Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default Americans Are With The Republicans on Debt...

Regarding raising the debt ceiling, the most recent CBS/NY Times polls shows that an overwhelming majority of 63% of Americans oppose raising the debt ceiling, and want cuts in spending. Only 27% favor raising the debt ceiling....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...58-503544.html

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

About the same percentages for people who believe in an invisible fairy tale being in the sky.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Regarding raising the debt ceiling, the most recent CBS/NY Times polls shows that an overwhelming majority of 63% of Americans oppose raising the debt ceiling, and want cuts in spending. Only 27% favor raising the debt ceiling....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...58-503544.html

And over 40% of registered Republicans believe that Obama wasn't born in the U.S so what's your point? This question was asked to Obama during his conference today and Obama said it perfectly: This is what Obama said(his words paraphrased) Re ask that question over and ask Americans- if they would rather see the U.S default on loans and thereby cause a global disaster...." If they are asked that question broken down to where they could see the impact I think they will get a definite response. Nice try Whirl but seriously do you think the average American understood the impact of what would happen if America defaults? I doubt it- besides the last week they have had the media brainwash them with the Anthony Case.
Here's a poll that say more Americans would blame GOP if debt ceiling isn't reached: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-isnt-reached/
here's another poll where Americans 57% to 43% said Ryan plan would make America worse: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...oll-shows.html
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

It seems that 63% of Americans don’t believe in the little man in the White House.

11 July 2011: The president warned that failure to reach agreement could create another recession and throw millions of Americans out of work, painting a picture of catastrophe if a partisan stalemate is not broken and Congress fails to act. He criticized politicians who say the debt ceiling doesn't need to be raised.

"It's irresponsible. They know better," Obama said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._lnk1%7C218585

But back in March 2006, then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., found the notion of raising the debt ceiling quite distasteful.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” he said. “It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...t-ceiling.html

Which feckless Obama should the voters believe?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Obama tries the old rope-a-dope again, but the Republicans aren't falling for it. And, based on the above CBS/NYT recent polls, either are the Americans.

His most recent scheme incudes another $1 trillion in new taxes in exchange for spending cuts and debt ceiling increases....but in August 2009, on a visit to Elkhart, Indiana to tout his stimulus plan, Obama sat down for an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd, and was conveyed a simple request from Elkhart resident Scott Ferguson: “Explain how raising taxes on anyone during a deep recession is going to help with the economy.”

Obama agreed with Ferguson’s premise – raising taxes in a recession is a bad idea. “First of all, he’s right. Normally, you don’t raise taxes in a recession, which is why we haven’t and why we’ve instead cut taxes. So I guess what I’d say to Scott is – his economics are right. You don’t raise taxes in a recession. We haven’t raised taxes in a recession.”

Will the real Obama please stand up !
Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

We don't have to default. There is plenty of revenue to pay the interest and other debt obligations. Obama will just have to defund other parts of the government.......Its his call, Obama's choices are clear:

1. Agree with the Republicans to their spending cut request,
2. Sign/veto any bill that Congress sends him, or
3. Let us default on our obligations.

Seems to me these are his choices, because the Republicans aren't going to go for his tax increases. If Obama chooses #3 it will be because he made the decision to not pay our debt while continuing the fund the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
..... Whirl but seriously do you think the average American understood the impact of what would happen if America defaults?
Old 07-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
We don't have to default. There is plenty of revenue to pay the interest and other debt obligations. Obama will just have to defund other parts of the government.......Its his call, Obama's choices are clear:

1. Agree with the Republicans to their spending cut request,
2. Sign/veto any bill that Congress sends him, or
3. Let us default on our obligations.

Seems to me these are his choices, because the Republicans aren't going to go for his tax increases. If Obama chooses #3 it will be because he made the decision to not pay our debt while continuing the fund the government.
Sorry it's not going to happen Whirl- if the debt ceiling is going to be raised- EVERYONE is going to have to make sacrifices including the RICH- end of discussion!!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

WE: So what are you saying? Obama and the Dems don't budge and the Republicans don't budge then there is no increase in the debt ceiling....

What will Obama do then?

Make the interest/debt payments, or fully fund the rest of the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Sorry it's not oin to happen Whirl- if the debt ceiling is going to be raised- EVERYONE is going to have to make sacrifices including the RICH- end of discussion!!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
TheTexasTornado
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Regarding raising the debt ceiling, the most recent CBS/NY Times polls shows that an overwhelming majority of 63% of Americans oppose raising the debt ceiling, and want cuts in spending.
Wow! The poll said ZERO about cuts in spending. You just made that up.

