Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160429
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35278
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

This is not about religious freedom at all....it is about one group of individuals' morality being stuffed down the throats of another groups rights

Whatever happen to the separation of government and religion....oh that's right, it's Kansas, that does not apparently apply here

And I agree with BigMike....there is so much concern about the baby b4 birth....and then all the BS stuff about not allowing an individual to chose the right to die at the end of his/her life.

In between...way too much emphasis on donating every Sunday/Saturday
Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

I found this question the other day:
"Isn't it interesting that a country founded to allow freedom from religious persecution is now using religion to persecute freedoms?"
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
kuhoplite
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
Doesn't it seem like the libs clamour for tolerance, yet are the most intolerant when someone does something to which they object? I guess tolerance is in the eye of the beholder.
You're conflating tolerance w/ unfettered permissiveness. When a parent has nutty religious beliefs that deny a child lifesaving medical care, it's time to put the person w/ nutty religious beliefs in their place. Same situation here. Welcome to the 21st century. As was said earlier, this is all just political horsesh!t. I doubt Brownback wants to see birth rates similar to the Philippines and the crushing weight it puts on society.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_Kat View Post
Some small towns only have ONE pharmacy. You're going to suggest that they drive into a different town to obtain what they need? Ridiculous.
Actually, Allie, this is exactly what the recent bill is designed for. Many small towns in Kansas are sole proprietorships, and many of those are owned by the pharmacist. This law is designed so that pharmacist does not have to carry any prescription he does not want to carry. So, yes, if they have to go to a larger town or a chain, then that's what they'll have to do. You may think it's ridiculous, but that's what freedom of choice is all about - both for those who want the prescriptions and those who are to fill them.

I don't think this will affect the large chain pharmacies, since most have more than one pharmacist on staff and not all are going to be religious fanatics. So access to prescriptions will not be limited, per se. But those that refuse to carry certain medications are going to probably be identified by those that object to the bill and you'll see boycotts of those pharmacies. It may or may not have an affect on those businesses.

If I were a pharmacist, I would not object to filling either contraceptive prescriptions nor to filling prescriptions for RU-486, but I would not want to tell someone that they MUST fill those prescriptions.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #20
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
This law is designed so that pharmacist does not have to carry any prescription he does not want to carry. So, yes, if they have to go to a larger town or a chain, then that's what they'll have to do.
I understand if they don't keep it in stock and it's the actual person that owns the pharmacy being a stubborn a-hole and not selling birth control. But if it's an individual employees decision not to sell what a store already keeps in stock, then I would think they would get fired for not doing their job correctly.
Also, not everyone has a car, so for some, it may difficult to just mosey on down to the next pharmacy that sells what they need.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
SeaRayPilot
Account Disabled

You can add Women's health to the long list of things that Sam hates, so far I have:

1. The Arts, not the religious kind with paintings of Mary and the baby Jesus, but all that gay kind, you know, plays and singing;

2. Taxes, but not the good kind, like you could levy on abortions;

3.Schools and teachers, except Christian private and the home schooled;

4.People that make less than $25K/y, he wants them to pay more;

5.Twitter and teen girls;

6. SurveyUSA;

I expect he hates puppies also, but I don't have any direct evidence.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #22
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

And when are they going to start taxing churches? It's only fair.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Not as simple as it seems.

Quote:
Actually, Allie, this is exactly what the recent bill is designed for. Many small towns in Kansas are sole proprietorships, and many of those are owned by the pharmacist. This law is designed so that pharmacist does not have to carry any prescription he does not want to carry. So, yes, if they have to go to a larger town or a chain, then that's what they'll have to do. You may think it's ridiculous, but that's what freedom of choice is all about - both for those who want the prescriptions and those who are to fill them.

I don't think this will affect the large chain pharmacies, since most have more than one pharmacist on staff and not all are going to be religious fanatics. So access to prescriptions will not be limited, per se. But those that refuse to carry certain medications are going to probably be identified by those that object to the bill and you'll see boycotts of those pharmacies. It may or may not have an affect on those businesses.

If I were a pharmacist, I would not object to filling either contraceptive prescriptions nor to filling prescriptions for RU-486, but I would not want to tell someone that they MUST fill those prescriptions.
Actually, it goes a bit further than that. Although you are correct, the bill could also be viewed as legal protection of the pharmacies against lawsuit if they do not happen to carry everything that someone asks for. This is an impossible situation, I have even had CVS and Walgreens out of stock for some medications.

