Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59849
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Is there anything in Obamacare that stops illegal aliens from getting free care on the taxpayers dime at emergency rooms? I'm seriously asking for I have not read it.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
The only way to have a functional health care system is to require everyone to buy into it.

The folks who insist they do not need to will eventually end up costing the system more when sudden emergencies force them into the hospitals.

Different countries around the world have experimented with different strategies for affordable health insurance for their citizens, but the only method that works is the one where everyone is required to have insurance.

Look at car insurance. If it was not mandatory, irresponsible drivers would wreck the lives of the responsible drivers.

+ 1
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #18
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Is there anything in Obamacare that stops illegal aliens from getting free care on the taxpayers dime at emergency rooms? I'm seriously asking for I have not read it.
What an extremely STUPID question. You must be a Santorum voter.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
right now they get free care...so are you pissed now about it or not? I'm just asking.......I haven't read anywhere where you are
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #20
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I really think you should read some of the stuff that I linked to. I was about to say that you would change your mind but that is not what liberals do. Instead you might be more careful about what you post without reading. I have a life so I've only just started but;
Obama was publicly against the individual mandate when he was a candidate and used that to attack Hillary and her Hillary care. Does that make him the biggest liar in the world? Probably.
The Heritage Foundation has written about a lot of things but if you read them it doesn't mean that they endorse them. They are a think tank. The first one written (only 11 pages) it critical of European style healthcare particularly of the English. When it was written it was already apparent that only rationing would save the system if it could be saved. It was costing way more than predicted. The HF also predicted that the Canadian system would run into rationing problems in order to save costs. This turned out to be too true.
The HF talked about four different ways to pay for universal health insurance (which is actually a misnomer, it is not universal) including a tax credit on provided healthcare, an employer mandate, a household mandate, and a individual mandate. The HF discussed the pros and cons of both (does that mean they support it?). What you really get is that the HF saw a future problem, didn't like the European solution, but had disagreements on how to do it in the US. There are a few more reports to read.
If we're digging into history (inaccurately as it is) remember that the Patriot Act was written by Joe Biden in 1995. Now repeat that because it will come up again in the future.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Why is that stupid? Are the emergency rooms in Cali not overflooded with illegal aliens that do not pay? It is a major problem that attributes to millions of dollars in losses to the hospitals. You can't even get in an emergency room here after 5:00 p.m. if you are not arriving by ambulance.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #22
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

A forgotten part of this discussion. SHOULD the federal government be in the business of providing healthcare for everyone. I object to the left position that healthcare is a default and anything else is abnormal. The words already written here prove that. We have to question the concept. What happens when government provides something? We have seen the evidence around the world and it has not been good. Why would American healthcare be any different. That is what some in the HF were driving at. Universal healthcare but only with the mandate but what happens then and does the Constitution allow it. I have read the Constitution but didn't see that.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
right now they get free care...so are you pissed now about it or not? I'm just asking.......I haven't read anywhere where you are
Yes, it pisses me off that my health insurance is some damn high because so many manipulate the system with no remorse.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #24
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

JD, didn't Eisenhower first propose the voting rights act but LBJ blocked it so he could credit, latter on?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I don't know yet but I do know that the democrats had a veto proof majority in Congress from 1959 to 1969and a simple majority during four of Eisenhower's eight years. The other four years they could filibuster anything to death. Eisenhower only got passed what he could shame them into. Which brings us to 1964 and the Civil Rights Act. The democrats controlled the Senate with a veto proof majority and it took the GOP supporting the act to get it passed. Of course that means that a large number of democrats opposed voting by black people.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

yea, that is what I was thinking, "Civil Rights Act". I worked my butt off this weekend with all the rain we have had, hence, very tired
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #27
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Why is that stupid? Are the emergency rooms in Cali not overflooded with illegal aliens that do not pay? It is a major problem that attributes to millions of dollars in losses to the hospitals. You can't even get in an emergency room here after 5:00 p.m. if you are not arriving by ambulance.
The task of an emergency room is to give emergency care when it is needed.
Nothing more, nothing less.

It is not their task to check ID's or DL's. We have Law Enforcement Agencies for that.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #28
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
The task of an emergency room is to give emergency care when it is needed.
Nothing more, nothing less.

It is not their task to check ID's or DL's. We have Law Enforcement Agencies for that.
Wow, you are really ignorant. Who is going to pay for all this emergency care if hospitals are not required to know who they are treating and who should pay the bill? Maybe you are thinking the magic fairy is going to pay for all this?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

FG drivers insurance doesnt apply to everyone and you dont have to have it if you dont drive. Health insurance applies to a lot more people and offers no alternatives like drivers insurance. IE you dont have to drive.
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #30
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

As someone who is in the healthcare industry I've researched this issue at all levels. Prior to becoming an American citizen I practiced my profession in the UK. As most know our healthcare(UK) is all government run--NHS. So, it comes as no surprise that I and many of my countrymen are a wee bit alarmed that this is even a debate. America is the most wealthy country in the world after all. It is simply daft to think healthcare isn't available to all of America's populous. Its a bloody human right. And, in my opinion that is the crux to the whole bloody argument isn't it? Sure, the poor have a healthcare option but it isn't anywhere as brilliant as private healthcare. The Medicaid program has too many long wait times for important procedures. Along with too many financial short cuts which results in the mismanagement of its poorest clients. An example of this would be diagnostic testing for certain lymphoma's or leukemia's. If it is thought a patient has a particular type of leukemia but also has lymphatic involvement then there needs to be further testing. And, that's also the problem. Your Medicaid program frowns upon this pricy testing. It deems it as unnecessary due to its cost. There in lies the problem! Indeed, it is pricy. But, cutting a corner to make a quicker diagnosis isn't the answer. And, obviously it is counterproductive as far as the patients good health is concerned. I reckon this is why the political left has resorted to slogans such as, "Hope you don't get sick because if you do you'll die!" Obviously, this is an extreme case and not all poor people who have a life threatening illnesses die. However, far too many of America's financially burdened are getting the minimal care for illnesses that privatized healthcare is sorting from day one.

I think it is important to realize not every poor person in America is a "meth" addicted individual. And, not every individual is living on government money and having multiple children solely for the benefits. There are loads of individuals that are from all walks of life who have simply fallen on hard times(blue collar as well as white collar ex-executives). One should try to think of the coal miner in western Pennsylvania who is out of work and therefore hasn't proper healthcare. And, Cobra is far too expensive to maintain. Especially, for blokes who are out of work.

It is my opinion that this is 100% a humanity issue. To consider "not" having such an option is simply inhuman as well as daft.
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women