Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Questions for the Staff - Dallas
Questions for the Staff - Dallas Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default PM Queue? Curious Why This Happens..

I log in to ECCIE, and see, say, 3 PM's.. I start to answer them (I always answer the oldest first, if that matters), and within 30 seconds a 4th PM suddenly appears, with the current time shown beside it. I know damn well the PM could not have been written in 30 seconds, my logging in triggered its appearance.

why is that? that 4th PM could be hours old.. not that it matters, but I'm curious why does that log-in trigger occur (it does not happen every time, but often)?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I know damn well the PM could not have been written in 30 seconds, my logging in triggered its appearance.
I'm trying to understand what you're saying. Why would the PM have to have been written in 30 seconds? Is it not possible that someone was writing it for 5 minutes and they, coincidentally, hit 'send' 30 seconds after you logged in?

Or is it happening too often to be a coincidence?

Another possibility: ECCIE uses vBulletin for the forums, which is very common. There are scripts that people can run in their web browser that will customize the vBulletin experience for them. Maybe there's a script that checks to see when you're online before sending the Private Message? If it checks every 30 seconds, that would account for the timeframe. I'm just spitballing.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
I'm trying to understand what you're saying. Why would the PM have to have been written in 30 seconds? Is it not possible that someone was writing it for 5 minutes and they, coincidentally, hit 'send' 30 seconds after you logged in?

Or is it happening too often to be a coincidence?

Another possibility: ECCIE uses vBulletin for the forums, which is very common. There are scripts that people can run in their web browser that will customize the vBulletin experience for them. Maybe there's a script that checks to see when you're online before sending the Private Message? If it checks every 30 seconds, that would account for the timeframe. I'm just spitballing.
no, it happens too often to be a coincidence, that they may have been writing for 5 minutes, then hit "send".. impossible. your second point has validity. I'm not sure what purpose it serves, but that does sound like a reasonable explanation.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Well, I know some of the ladies have a difficult time keeping their inbox clear. That type of a script might help ensure the lady sees it instead of just getting swept out with the backlog. It would have little purpose in talking to other guys, but would be incredibly useful for actually getting a Welcome Wagon girl to read a PM.

That said, I have no idea if such a script even exists. Just throwing out the fact that it might. But if post-login messages are coming from multiple people, then, again, that's too much of a coincidence. If many folks were using such a script, we would have heard of it.

Weird. I look forward to hearing site staff's response.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
gman44

Encounters: 203

so when you log in you get

ex,

3 pm's that were written since logged out the last time
you answer the first 2 and then after you answer the 3rd you get a notification of pm#4 that just came in, whether or not it was sent to you after you replied to pm#3 or while you were offline.

Apparently there is a lag with those
gman44 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women