Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160176
Yssup Rider59820
gman4452818
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37047
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #16
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
He doesn’t know. But Trump has invigorated space exploration, including the military.
Space Force? What happened to it?
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I remember an interview quite a few years ago when Yeager was asked about the factual truth in the movie The Right Stuff. Especially when he just went and climbed into that F104 and took off, without any notice.

His answer was to paraphrase....”if I would have pulled a stunt like that, my next stop would have been Leavenworth”

Great entertaining movie, though. And a great man.

it was embellished, however Yeager did get severely burned during a high altitude test flight when he stalled and had to bail out.

and Jack Ridley was based on .. the real Jack Ridley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ridley_(pilot)

and the early scene where Yeager fell off his horse did happen .. with yet some more Hollyweird embellishment. he and his wife were riding when he got knocked off just before his shot at breaking the sound barrier. He had his wife drive him to a Vet to tape up his ribs so the military wouldn't know.

and Ridley did rig up a sawed off broom handle to allow him to close the X-1's hatch.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #18
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
I would expect Fox to be in bed with the deniers that the moon landings happened....the majority of the space race happened under Democrat administrations.

Maybe that explains why there are deniers, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #19
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Space Force? What happened to it?

its still an embryo.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #20
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
And where would it all have been had it not been for Ike who saw to it that NASA was created in the first place?
Eisenhower said Kennedy’s moon goal was “almost hysterical” and that the added tax burden was not worth it,
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #21
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
The Right Stuff...a great Hollywood movie. California. Liberals.

speaking of liberals ...

thank you valued poster!
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #22
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Right Stuff...a great Hollywood movie. California. Liberals.
I would think by now we would have a colony on the Moon for all the California Liberals, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:57 AM   #23
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I remember an interview quite a few years ago when Yeager was asked about the factual truth in the movie The Right Stuff. Especially when he just went and climbed into that F104 and took off, without any notice.

His answer was to paraphrase....”if I would have pulled a stunt like that, my next stop would have been Leavenworth”

Great entertaining movie, though. And a great man.
Americas ace of aces Major Richard Bong flew under the Golden gate Bridge and went on to make history as America's ONLY top gun!! He died at only 24.
From Wikipedia:

On June 12, 1942, Bong flew very low ("buzzed") over a house in nearby San Anselmo, the home of a pilot who had just been married. He was cited and temporarily grounded for breaking flying rules, along with three other P-38 pilots who had looped around the Golden Gate Bridge on the same day.[4] For looping the Golden Gate Bridge, flying at a low level down Market Street in San Francisco, and blowing the clothes off of an Oakland woman's clothesline, Bong was reprimanded by General George C. Kenney, commanding officer of the Fourth Air Force, who told him, "If you didn't want to fly down Market Street, I wouldn't have you in my Air Force, but you are not to do it any more and I mean what I say." Kenney later wrote, "We needed kids like this lad."[5] In all subsequent accounts, Bong denied flying under the Golden Gate Bridge.[6] Nevertheless, Bong was still grounded when the rest of his group was sent without him to England in July 1942. Bong then transferred to another Hamilton Field unit, 84th Fighter Squadron of the 78th Fighter Group. From there, Bong was sent to the Southwest Pacific Area.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:06 AM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Eisenhower said Kennedy’s moon goal was “almost hysterical” and that the added tax burden was not worth it,
Doesn't change the fact that without NASA created by Ike, JFK couldn't have done shit.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:31 AM   #25
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

In a way, Ike was correct in his assessment of whether the moon landings were worth it.

After it was all said and done, we found out that the moon was exactly what we knew it was all along.

A lifeless rock.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #26
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I watch it on the TV ,One of the few this I still remember
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #27
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Posters, let's not get modern day politics emeshed in this. It's about the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGNryrsT7OI

This is how I remember the lift off. Again, if you get a chance of watching the new film it's amazing.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #28
oeb11
Valued Poster

Many NASA innovation of the Moon program are in daily use.

