Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
ampad
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16
Default Privacy and the Internet

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that the internet isn't at anonymous as you think. It's actually very hard to stay anonymous, and one little screw-up could expose information you don't want shared to *anyone* with a computer. Staying anonymous requires a lot of research and effort. Anyone who is actually concerned with their anonymity would do well to read up on ways to protect themselves.

A fun little example is something that happened to me a few years back. I used a single handle on a number of forums, games, email, etc. All of these were quite innocent, but it wasn't the sites in question as much as it was the content. One day I googled my email address and was blown away by what I found. Most of it was nerd talk and such, but buried in there was a thread where I said some shit that I would never want a potential employer to see. But of course, my email address is on every resume I've sent out! Idiot!

Some ideas to keep you anonymous:
# Never post personal information on a forum. DUH
# Be mindful of what you are posting and if that content will affect you down the road.
# Maintain different personas. It helps to maintain different handles depending on what you are trying to do. Don't use the same handle on your facebook and bsdm forum. You'll freak your kids out.
# IP addresses (usually) don't lie. If you create two different gmail accounts and send me an email, I'll know it's you. Depending on the email and the delivery mechanism, I may be able to tell where you work, what type of phone you have, etc. Google may even be able to expose all of your aliases, depending on what information is stored and exposed by sites. Consider using a proxy server and understanding how it actually work. Proxy's aren't magic and only add one more layer of crap to dig through if you don't use them right.
# If your running windows, for god sakes install some virus protection, a firewall, and spyware removal.

This list isn't exhaustive obviously, and isn't meant to be. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. Google knows what you've searched for. Your neighbors could very easily be on your wifi network. You don't even want to know what someone can do with that type of access. The bluetooth on your laptop may be exposing you. And then there is the whole world of virus and keyloggers. The list goes on and on.

The point of this post is purely informational. I just want everyone to remember that anonymity is not free and takes some work on your part. Be safe!
ampad is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
lookn2u4fun69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Thanks for the info. i am pretty illiterate when it comes to the internet and identity. Where could I find more info?

I have heard of a way to surf the internet completly anonymous but can't remember the service.
lookn2u4fun69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookn2u4fun69 View Post
Thanks for the info. i am pretty illiterate when it comes to the internet and identity. Where could I find more info?

I have heard of a way to surf the internet completly anonymous but can't remember the service.
The only one I'd trust - http://www.torproject.org/.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Guest121212 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Jackie is so cash. ...nerd crush on her...
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Longer.....

The amount of info she knows....scares me, yet turns me on. Nothing like a beauty having brains.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Guest072311
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7
Default the biggest sex organ is ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
Longer.....

The amount of info she knows....scares me, yet turns me on. Nothing like a beauty having brains.
This has been true for a long time for me Elena. If she had started posting on ASPD during by reviewing days, she would have had several by me, I'm sure......other that a few newbies, I saw smart women everytime. And they all knew how to use the smarts they had to turn me on like an alarm clock.... over and over again.
Guest072311 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
ampad
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookn2u4fun69 View Post

I recommend googling "internet anonymity" and "email anonymity". The resources available are enormous.

For email, always use a separate web based account like gmail. If you are going for complete anonymity, you have to create and always use the account through a proxy server. Don't check it from your phone, don't check it from the local library where you have to use an account that can be tracked. These precautions are because of a number of trace fields that are defined in the RFC 2822 spec. Different email servers adhere to the standard differently, but almost all nodes tend to put a "Received" field in the header which traces the entire path of the email. Most web based email viewers and outlook hide this information, but it's there.

Also, secure your network. If you run wireless, understand and use the security features! Most wireless routers offer some support for different security protocols, mainly WEP. WEP can eventually be broken through brute force, so strongly consider using a router that allows you to specify the machines that are allowed to connect to the network using MAC addresses. I cannot even begin to believe how many of my neighbors have their wireless wide open, and have their OS configured to share their drives.

One thing you should always be aware of is there is no such thing as complete anonymity. But you can make it very hard for someone to track you or steal your information.

Oh, and I'm no security expert by any stretch of the imagination. These are just a few things I've found along the way.
ampad is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
ready2gonow01
Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up, I have a handle / email specifically designed for my co-opt missions, but like you said...everything leaves a trail.
ready2gonow01 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
Guest121212
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampad View Post
These precautions are because of a number of trace fields that are defined in the RFC 2822 spec.
Not to nitpick, but RFC2822 doesn't define the fields . . . RFC2821 does. In fact, RFC2822 specifically states "A full discussion of the Internet mail use of trace fields is contained in RFC2821. For the purposes of this standard (RFC2822), the trace fields are strictly informational, and any formal interpretation of them is outside of the scope of this document." - RFC2822, April 2001.

For most people a disposable email address is sufficient, such as those discussed here, and listed here and here. Most of these services will offer sufficient "anonymity" against those trace fields defined by RFC2821, Gmail will not (even with use of a proxy, unless it is bounced through a distributed network of anonymous relays [think: Tor]). . . and Gmail will respond to subpoena - even for DELETED email . . . Google "gmail subpoena" for an enlightening list of articles.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Old 01-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
ampad
Valued Poster

Oh shit, I just got called out by Jackie!
ampad is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #11
Guest121212
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Oh shit, I just got called out by Jackie!
No, just a slight clarification to an excellent post you made . . .

Kisses,

- Jackie
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #12
BiggestBest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie@sintropolis View Post
Not to nitpick, but RFC2822 doesn't define the fields . . . RFC2821 does. In fact, RFC2822 specifically states ...
Shwiiing!

Nerds have always been sexy, but Jackie takes it to a whole new level.

BiggestBest is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #13
BottomlessFilth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7206
Encounters: 1

Internet...Friend or Foe? Very useful, but very dangerous tool given to man. Many use it for good, but some use it for evil purposes to achieve their own personal gain. Just sad to me to see such advanced intelligence gone to poor use when they could be using it to help others not hurt others. Why not help say the military with creating programs to make the US a little safer than say using your intelligence to steal information or to send viruses, trojans, keyloggers & the sort? It all boils down to this...Bad people will always be bad people who do bad things! There is a lot of truth to the saying, "Some people are too smart for their own good". Just like you could have one hell of an alarm system on your house, but if a bad person wants to get in.....trust me they will find a way in. Just disappointing to become aware of just how many bad people really do exist out there these days! A lot of times what "appears" to have a presence of good & helpfulness is really just a wolf in sheep's clothing.
BottomlessFilth is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I think I'll go start a "what are you good at?" thread. Let's see what other skills forum members have.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
I recommend googling "internet anonymity" and "email anonymity". The resources available are enormous.

For email, always use a separate web based account like gmail.
Yahoo sends your IP address to anyone you e-mail to.

Gmail web interface doesn't send your IP address with the e-mail. Gmail through an e-mail program such as thunderbird or outlook DOES send your IP address along with each e-mail you send.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women