Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-21-2018, 04:53 AM   #16
Cavscout1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
I like to fill mine up to the max pressure recommended by the manufacturer, you'll get the best gas mileage at that pressure
This will also get you the worst ride and shorten your tire life.
Cavscout1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #17
LustyBustyGina38FF
Bday 56yr young

User ID: 205713
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Run flats are 350$ each low profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
Great public service post Dallas fan and well timed. I drove around for two days with my low pressure light on. When I finally checked the old fashion way with a tire gauge, it was 30psi down from 35. Not really a hazard as has been described in other replys. People need to take tires serious at $200+ a tire. Especially the people that drive on the low (nearly no) profile tires. They may look "cool" but not for me
LustyBustyGina38FF is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #18
BLM69
BANNED

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavscout1 View Post
This will also get you the worst ride and shorten your tire life.
It's a give and take, run low pressures and risk getting flats and bad MPG, air up to max, great MPG which really adds up in 40k miles, choose what's important to you
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:42 AM   #19
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Be careful running tires at max air pressure , on the GB doing 75mph on a 105 degree day a blowout is bad , just saying
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #20
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
You guys depend on technology too much for simple things, the tpms only works if the sensors are operating properly, they do go bad so its always better to check pressure the old fashioned way, with a mechanical air gauge. I like to fill mine up to the max pressure recommended by the manufacturer, you'll get the best gas mileage at that pressure
I would suggest an *accurate* mechanical gauge.
I don't trust 90%+ by the register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwader View Post
this is where costco's nitrogen tire filling really comes in handy
I was wondering the expansion/contraction of nitrogen during broad temperatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar View Post
Good tips

I recently saw a video floating around where a guy was filling his own tires and put too much air and the whole tire exploded on him.

I have an app on my phone that I can pretty much see all the stats for my car. Psi, oil levels, etc. it definitely comes in handy.
I tell you i'm scared to death with all the stuff they put in cars now. I just prefer the old fashion dash of 20+ years ago. Aftermarket stereo is an exception.

Quote:
It's a give and take, run low pressures and risk getting flats and bad MPG, air up to max, great MPG which really adds up in 40k miles, choose what's important to you
Yup. Good mile and bald center with max pressure.
Flip side, great traction in sand with low.
Depends what the situation is.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #21
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
I was wondering the expansion/contraction of nitrogen during broad temperatures.
It's one of the major advantages of nitrogen, and why aircraft and race cars use nitrogen in their tires. Due to the lack of moisture, the pressure is much more stable with temperature shifts.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:30 AM   #22
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Yeah but that Nitrogen in car truck tire is a rip off 78% of air IS Nitrogen , Plane and NASCAR very different
PS a good shop will have dryers on the air supply.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #23
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Yeah but that Nitrogen in car truck tire is a rip off 78% of air IS Nitrogen , Plane and NASCAR very different
PS a good shop will have dryers on the air supply.
How is it a rip off? A lot of places offer it as a free service if you buy their tires. Refills take time, but you can always top off with regular air if you have to.

I see most tire shops switching to nitrogen in the next few years.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #24
BLM69
BANNED

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
I would suggest an *accurate* mechanical gauge.
I don't trust 90%+ by the register

I own a professional gauge and all of the ones sold at the register are junk, don't waste your money on those

Yup. Good mile and bald center with max pressure.
Flip side, great traction in sand with low.
Depends what the situation is.

Max manufacturer suggested pressure will not make the middle go bald, tires don't turn into egg shape, it will give you a slightly rougher ride quality, low pressure can cause the sides to rub though
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:30 AM   #25
koseylee
Valued Poster

It has been shown in numerous tests that the nitrogen supply in shops is not pure enough to be of much if any benefit. Race teams and aircraft use lab grade systems so you are comparing apples to oranges.

I am a Technician w Toyota. Our TPMS systems have a minimum threshold ( when light comes on) of 26-28 psi. The light will flash when key is turned on if there is a fault in system. Full size spare will have sensor. Mini-spare does not.

Bottom line... if light is on on check your freaking tires!!! Note- factory tire pressure specs can be found on drivers door jamb or door edge of every car. Required by DOT.
koseylee is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #26
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by koseylee View Post
It has been shown in numerous tests that the nitrogen supply in shops is not pure enough to be of much if any benefit. Race teams and aircraft use lab grade systems so you are comparing apples to oranges.
Can you link to one of these tests? I've seen a noticeable benefit to having nitrogen. The first year I had nitrogen, I checked the tires every month, plus a few extra times, and the pressure only changed about 4 psi all year. That's incredible compared to what I was used to. I used to lose more pressure than that from a cold front coming through!
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #27
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

4 psi a year is awesome crock. I try to check mine monthly and it's usually ok. 35 to 33 psi makes for a smooth ride and optimizes the tire life. Heck oil changes these days can be 7,000 miles plus depending on your oil change indicator. That's a lot of months for me to have my tires checked by the dealer.

I' would like to see those test results also kosey
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #28
koseylee
Valued Poster

BMW put out a Service Info bulletin SI B 30 04 06 basically saying it wasn't necessary. Continental Tire has same opinion http://www.continentaltire.com/news/...-right-my-tire. "Top Gear" did there own test and found little if any difference.

If you feel likes it works for you, use it. No harm
koseylee is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:33 AM   #29
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

^^ yes , and NASCAR uses because they have tanks of the air guns , and tires ( high pressure to run air gun and fill quick) Airplanes because doesn't expand at low outside pressures. I said before rip off for most , most places charge for the "service"
Old 10-31-2018, 12:46 PM   #30
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by koseylee View Post
BMW put out a Service Info bulletin SI B 30 04 06 basically saying it wasn't necessary. Continental Tire has same opinion http://www.continentaltire.com/news/...-right-my-tire. "Top Gear" did there own test and found little if any difference.

If you feel likes it works for you, use it. No harm
It's certainly not necessary. Air works just fine, especially if you check the tire pressure every few weeks (and more often during weather changes!). But the benefits of nitrogen, as shown in your link, are very real.

The fact that more dealerships and tire places are offering it for free is even more reason for you to use nitrogen. You'd be an idiot to turn it down if it was free with the purchase of four tires!
Crock is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women