Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35194
Mojojo33117

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation How The Rich & Powerful Skirt The Law

I was afraid it would come to this.

The rich and powerful have friends and fortunes they can use to bend the law in their favor.

According to The New York Times, the case against Dominique Strauss Kahn is in danger of unraveling.

The sexual assault case against Dominique Strauss-Kahn is on the verge of collapse as investigators have uncovered major holes in the credibility of the housekeeper who charged that he attacked her in his Manhattan hotel suite in May, according to two well-placed law enforcement officials.

What do you think? Is this another version of O.J. Simpson getting away with the crime?

I was hoping that this case would teach France some manners in the process, but France may just end up shooting the finger to America and DSK may continue his despicable ways.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/ny...y.html?_r=1&hp
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Your surprised by this. This country caters to rich people if that would have been me she could have been a drunk crack head felon with 50 prostitution convictions and i would get life.
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

As outrageously biased a misrepresention of the facts as I have seen. There is supposed to be a presumption of innocence in America - especially strong when the complaining witness is shown to have lied.

The case against Strauss-Kahn is crumbling because investigators for the prosecution - not the defense, the prosecution - have found many holes in her credibility - and many lies from her.

The beginning of what seems like the end of the case against him began when investigators found a tape of a phone conversation the maid, whose name is Nafissatou Diallo, had with a prison inmate within a day of the Frenchman's arrest, during which she discussed the monetary benefits of pressing charges against him. The conversation was taped and the inmate was convicted for possession of 400 pounds of Marijuana. 400 pounds.

The prosecution investigators then found that this convict (+ a couple of other men) have made deposits of over $100,000 to Ms Diallo's bank accounts over the past two years - thus the suspicion of money laundering now hanging over her.

There will be a court hearing tomorrow - at the prosecution's request, not the defense. It appears Strauss-Kahn will be released from house arrest on his own recognisance and his bond substantially diminished.

Dismissal of charges will take longer but are now a distinctive possibility.

This is NOT a case of a wealthy and powerful man corrupting the system. It is a case of sleazy & criminal riff-raff trying to enrich themselves by slandering a respected and talented economist and husband of the grand-daughter and heiress of the respected Paul Rosenberg: Picasso's art dealer.
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Victim On Trial

In these cases where the rich and powerful are pitted against the poor, the defense is always the same.

You put the victim on trial.

The focus is moved away from the crime that he did to whatever they can dig up against the victim.

. . . The sonofabitch could have raped a nun and they would still uncover some dirt against her when she was a wild teenager and paint her with that brush.

(Respected economist, my ass! He is a slimy predator getting away with the same crime time after time!)

Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

As an observer, the "presumption of innocence" doesn't apply to me.....that being said I think his money and international influences are at work in this one.

The NY police, can make mistakes, but they are some of the best trained most professional law enforcement officers in the world. I was amazed how quickly they arrested him and assumed they had very strong evidence. I would be suprised if they don't now.

It seems since the case has moved up to the lawyering level (DAs office) the case is "falling apart." I tend to think it is big money and international influences at play, not the law.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
jhende3
Valued Poster

Raphael just proved my point! Well respected man like that got to deal with some riff raft like a maid saying he raped her silly ha ha. Lets see what she might be guilty of???? She talks to people convited on crimes on the phone well that open and shut she must be lying then
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
In these cases where the rich and powerful are pitted against the poor, the defense is always the same.

You put the victim on trial.

The focus is moved away from the crime that he did to whatever they can dig up against the victim.

. . . The sonofabitch could have raped a nun and they would still uncover some dirt against her when she was a wild teenager and paint her with that brush.

(Respected economist, my ass! He is a slimy predator getting away with the same crime time after time!)

I think that when you are rich and powerful enough you can create your own proof in your favor easily. You can get away essentially with anything.. as it has proven time and time again over the years. I find it interesting that the rape victims name is out there too. Aren't rape victims suppose to be protected by the Rape Shield Law?
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

GP,

There's one small problem with the rape victim's names being withheld from the public in this case, she wasn't raped. People are painting him a rapist and he didn't rape her.

I knew this case was bullshit from the start and even said so in a thread in DnT.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
googol^googol
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
husband of the grand-daughter and heiress of the respected Paul Rosenberg: Picasso's art dealer.
Two thoughts:

The old courtroom saying; Why is it that just because a woman is a prostitute she has to have bad eyesight? Why is it that just because a woman is a money-grubbing drug money launder she can't also have been sexually assaulted?

Picasso's art dealer's granddaughter's husband? That's why we should trust the guy? I sure wouldn't trust Picasso, I don't tend to trust art dealers, and I wouldn't use a granddaughter's taste in men as a guide to moral character.

Well...Pablo Picasso did have one thing going for him that both Dominique Strauss-Khan and I don't.
googol^googol is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #10
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Blind Justice

You are right on point g^g.

Bringing in Picasso's art dealer's granddaughter husband has absolutely nothing to do with this case and only muddies up the waters.

The fact is that DSK has a long history of despicable behavior and has gotten away with it time and time again partly because of how the French culture tends to excuse this sort of behavior.

Justice is supposed to be blind to social position, but money still seems to tip the scales against the poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by googol^googol View Post
Two thoughts:

The old courtroom saying; Why is it that just because a woman is a prostitute she has to have bad eyesight? Why is it that just because a woman is a money-grubbing drug money launder she can't also have been sexually assaulted?

