Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70399
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452901
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40299
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35264
Mojojo33117

Old 03-06-2024, 02:25 PM   #31
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

No the police budget did not go back to normal. Monies for payroll were reallocated for new woke policies further hindering le officers.
Plus because of these new policies Austin's police academy has only recently started graduating new officers. All because of woke policies protecting criminals and protesters.
Austin pd has been short staffed due to this. And because of the new woke lib agenda austin officers have left in droves and it's hard to recruit officers here because of those policies and the high cost of living here. Austin is hostile to law enforcement. There's no arguing this.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:31 PM   #32
winn dixie
Premium Access

Just ask dps how Austin city council treated them!
Old 03-06-2024, 02:48 PM   #33
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Since the mid eighties. I take exception with the description “cesspool”

Again I would like to hear what policies you think made the city so bad.

Mid eighties huh? Well I lived in Austin since the 60's. Graduated from high school as well as my undergraduate degree from UT as well as my MBA. So I remember when Austin was a nice place to live instead of the liberal cesspool it presently is. And yes as you can see you taking exception to my use of the word cesspool really does not matter to me as that sounds like your issue. And take a look at winn dixies post above about some of the issues not impacting that cesspool we call Austin.
golferguy55 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:02 PM   #34
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferguy55 View Post
Mid eighties huh? Well I lived in Austin since the 60's. Graduated from high school as well as my undergraduate degree from UT as well as my MBA. So I remember when Austin was a nice place to live instead of the liberal cesspool it presently is. And yes as you can see you taking exception to my use of the word cesspool really does not matter to me as that sounds like your issue. And take a look at winn dixies post above about some of the issues not impacting that cesspool we call Austin.
I know a lot of le officers.
Folks really don't know how bad crime really is in austin. Woke policies and severe under staffing has lead to officers no longer responding to theft shoplifting homeless folks most car accidents and many crimes. Not enough man power. The da no longer will prosecute certain crimes. And policies that restrain cops from being able to do their jobs.
Austin pd used to let citizens ride with a cop. If they still allow it.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:08 PM   #35
winn dixie
Premium Access

Speaking of Austin bat guano and cesspools.
Just test the water under the bat bridge and downstream from their roost.

Toxic

Yet don't let your dog shit anywhere.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:24 PM   #36
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
...Again I would like to hear what policies you think made the city so bad.
It's in the Ps. Property taxes and defunding the Police.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:26 PM   #37
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Words of truth...
But I still tightly seal my trash can lids ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
I know a lot of le officers.

Folks really don't know how bad crime really is in austin. Woke policies and severe under staffing has lead to officers no longer responding to theft shoplifting homeless folks most car accidents and many crimes. Not enough man power. The da no longer will prosecute certain crimes. And policies that restrain cops from being able to do their jobs.
Austin pd used to let citizens ride with a cop. If they still allow it.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:29 PM   #38
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Austin the place that erects statues of homeless people.
Actually, my fear is that they are NOT statues, but epoxy spray painted originals...
Old 03-06-2024, 03:47 PM   #39
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I was in Austin the same time as you, golferguy. It was more liberal in the 60s and 70s as it is today. And still a nice place to live. About 200,000 people, depending on whether UT was in or out. Even nicer during the Summer when it was out.

Seems like the RWW's approach to the future is by turning back the clock.

Well, Austin isn't a sleepy college/government town anymore. I don't like a lot about it, but it's still the only city in Texas I'd still live. Maybe the Tone, but in a pinch.

And for the record, I've never seen poop in the streets. At least not human poop.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:01 PM   #40
winn dixie
Premium Access

No joke here. Walk around city hall and down by town lake.
Roll up your pants and wear your rubber boots.
Austin has permanent workers cleaning up in that area during daylight.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:04 PM   #41
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I thought the poop was only at select Circle K's and off-brand convenience stores.

Are you complaining because they're cleaning it up? It's a job creation project that leaves the others behind.

Seriously, you hang out downtown? With all the tourists?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:07 PM   #42
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I thought the poop was only at select Circle K's and off-brand convenience stores.

Are you complaining because they're cleaning it up? It's a job creation project that leaves the others behind.
Lol
No argument against that
Old 03-06-2024, 04:29 PM   #43
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I was in Austin the same time as you, golferguy. It was more liberal in the 60s and 70s as it is today. And still a nice place to live. About 200,000 people, depending on whether UT was in or out. Even nicer during the Summer when it was out.

Seems like the RWW's approach to the future is by turning back the clock.

Well, Austin isn't a sleepy college/government town anymore. I don't like a lot about it, but it's still the only city in Texas I'd still live. Maybe the Tone, but in a pinch.

And for the record, I've never seen poop in the streets. At least not human poop.

The roots of Austin's current environment were put in place decades ago. I'm not happy with all the changes I've seen over the years but that's what we got. If you want to blame somebody blame the people who turned the city into a high-tech hub that attracted all the liberal people you hate. The people who developed Austin (and profited off it) brought in high tech businesses, high rises to house those people, and highly educated people who hire the teachers who dictate the curriculum in our schools.

Our school taxes could be abated if they didn't steal so much of our money through the robin hood program. Or funded the schools rather than spending billions on the border fighting the border patrol.

If we had better housing policies maybe the police could afford to live in our city and we wouldn't have to pay so much for what we've got.

The truth is that large cities require large public expenditures. It's going to require public housing, public transportation and better public education to deal with our issues.

How about we talk about that...

P.S. ASPD (if I remember right) is an acronym for alt.sex.prostitution.discussio n. It's a usenet forum from the 90's. A bulletin board called aspd.net was eventually setup as an alternative when web browsing became more common. (technically it can be described as a tech startup) That migrated into eccie.net at a later date. (why I don't know)
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:59 PM   #44
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
This post is spot on. But I am curious though as to how long you have lived in the liberal cesspool called Austin. Care to share that with us Tx-Dot?

My home has been in the greater Houston suburban area since 1978. I spent 10 months in Austin in 2007, while training in core blind living skills at a residential facility for adults near the Hyde Park rea.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:21 PM   #45
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:

P.S. ASPD (if I remember right) is an acronym for alt.sex.prostitution.discussio n. It's a usenet forum from the 90's. A bulletin board called aspd.net was eventually setup as an alternative when web browsing became more common. (technically it can be described as a tech startup) That migrated into eccie.net at a later date. (why I don't know)
The monger culture in Houston as a little different back when. ASPD members did at times promote "social gatherings" which were supposed to be meet and greet good times without any hobby action. ASPD played a part in some of the organizing. Party goers had to be known persons with reviews etc and there was a pre-registration list. Not on the list, no entry to the "private party"

In 2010 there was a Christmas social set up. Someone tipped the police and there was a raid, with a few arrests. ASPD was now under the watchful eyes on Uncle LEO. Just after that, the owner of the ASPD website died after a long illness, and ASPD collapsed. There was a scramble to keep it open, but the outcome was the founding of ECCIE and OurHome2.

I probably have detailes wrong, but that is the timeline that I know.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women