As to the economics - Ike had an opinion - there are different opinions as to the long-term value to America and the world of the many technical innovations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...nventions.html
Apollo 11 moon landing: top 15 Nasa inventions

Nasa scientists have pioneered more than 6,300 technologies during their bid to understand space that are now routinely used in day-to-day living.

Space suit materials are in wide use on Earth Photo: REUTERS

By Sasjkia Otto

12:10PM BST 22 Jul 2009

Here are the top 15 space spin-offs:

1. CAT scanner: this cancer-detecting technology was first used to find imperfections in space components.

2. Computer microchip: modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

3. Cordless tools: power drills and vacuum cleaners use technology designed to drill for moon samples.

4. Ear thermometer: a camera-like lens that detects infrared energy we feel as heat was originally used to monitor the birth of stars.

5. Freeze-dried food: this reduces food weight and increases shelf life without sacrificing nutritional value.
6. Insulation: home insulation uses reflective material that protects spacecraft from radiation.
7. Invisible braces: teeth-straightening is less embarrassing thanks to transparent ceramic brace brackets made from spacecraft materials.
8. Joystick: this computer gaming device was first used on the Apollo Lunar Rover.
9. Memory foam: created for aircraft seats to soften landing, this foam, which returns to its original shape, is found in mattresses and shock absorbing helmets.
10. Satellite television: technology used to fix errors in spacecraft signals helps reduce scrambled pictures and sound in satellite television signals.
11. Scratch resistant lenses: astronaut helmet visor coating makes our spectacles ten times more scratch resistant.
12. Shoe insoles: athletic shoe companies adapted space boot designs to lessen impact by adding spring and ventilation.
13. Smoke detector: Nasa invented the first adjustable smoke detector with sensitivity levels to prevent false alarms.
14. Swimsuit: Nasa used the same principles that reduce drag in space to help create the world’s fastest swimsuit for Speedo, rejected by some professionals for giving an unfair advantage.
15. Water filter: domestic versions borrow a technique Nasa pioneered to kill bacteria in water taken into space.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #29
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #30
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Many NASA innovation of the Moon program are in daily use.

As to the economics - Ike had an opinion - there are different opinions as to the long-term value to America and the world of the many technical innovations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...nventions.html
Apollo 11 moon landing: top 15 Nasa inventions

Nasa scientists have pioneered more than 6,300 technologies during their bid to understand space that are now routinely used in day-to-day living.

Space suit materials are in wide use on Earth Photo: REUTERS

By Sasjkia Otto

12:10PM BST 22 Jul 2009

Here are the top 15 space spin-offs:

1. CAT scanner: this cancer-detecting technology was first used to find imperfections in space components.

2. Computer microchip: modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

3. Cordless tools: power drills and vacuum cleaners use technology designed to drill for moon samples.

4. Ear thermometer: a camera-like lens that detects infrared energy we feel as heat was originally used to monitor the birth of stars.

5. Freeze-dried food: this reduces food weight and increases shelf life without sacrificing nutritional value.
6. Insulation: home insulation uses reflective material that protects spacecraft from radiation.
7. Invisible braces: teeth-straightening is less embarrassing thanks to transparent ceramic brace brackets made from spacecraft materials.
8. Joystick: this computer gaming device was first used on the Apollo Lunar Rover.
9. Memory foam: created for aircraft seats to soften landing, this foam, which returns to its original shape, is found in mattresses and shock absorbing helmets.
10. Satellite television: technology used to fix errors in spacecraft signals helps reduce scrambled pictures and sound in satellite television signals.
11. Scratch resistant lenses: astronaut helmet visor coating makes our spectacles ten times more scratch resistant.
12. Shoe insoles: athletic shoe companies adapted space boot designs to lessen impact by adding spring and ventilation.
13. Smoke detector: Nasa invented the first adjustable smoke detector with sensitivity levels to prevent false alarms.
14. Swimsuit: Nasa used the same principles that reduce drag in space to help create the world’s fastest swimsuit for Speedo, rejected by some professionals for giving an unfair advantage.
15. Water filter: domestic versions borrow a technique Nasa pioneered to kill bacteria in water taken into space.

next time please clean up the article of links.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women