Picasso's art dealer's granddaughter's husband? That's why we should trust the guy? I sure wouldn't trust Picasso, I don't tend to trust art dealers, and I wouldn't use a granddaughter's taste in men as a guide to moral character.

Well...Pablo Picasso did have one thing going for him that both Dominique Strauss-Khan and I don't.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Raphael
BANNED

Strauss-Kahn's many successes with women - free of charge - is not what he was... charged with in this case; though one could see why it would ellicit the jealousy of habitual johns.

Nor in this case will justice be done if it is blind to the fact that the so-called complaining witness lied on her application for asylum when she claimed to have been gang-raped in Guinea. She never was.

Nor in this case will justice be done if it is blind to the fact that she lied to the IRS when for purposes of getting undue tax refunds she claimed the child of a friend as a second dependent. She only has one dependent.

Nor will justice be done if it is blind to the fact that she lied to the IRS when she failed to declare the tens of thousands of dollars that were deposited in her bank account by several men including one convicted drug pusher.

Nor in this case will justice be done if it is blind to the fact that she lied to the police when she claimed to have only one phone number, when she has five, totaling up to several hundred dollar phone bills every month

Nor in this case will justice be done if it is blind to the fact that she lied to the police when she claimed that after her encounter with Strauss-Kahn she laid prostrate in the hallway until he left the hotel. She calmly went to clean another room then returned to his room for reasons unrevealed to the press.

Nor in this case will justice be done if it is blind to the fact that she lied to the police when she claimed she had entered Strauss-Kahn's room as part of her normal daily cleaning routine. That floor was not the floor that is normally assigned to her. But that day she asked permission from her supervisor to clean that room.

Nor in this case will justice be served if it is blind to the fact that less than a day after the encounter she talked to a convicted drug pusher about the money she expected to make by pressing charges against the economist.

Justice will be done when all charges against Strauss-Kahn have been dropped

Justice will be done when the so-called complaining witness has been charged and tried for money-laundering, alongside the men who have deposited money in her account.

Justice will be served when she is required to return to the IRS the refunds she has illegally received, with interest, fines and other penalties - and paid the tax on the considerable amount of revenue she failed to declare.

And last but not least: justice will be served when NYPD is required to explain the irresponsible rush to judgement with which, without warrant or investigation, it proceeded to arrest an innocent man and drag him through that scandalous perp-walk, on the word of a woman who just yesterday was defined by a member of the prosecution team as a "swindler."

When that happens, I trust they will be men enough to acknowledge wrong, to apologize to Strauss-Kahn, his family and his friends, and to extend compensation for the unjust material, psychological, and emotional damage they have inflicted upon him.

As for the criminal riff-raff that has still not given up on extorting money from their intended victim, well, such people are no more men enough to ever acknowledge wrong than to earn an honest day's wage.

It is an insult on the honest poor to claim Ms Diallo is one of them. She is a hustler, a con-artist, a cheat, and a liar.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
Raphael
BANNED

The New York Post is alleging that the maid is a hooker!!!

Perhaps that is why the legal experts were saying the prosecution might still want Strauss-Kahn to plead guilty to a misdemeanor: solicitation!

But then he never acknowledged any exchange of money was made; neither did she.

This case is becoming comical!!!

As I have revealed the fact that Strauss-Kahn's wife is the grand-daughter of Picasso's art dealer, I must in all fairness acknowledge that the hooker's brother, who still lives in Guinea, says they are descendants of pious muslim scholars and that people like them would never cede to the lure of easy money.

So, where will the scales of justice tip now? Toward the art dealers, or toward the scholars?

LMAO!

I hereby formally nominate the maid (whose name and photo is all over the internet, just google Strauss-Kahn), for induction into the spider-hole. She'd fit in well in there

And also Fast Gunn, if he is not already in. Maybe she will become his ATF.

http://www.nypost.com/
Old 07-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

This is not simply the cut and dried situation of money getting someone off. The defendant's case is eroding, fact by fact. If you made up your mind he was guilty and his wealth is getting him off, no fact otherwise will change your mind. I thought he was probably guilty at first, however, the defendant isn't simply being discredited, it's coming out she lied repeatedly. She will be the reason, not his money, this case may get dismissed.

This isn't Kobe Bryant, but if you recall, years later the girl who accused Kobe of raping him admitted he didn't, yet to some he remains a rapist.

Raphael,
Nor in this case will justice be done until it is decided that a man who has sex with a prostitute against her will should be charged with rape or just shoplifting.
surcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Raphael
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by surcher View Post
Raphael,
Nor in this case will justice be done until it is decided that a man who has sex with a prostitute against her will should be charged with rape or just shoplifting.
lol!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #15
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I have always thought it strange why so many posters on these pages (and on the P) feel the wealthy should not pay their share of taxes. Perhaps these posters are wealthy themselves, if so, I can better understand. I strongly suspect they are not any better off than I am. I have never minded paying my proportionate share of taxes and have never complained about doing so. But to listen to some of our posters claim class warfare each and every time it is mentioned to rescend the Bush tax cuts you would think every one of them is in the $250,000 + a year tax bracket.

It remains a mystery to me. Hell, I wish I had a job that paid me enough that I would have to pay $100,000 + per year in taxes!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women