Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
slims099
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default How safe is phone talk?

I have several buddies who I talk to on a week to week basis, sometimes day to day basis usually over the phone. Sometimes the things we talk about are in lots of detail about a session, or a price. Is that safe? Should I/we chill out with that?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks and happy holidays.
slims099 is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
AgoodMess
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

I thought that was a taboo to talk about over the phone. Are you talking to providers, or other hobbyists? I dont see why this is unsafe, especially if you are using a hobby phone and know the person at the other end of the line. Happy hobbying, - aGM.
AgoodMess is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
CoHorn
Premium Access

Encounters: 58

The government has set up listening posts all over the world. You can't hid from it!!!

Seriously, LE doesn't bug your phones because they have better things to do. The content of what you say isn't important unless your SO is listening. As far as that goes, get a hobby phone.
CoHorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
slims099
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Makes sense. Thanks guys!
slims099 is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
yardape
Valued Poster

Believe it or not, the personal privacy/security of traditional landlines is still the MOST legally-protected of all telecom. Commercial mobile radio (cell) is also protected by the anti-wiretapping laws, but experimenters are constantly improving rogue reception devices to listen in on wireless calls.
yardape is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
snarl
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

I am NOT a lawyer, but it's safe.

Texas Code Of Criminal Procedure, Chapter 18, Article 20, Section 4 defines the offenses for which an electronic intercept may be authorized AS:
(1) a felony under Section 19.02, 19.03, or 43.26, Penal Code;
Texas Penal Code, Section 19.02 covers Murder, 19.03 covers Capital Murder
Texas Penal Code, Section 43.03 covers PROMOTION OF PROSTITUTION

(2) a felony under:
(A) Chapter 481, Health and Safety Code, other than felony possession of marihuana;
(B) Section 485.033, Health and Safety Code; or
(C) Chapter 483, Health and Safety Code;
The listed sections of the Texas Health and Safety Code cover drugs and volitile chemicals used to create/process drugs

(3) an offense under Section 20.03 or 20.04, Penal Code;
Kidnapping and Aggravated Kidnapping

(4) an offense under Chapter 20A, Penal Code;
Human Trafficking

(5) an offense under Chapter 34, Penal Code, if the criminal activity giving rise to the proceeds involves the commission of an offense under Title 5, Penal Code, or an offense under federal law or the laws of another state containing elements that are substantially similar to the elements of an offense under Title 5; or
Money Laundering

(6) an attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit an offense listed in this section.

SO, as long as you're not a murderer, a pimp, a drug dealer/cook, kidnapper, coyote (people smuggler), or money launderer? You're FINE.

But if you are unsure, CONSULT AN ATTORNEY!

Link To Texas Statutes
snarl is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Buck Fuddy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 7

unless you are a certain well known golfer who appears to have no concept of having a hobby phone.
Buck Fuddy is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
gatewayloco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

No worry if you trust who you are talking to. The person on the other line can record a phone conversation without telling you....its perfectly legal. A third party cannot wire tap on your line without a warrant. These warrants are very difficult to obtain.
gatewayloco is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote by Hardrider: "unless you are a certain well known golfer who appears to have no concept of having a hobby phone."

THAT is FUNNY!

I wouldn't see any problems with a phone discussion about much of anything. The only times I have had problems is when I get calls from potential visitors who ask about rates and services and I am around other "civilians". I generally just excuse myself to have the conversation in a more private place.

My opinion is anyone should be careful about ANY conversation they are having where people in general could overhear it. I have heard things walking around the grocery store that I PROBABLY didn't need to hear...you know?
vnurse is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Ask Tiger Woods about what talking on the phone is worth . . .

Be discrete, very discrete. Tiger's lack of discretion will cost him hundreds of millions.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
helix
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6
Default "They" listen to everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHorn View Post
The government has set up listening posts all over the world. You can't hid from it!!!
One thing that I recently became aware of is that the Feds started recording and saving every call (land and wireless) to a database sometime back in '04 or '05. They have a system that the telecom providers are required to route calls through that records basic info about the call and saves the recording. What this has allowed them to do is to get federal warrants to listen to the conversations after the fact.

This came up as part of a description about how they caught these insider trading guys recently (Raj Rajsomething). The guys who got busted used their equivilent of hobby phones to discuss details. The feds found out what one of the numbers was. Once they found one, they pulled its calls, which led to another, and so on. The contents of these calls will be used against these guys to demonstrate that they knew it was illegal.

Bottom line, they still need probable cause for (federal?) warrants, don't get on the feds list to watch, and be cognizant about what you say because "they" are always listening, even if nobody hears it right now.
helix is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #12
mayday
Valued Poster

it maybe illegal, but you might be recorded at any time. the person recording you simply wants to know things that you know or are planning. they know its illegal to record your conversations but they have no intent on using the recording in court. it may give them the information to out wit you in business, tract you on illegal activities, or compromise you in some way. you just never know.
mayday is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
HoneyRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 112
My ECCIE Reviews

Prince Charles and Camilla had a private cell phone conversation which was accidently picked up by someone. She famously said she wished he were her tampon and he said he wanted to be reincarnated as her knickers.

So even if you aren't worried about the feds legally recording you or another person illegally recording you, think of the embarassment if someone accidently heard or recorded you and recognized your voice (or heard enough other details to figure out who you were).

I know I'm VERY risk-averse! The consequences for me outweigh the pleasure/ease of phone conversations.
HoneyRose is offline   Quote