Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #16
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
Trump thinks that crowd size matters. NASCAR has large crowds also...many attend just to see the wrecks
this.. although I characterize it different.. as I have posted several times, I went to 3 Trump rallies, along with avid non-Trump supporters. these were EVENTS, that had little or nothing to do with election support.. sure, many attendees do support Trump, but a lot don't, necessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
That's partly why those that oppose Trump might under-report his crowd sizes at various events.
Trump started the whole bullshit about crowd size, when he absurdly overstated the Inauguration size.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #17
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
You write that as if you don't believe that it's true.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...atings-bonanza

Seems one network has done just that.

America's Got talent had twice the viewers
Talent Trumps No Talent

...........For the week of June 17-23, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: "America's Got Talent" (Tuesday), NBC, 10 million; "60 Minutes," CBS, 7.1 million; "60 Minutes" (8 p.m.), CBS, 6.2 million; "The Bachelorette," ABC, 5.6 million; "NCIS," CBS, 5.5 million; "Highwire Live in Times Square," ABC, 5.3 million; "Hannity" (Tuesday), Fox News Channel, 5 million; "Holey Moley," ABC, 4.87 million; "The Big Bang Theory," CBS, 4.86 million; "American Ninja Warrior," NBC, 4.79 million.
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #18
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Don’t count out “The Apprentice” just yet, as a celeb version of the Donald Trump reality skein opened to potent numbers Thursday night on NBC.
The Peacock then continued its strong start to the new year with a huge Saturday courtesy of the highest-rated NFL wild-card action on the day in four years.
Looking at Thursday, a night when Fox scored with college football while ABC and CBS served up repeats, “The Celebrity Apprentice” averaged a 4.5 rating/11 share in adults 18-49 and 11.08 million viewers overall. It built on its lead-in from “Deal or No Deal” (3.7/10 in 18-49, 13.41m) by 22% in 18-49 and stood as the night’s No. 1 show in the key demo.

“Apprentice,” of course, got huge ratings in its first season, but had tapered off in subsequent seasons. Thursday’s opener was the best for the franchise since September 2005 and the best rating for any episode since the fifth-season’s finale in December 2005, the last time it aired on Thursday.

Seems the more TV views get to know Trump....the more of 'em tune him out.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #19
slim deez
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Can you get me a ticket. I want to see someone wearing a MAGA hat in a public place. Its so rare to see

Wearing a MAGA hat makes you a sniper target by the militant Left. A knife attack in a Leftist world.
slim deez is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #20
matchingmole
Valued Poster

I saw an old dude in Krum, Texas wearing one a few years ago. The only time that I've seen a MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter in the wild. And not on Television or the internet....where they could be photoshopped
Old 08-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

You obviously haven't been to a rally. How does "Hillary Lost" shit sandwich taste after 2 1/2 years?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #22
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
I saw an old dude in Krum, Texas wearing one a few years ago. The only time that I've seen a MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter in the wild.
Is that where you're from..."the wild"...that explains a lot!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #23
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Maybe some network should broadcast his rallies on television...if they are so popular...they should be a ratings bonanza.
They already do. CNN is there at every Trump rally.

During the 2016 campaign they gave him boatloads of free coverage that ironically helped elect him. Trump didn't need to spend nearly as much on campaign ads, thanks to all this free media coverage valued at over $5 billion, according to one estimate.

And the networks did it because it was good for their ratings!

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1389...ite-house.html
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #24
matchingmole
Valued Poster

If CNN was broadcasting them...and they thought they would get ratings...they would have that stupid countdown clock going all the time.

Having reporters there is not the same as broadcasting the rally. The reporters are probably there to show the lowlights
Old 08-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #25
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
Is that where you're from..."the wild"...that explains a lot!!
I drove to Krum
Old 08-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #26
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Having reporters there is not the same as broadcasting the rally. The reporters are probably there to show the lowlights
You're wrong. During the 2016 campaign they had live coverage. They always had a camera there, so they could break in and out of their regular programming to cover Trump events live. Even now CNN has a camera crew at every Trump rally. Trump calls them out to the crowds all the time.

Did you even read my link? $5 billion in free media for Trump! The fake news media goosed his election! And they basked in higher ratings and robust ad revenues! That's why trumpy says they should be thanking him!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #27
matchingmole
Valued Poster

That was 2016....today, Americas Got Talent beats him in the ratings by a two to one margin.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #28
slim deez
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Even around here, TM.

I enjoy watching you give CPR to the KKK.
slim deez is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #29
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim deez View Post
Wearing a MAGA hat makes you a sniper target by the militant Left. A knife attack in a Leftist world.
I wonder why that is? I can understand the logic of not having a bumper sticker if you think you are going to be randomly vandalized, and not be able to protect your property because your not there. But scared to wear a MAGA hat on your head? Scardy Cats..............Meow
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #30
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
America's Got talent had twice the viewers
Talent Trumps No Talent

...........For the week of June 17-23, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: "America's Got Talent" (Tuesday), NBC, 10 million; "60 Minutes," CBS, 7.1 million; "60 Minutes" (8 p.m.), CBS, 6.2 million; "The Bachelorette," ABC, 5.6 million; "NCIS," CBS, 5.5 million; "Highwire Live in Times Square," ABC, 5.3 million; "Hannity" (Tuesday), Fox News Channel, 5 million; "Holey Moley," ABC, 4.87 million; "The Big Bang Theory," CBS, 4.86 million; "American Ninja Warrior," NBC, 4.79 million.
The point I initially made was that the size of the crowd does indeed matter. You have not posted anything to disprove that. You can't. As I said, the "bandwagon effect" is a recognized psychological and political phenomenon. Also, you should note I have made no claims as to the veracity of Trumps #s claim vs those of any media outlets, fire marshals et al.

If you want to deny what the AP said about Hannity's ratings bonanza (your words and theirs) perhaps you should look at Nielsen's top 10 shows for the previous two weeks in comparison. Hannity wasn't even in the top 20. I'd say that's a pretty big bump but obviously you're a better judge. I'm sure you already knew that.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women