Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452829
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #31
FriscoKiddo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

If no one cares about the size of a crowd supporting the President as some representation of support, then why would anyone care about the size of a crowd deriding the President as some representation of derision towards the President?
FriscoKiddo is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #32
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Trump did have one in Dallas...forgot about it

Up to 20,000 people were expected, but the upper levels of the arena were largely empty. Trump joked that he kept the arena under capacity to be fair to rival candidates who can’t draw as many attendees as he can.

Still, arena personnel estimated attendance at about 15,000, making it the biggest political theater in Dallas since Barack Obama, as a candidate, packed the old Reunion Arena. That event, in 2008, attracted more than 17,000 people.

About 1,000 people gathered outside American Airlines Center, chanting “dump the Trump” ahead of the speech.

Two women behind the barricade held a banner with Trump’s likeness bearing a Hitler mustache. Another man raised a sign that read “the KKK and nazi’s support Trump. Do you?” — a possible dig at Trump’s endorsement by white supremacist leader and politician David Duke.
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #33
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
The point I initially made was that the size of the crowd does indeed matter. You have not posted anything to disprove that. You can't. As I said, the "bandwagon effect" is a recognized psychological and political phenomenon. Also, you should note I have made no claims as to the veracity of Trumps #s claim vs those of any media outlets, fire marshals et al.

If you want to deny what the AP said about Hannity's ratings bonanza (your words and theirs) perhaps you should look at Nielsen's top 10 shows for the previous two weeks in comparison. Hannity wasn't even in the top 20. I'd say that's a pretty big bump but obviously you're a better judge. I'm sure you already knew that.

Hillary never had crowd sizes like Trump...yet she won the popular vote. Biden has lousy crowd sizes...yet is polling ten point ahead of Trump. The Trump rallies are stale and not a big deal anymore. He says the same old tired lines all the time.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #34
Lantern2814
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
Hillary never had crowd sizes like Trump...yet she won the popular vote. Biden has lousy crowd sizes...yet is polling ten point ahead of Trump. The Trump rallies are stale and not a big deal anymore. He says the same old tired lines all the time.

You just keep clinging to that. You'll need the flotation device after the tears start flowing from you lefties on Election Night 2020.
Lantern2814 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #35
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You're wrong. During the 2016 campaign they had live coverage. They always had a camera there, so they could break in and out of their regular programming to cover Trump events live. Even now CNN has a camera crew at every Trump rally. Trump calls them out to the crowds all the time.

Did you even read my link? $5 billion in free media for Trump! The fake news media goosed his election! And they basked in higher ratings and robust ad revenues! That's why trumpy says they should be thanking him!
Don't waste your time disproving SC, YR, MM and others. They are simply trolling.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #36
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Remind me who many points was Hellery ahead of Trump??
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #37
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I don't know if you are being purposefully obtuse or if you are just a little slow on the up-take.
I am not making a partisan point. As I said in my initial post, it works both ways. When a candidate is going well their crowds and support increase because of their success. When it goes bad they lose support because they're losing support. The political affiliation is inconsequential.

You asked the question,"Is there any proof at all that the size of the attendees(should be 'crowds') at Trump's rallies has any impact at all on those that do not attend the rallies? "

The answer is yes it does. Just as it does for Biden, or Gillibrand(sp?) or anyone else.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #38
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern2814 View Post
You just keep clinging to that. You'll need the flotation device after the tears start flowing from you lefties on Election Night 2020.
I was elated when Trump won......every week he has let me down more. Helsinki was the point of no return. I actually don't care for him or his skeevy low down ways at all now. He hasn't got USA into any new wars is about the only thing I can tolerate about him now.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #39
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
I don't know if you are being purposefully obtuse or if you are just a little slow on the up-take.
He's afraid to agree with you. He thinks it's pro-trump to agree on something that should be obvious. IMO you made your point clearly and effectively. It's not a partisan question. Of course crowd size matters and impacts the views and perceptions of other voters. That's why candidates on both sides hire expensive political consultants to brag up good turnouts and conceal sparse ones.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #40
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
He's afraid to agree with you. He thinks it's pro-trump to agree on something that should be obvious. IMO you made your point clearly and effectively. It's not a partisan question. Of course crowd size matters and impacts the views and perceptions of other voters. That's why candidates on both sides hire expensive political consultants to brag up good turnouts and conceal sparse ones.
There are many voters who don't attend any rallies.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #41
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:

it's all about the Electoral College. this yammering about the popular vote gets ya nothing. do you want to do away with it? good luck with that. and consider the consequences if that happens. there will come a day when a democrat will lose a popular vote election for president but the "old" system will show that they would have won under the Electoral College. what do ya do then? yell for it to be reinstated? how typical of the left. cry foul when the rules don't work in their favor.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #42
matchingmole
Valued Poster

TRump only won by 70K votes to win the EC......
Old 08-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #43
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
TRump won

FTFY
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #44
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Don't waste your time disproving SC, YR, MM and others. They are simply trolling.
We all know how insightful and witty you are. You are so insightful you support the King Troll DJT.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a Joke. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #45
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
There are many voters who don't attend any rallies.
Of course. What's your point?

All ducbutter is saying is their perception is still affected by whether ANYONE ELSE does (or doesn't) attend a candidate's rallies.
lustylad is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women