But, if they say they do not carry something like this, it could be a lawsuit.

Many years ago, I had some graduate courses that were the introduction to the legal aspects of prescription drugs, regulated chemicals and biologicals. The regulations of drugs, chemicals, biologicals, food, health food, water supplies, explosives, etc. (Should I go on?) is unbelievable. For the most part many of these regulations are necessary, even if they are a pain.

The complications are many. One will still be able to obtain what is needed, just not from the store you may want.

JR
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRayPilot View Post
You can add Women's health to the long list of things that Sam hates, so far I have:

1. The Arts, not the religious kind with paintings of Mary and the baby Jesus, but all that gay kind, you know, plays and singing; Actually, the arts should pay for themselves, just like sports and any other entertainment.

2. Taxes, but not the good kind, like you could levy on abortions;Who's not against taxes - the lower the better.

3.Schools and teachers, except Christian private and the home schooled; When schools stop wasting money on bureaucrats and start spending it on essential programs (like math, science, English, social studies and foreign language), then there wouldn't be a problem in funding school districts.

4.People that make less than $25K/y, he wants them to pay more; Yes, they should pay their fair share - those earning more than 50K/y are already paying 96% of the taxes.

5.Twitter and teen girls; Only those that call him an asshole. Of course that would be most of the people in this thread.

6. SurveyUSA;

I expect he hates puppies also, but I don't have any direct evidence.
You forgot, he also hates you.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #25
SeaRayPilot
Account Disabled

Quote:
You forgot, he also hates you.
Thank you, that would be the greatest compliment I have ever received!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

If an employee of a chain pharmacy does not do what the employer tells him/her to do, that is different. But if a sole pharmacist doesn't want to carry a certain drug, it's up to them. That's freedom. Sorry you don't like it.

I'm not opposed to birth control, or a woman's right to choose, but the pharmacist has a right to choose as well. Why not cut them the same slack you want?

And then I'm called intolerant. Go figure.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #27
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

COG,

Not all matters are so cut and dry.

What if the birth control a lady takes is helping her for other reasons than to make sure she doesn't get pregnant? Is it still the pharmacists right to not sell the pills to her?

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-contr...-take-the-pill
Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #28
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Ladies can we knock off the name calling. It is unbecoming of a lady. This is about freedom and freedom cuts both ways. You want the freedom to buy contraceptives at any place you want to buy them but you will have to deny the right of an owner not to sell certain items for whatever reason. In this case it is about the religion of morals of the owner. Why are your rights better than their rights?
I used the example earlier of a government entity forcing you to take clients that you don't want to take. Their rights are better than your rights. How about the employee who refuses to sell chocolate bars to someone who is grossly obese and the clerk happens to know that they are extremely diabetic. Does the clerk have the right? Does the owner have the right? We prevent 18 year olds from buying liquor even though it is legal in some states for them to have it. Even if that 18 year old is in military uniform. Do you think a store should have the right to refuse to sell birth control to a 14 year old boy or girl? How about 12 years old? Is this right absolute or does it have a limit.
You need to move away from the argument that your own ox is being gored. Think about the other side and their motivations.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
COG,

Not all matters are so cut and dry.

What if the birth control a lady takes is helping her for other reasons than to make sure she doesn't get pregnant? Is it still the pharmacists right to not sell the pills to her?

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-contr...-take-the-pill
Heaven knows if I ever get to Omaha, I'd love to meet you, so I am not trying to piss you off. That really isn't the question. If the pharmacist doesn't want to sell codeine, or even aspirin, it's his or her business. They should have the right to sell what they want, and refuse to sell whatever they want. If their choices cause their business to decrease or even fail, it's their problem. It's their business. They are putting up the money, they are taking the risk, they should be able to decide what they sell.

There will be very few pharmacists who will refuse to sell birth control, so like I said, it's mainly grandstanding by Brownback. But nonetheless, the pharmacist, and any other business person, should not be forced to provide a product or service they don't want to.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #30
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

Encounters: 35

The governor needs you all to have as many children as possible. Not that he will fund health care for them, or education... but those that survive the gauntlet to reach the age of consent will be strong, indoctrinated with his fundamentalist anti-intellectual worldview, and prepared to join his crusade against the "other."
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women