In fact, A June 9 Washington Post/ABC News poll found that 61 percent of people believe higher taxes will be necessary to reduce the deficit.

A June 7 Pew poll found strong support for tax increases to reduce the deficit; 67 percent of people favor raising the wage cap for Social Security taxes, 66 percent raising income tax rates on those making more than $250,000, and 62 percent favor limiting tax deductions for large corporations. A plurality of people would also limit the mortgage interest deduction.

A May 26 Lake Research poll of Colorado voters found that they support higher taxes on the rich to shore-up Social Security's finances by a 44 percent to 25 percent margin.

A May 13 Bloomberg poll found that only one third of people believe it is possible to substantially reduce the budget deficit without higher taxes; two thirds do not.

A May 12 Ipsos/Reuters poll found that three-fifths of people would support higher taxes to reduce the deficit.

A May 4 Quinnipiac poll found that people favor raising taxes on those making more than $250,000 to reduce the deficit by a 69 percent to 28 percent margin.

I guess Americans are actually with Democrats on this one...
TheTexasTornado is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I will go with the vaulted CBS/NY Times data since it is the most recent. BTW, the Washington Post/ABC News poll is pretty damning on Obama's handling of the economy. And it also shows that declining support for raising taxes to pay for the defecit and increasing support for only cutting taxes. A trend that leads up to the CBS/NYTs polling data.

My point of the post is that the Repubicans probably believe they are on the right side of the issue with regard to electorate support. That remains to be seen. So the polling data aside, what will Obama do if the Republicans hold firm and the August 2nd date approaches?

Will Obama cave in? or,

Will Obama default on our debt?
Old 07-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
TheTexasTornado
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Quote:
My point of the post is that the Repubicans probably believe they are on the right side of the issue with regard to electorate support.
Well, 'the point of your post' said one thing, and you typed another. And what you typed was demonstrably not true. Clearly, the poll said nothing about cutting spending as opposed to raising taxes. You could admit that you embellished the truth, or you could try to sidestep it. You chose the latter.
TheTexasTornado is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTexasTornado View Post
You could admit that you embellished the truth, or you could try to sidestep it. You chose the latter.
Are you surprised? I'm not!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Obama said one thing, and he is now saying another. He originally claimed it was a "reckless fiscal policy" and "failure of leadership" to be in such a position. Should the voters who put him in office now doubt him?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
WE: So what are you saying? Obama and the Dems don't budge and the Republicans don't budge then there is no increase in the debt ceiling....

What will Obama do then?

Make the interest/debt payments, or fully fund the rest of the government?
Whirl unless Obama's actions are different from his Rhetoric- I agree with Obama when he says that neither part should make ultimatums and that both parties need to put aside political rhetoric and posturing and make the best decision for America. However, I think Boehner is trying to appeal to the TEA Party instead of doing the right thing.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Obama said one thing, and he is now saying another. He originally claimed it was a "reckless fiscal policy" and "failure of leadership" to be in such a position. Should the voters who put him in office now doubt him?
No Obama is not saying two things- when he made that original statement in 2006 it was when we were spending a half billion dollars a day on the Ira war countless billions on Afghanistan and a blind man could see that we couldn't fiscally sustain that type of spending. Do you think this spending got out of control in 2009 when Obama took over? Heck No! this had been going on for years- the majority of this spending disaster is the result of the poor spending and waste by the Bush adminsitration- add up the cost of the Iraq war? Medicare Part D is a 100 billion dollar a year program not paid for and billed right to the deficit so you guys are taking his message out of context.
Look at it this way if in the 2000 presidential elections if someone were to have asked George Bush would he be in favor of raising the debt ceiling if America would one day have to finance a war that would cost a HALF of a BILLION TAX PAYERS DOLLARS A DAY- don't you think Bush in hindsight would have said:" that's crazy and would be a sign of poor leadership and fiscal irresponsibility? When I was in High school I wouldn't have imagined taking out 50,000 dollars in student loans to pay for Pharmacy school but I did and I am dealing with- so for you to take something Obama said based on what was going on in 2006(2 huge expensive wars) and say that he's double talking is being dishonest by you guys.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women