every single one of 'em".
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women