Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-18-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
Blubbster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28
Default Shavano Park Police Pull People Over To Hand Out Courteous Driving Awards

So we all know the little enclaves surrounding the City of San Antonio engage in overzealous law enforcement, usually for the purpose of revenue generation with below-normal speed limits, sneaky tactics & the like.

Well, Shavano Park has gotten a new police chief since the last time I encountered them and he's gotten this idea of pulling over those who his officers think are GOOD drivers & giving them an award: http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article/.../273-492784189

Well, sounds good, eh? But how does it really work? What if the "courteous driver" has a kilo of cocaine in the trunk? I guess the officers wouldn't investigate since all they do is hand the driver the cup? What if a driver starts acting suspicious? The cops wouldn't have any probable cause anyways, just a suspicious feeling, so they can't just pull them over, huh?

And what if they find something incriminating just laying in the passenger seat? Was it a legal stop? Not really, right?

What do you guys think of this attempt at fostering better community-law enforcement relations?
Blubbster is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
tpepsi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

A friend of mine got pulled over in Dallas (addison) in the 90s and handed an award for courteous driving.

He had just came from the bar and said he was pretty toasty. Cop never noticed.
tpepsi is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
oam
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

That would be cool if you could use the good driver award as a get out of ticket free card.
oam is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
Cheesecake7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

This is a tricky issue and I wonder what happens when they pull you over to give you the award and notice a strong alcohol smell and maybe some uncoordinated babbling. They probably cannot ignore that you are drunk but it may be difficult for them to explain in court why they pulled you over in the first place.

Ironically, drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) drivers may actually drive especially cautious (and "courteous") to avoid being pulled over in the first place.
Cheesecake7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
1980saguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake7 View Post
This is a tricky issue and I wonder what happens when they pull you over to give you the award and notice a strong alcohol smell and maybe some uncoordinated babbling. They probably cannot ignore that you are drunk but it may be difficult for them to explain in court why they pulled you over in the first place.

Ironically, drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) drivers may actually drive especially cautious (and "courteous") to avoid being pulled over in the first place.
The evidence and arrest would be suppressed. It is an illegal stop.
1980saguy is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:07 AM   #6
Cheesecake7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980saguy View Post
The evidence and arrest would be suppressed. It is an illegal stop.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the input.

Although if you are a inventive cop you could let the person go and just "incidentally" follow the car and stop him 3 traffic lights later "completely unrelated" for whatever you can come up with (by that time the guy/gal may be so nervous that they are making a mistake).
Cheesecake7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

I can hear it now. Some hooker will say the reason she needs a little more time to get ready is she got a "good driver award" on her way to the appointment.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
lovelyevelyn
Account Disabled

User ID: 288080
My ECCIE Reviews

I'd rather they didn't. I don't need the heart attack
lovelyevelyn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women