Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > ECCIE International > Asia > Vietnam - Discussions/Reviews
Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
odin
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
Default vn tips

i am not trying to steer people away fro eccie, but there is an informative forum site called lau xanh. which lays out the lay of the land in vn from the the experiences of forefingers who do business in vn day to day, tourist, and hometown people. unfortunately i do not know how to read viet, but there is a section in there were actual foreingers talk in english about their experiences in vn and in my opinion read up on it and learn it. stay your ground on the price for massage places in vn its usually a set standard and they will try to deviate you from it. i find the philippines much more accomodating than vn.

ps: do not try to meet girls through karaoke method. if a "tour guide" on the street try to take you karaoke you better be fuckin rich and have patiences to wait out an hour up there. otherwise just have them take you to the hotels. normally at those places its probably 4/10 i rate, bar girls are much better than the ones at the hotel already.
odin is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
seanes
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

what's the link to: "there is a section in there were actual foreigners talk in english about their experiences in vn and in my opinion read up on it and learn it."
seanes is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
odin
Gaining Momentum

i'll ask my buddy to see. he can read it viet and linked to it to me when i was in vn. might take a few days... for me to find out and post, i know i am slow.
odin is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
seanes
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
... might take a few days... for me to find out and post, i know i am slow.
I'm patient, thanks. I'm looking to go over in November.
seanes is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
vietnhoc
Registered Member

lauxanh.us let try it
vietnhoc is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
odin
Gaining Momentum

http://lauxanh.us/diendan/forumdisplay.php?f=56 narrowed it down to that if anyone feels like they wanna browse through endless posts in viet to find any english ones. that forum is for saigon, there is the northern region section too if you go back one directory i only read very slowly and small words or make good guess though sounding it out, so i dont have time for this... since i might hit thailand. viet girls always try to milk out the american born viets or they upsale too much unless you are strong will which i am not.
odin is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
nicemusic
Premium Access

Encounters: 285

Thank you, Odin, for the exact link. Very interesting. Although not fluent, I read and speak some Vietnamese.

If you want to translate the page, it's simple. Use
http://www.google.com/toolbar/ie/index.html , go to the webpage, and use the toolbar for a translation of the page. It will look the same but all the words are in English--same layout, graphics, images, etc.
If you want to cut & paste text, these two work fairly well:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/
http://translate.google.com/
(Notice that the Google translate has a Telex on-screen keyboard to conveniently type out all the words with the weird little signs on them.)
There are other translators such as this:
http://www.windows7download.com/win7.../gtoqxcpd.html but I haven't tried this one.
http://vdict.com/%C3%B4i,2,0,0.html#translation The dictionary is good but the translator is hilariously bad.

On Vietnamese girls: Well, there is a lot of variety in terms of how they negotiate prices, but it mostly isn't that different than Thailand in finding a price. Vietnamese tend to be better at getting higher prices from Americans, yes. But, I found options of <$15 for an hour in Halong Bay with extremely beautiful women (really, 18-21 yr old girls). Service was pretty good too. I just haven't had time to write up my reviews.

Saigon and Hanoi are different stories. Hanoi is a terrible place to pick up women (for pay) and Saigon is fairly decent, although nothing compared to the sheer number and variety available in many tourist areas of Thailand. Thailand is the place most people will want to hit.

And, lastly, Vietnamese women tend to be more business like about the whole affair, while Thai can really get into it. In fact, you have to be careful not to fall in love when you're in Thailand.
nicemusic is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
nicemusic
Premium Access

Encounters: 285

Now, my question on language. So, yes, I speak Vietnamese but I'm not a native speaker. I can't ask my friends the following questions.

So, if I'm talking to a bargirl or streetwalker, and I'm carrying some small talk in Vietnamese, I simply use the pronoun "em", which works fine--these females are younger than me. But, if I wish to refer to her in her presence or another girl in a girly bar by their profession or activities, is it insulting to use the words "gái diếm" (prostitute / whore), "gái mại dâm" (prostitutes / sex workers), "gái giang hồ" (courtesan / streetwalker), "gái nhảy" (bargirl)? (It is usually in English with America to use such words, even if it's clearly what is going on.) How does one talk about what we're doing?

I ask not only because I'm learning Vietnamese, but also because the amount of fluent English in these Vietnamese bars can be pretty limited, unlike in Thailand where girls really do learn English.
nicemusic is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women