Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47430
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Well maybe I am naive however, I personally feel that Julian Assange has done something good by exposing secrets that powerful officials want to keep secret, and for not so good intentions. I see wiki as a sort of checks and balances on the powers that be that we might not otherwise have in this country. With the internet comes free access to information and on bad government behavior.

The people who are most opposed to this site are the ones who don't want the dirty secrets to come out. Our government hides way to much from us as it is.

Secrecy breeds corruption and does little but foster suspicion from the whole world.
I agree with you. I also think the so called rape scandal was something implemented on him and never happened. I think the guy is smart. Way too smart and he will suffer for it. Unfortunately.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
We already have a set of checks and balances that has been in place for over 200 years, we don't need the internet and attention grabbing Assange doing it for us. There's a fine line between making politicians weekend expenditures transparent and putting confidential military information online that may endanger US lives. Personally I don't think the general public is ready to handle complete transparency. Riots have started over basketball games do you really think it prudent to allow masses access to information never intended for their consumption? Information always comes at a price.
I disagree. Potential military information is spread out already no matter what. What did not happen is that potential abusers of power were not handled correctly. I personally think its outrageous what happens and under what circumstances things happen. But i see the point in harming lives. I do see that and i agree with you. But Assange is no more attention seeking than anyone else. ANd yes - me the masses have the right to know certain things that happen in my government. I have a right to know what i support with my taxes and my votes. I am personally outraged that my country sells weapons to Iran. Its simply outrageous. Not because they sell it to Iran but because they sell it anyway.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #18
MyKindaParty
Gaining Momentum

I think Wiki is garbage. Personal or confidential should be kept that way. We all have our secrets. What if they leaked your info from here or elsewhere?
MyKindaParty is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #19
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaParty View Post
I think Wiki is garbage. Personal or confidential should be kept that way. We all have our secrets. What if they leaked your info from here or elsewhere?
so be it. why should the whistleblower be worse than the one who hides stuff for pretentious reasons? Having secrets is a way of manipulatins already.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #20
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
So does that means things like Teapot Dome, Watergate and Iran-Contra should been kept secret as well?

Is there a line where things should be public or private?

Who decides?

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
MyKindaParty
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazomaniac View Post
So does that means things like Teapot Dome, Watergate and Iran-Contra should been kept secret as well?

Who decides?

Cheers,
Mazo.
Good point. Maybe everyone who breaks a law should have their name and pic broadcast on the news. Seems fair.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Good point. Maybe everyone who breaks a law should have their name and pic broadcast on the news. Seems fair.
OK, so now here's the really hard one:

One of the big WikiLeaks releases was the video of the US helicopter strike of 12 July 2007 in Iraq.

There are many, many international law and military experts who believe that the helicopter pilots and their commanders committed a war crime in that incident by firing on people coming to the aid of those wounded in the first attack. Two unarmed people trying to help a wounded man were killed and two children seriously wounded in the second attack that day.

The Geneva Convention specifically gives protection to those who "collect and care" for the wounded in a war zone "whether friend or foe" but the US government denies that there was a problem with the actions taken that day.

So what do you do now? Is it right to release the tape if you believe a crime was committed?

These are not easy problems . . . .

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #23
MyKindaParty
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
so be it. why should the whistleblower be worse than the one who hides stuff for pretentious reasons? Having secrets is a way of manipulatins already.
I my opinion yes they are. I simply was raised that way. I keep my mouth closed about what my neighbor does and pay the penalty for what I get caught doing. Whistleblower's typically are trying to get out of what they done such as Wiki's owner. Which of course is manipulation itself. Therefore as Thomas Jefferson said " What business is it of mine what my neighbor does?" The iran contra scandal and watergate had zero effect on my life.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Who decides?

Cheers,
Mazo.
I am guessing those aren't government secrets, or you wouldn't be bringing them up.

But what about the Manhattan Project, the Enigma machine, Operation Overlord, Operation Chromite, or troop deployments for Operation Desert Storm or subsequent military engagements? Or the technology behind the SR-71 and B-2?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
One of the big WikiLeaks releases was the video of the US helicopter strike of 12 July 2007 in Iraq.
That video, when first relesed, was edited to omit the men carrying the RPG and the AK-47s. Now who is being dishonest?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #26
MyKindaParty
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
OK, so now here's the really hard one:

There are many, many international law and military experts who believe that the helicopter pilots and their commanders committed a war crime in that incident by firing on people coming to the aid of those wounded in the first attack. Two unarmed people trying to help a wounded man were killed and two children seriously wounded in the second attack that day.

The Geneva Convention specifically gives protection to those who "collect and care" for the wounded in a war zone "whether friend or foe" but the US government denies that there was a problem with the actions taken that day.

So what do you do now? Is it right to release the tape if you believe a crime was committed?

These are not easy problems . . . .

Cheers,
Mazo.
If I saw someone killed on the street sure. As for military and being from a family with 4 WWII veterans including my father the answer is no I would not. Even though Dad got screwed by them. If you are a member of the military the answer is usually easy. There are a few that differ but not many. It's kinda like who decides what is a war crime during war. Who is it fair to Kill? Why is it fair to kill them? If we see it as fair to kill should civilians who have no clue as to what it is like to be here judge us for it?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #27
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
I agree with you. I also think the so called rape scandal was something implemented on him and never happened. I think the guy is smart. Way too smart and he will suffer for it. Unfortunately.
Without a doubt that was created in an effort to get him and arrest him. I don't think people are that dumb? Oh wait.. maybe some are! *shakes head* Some will just believe anything.

Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
That video, when first relesed, was edited to omit the men carrying the RPG and the AK-47s. Now who is being dishonest?
You are.

I'm not talking about the first attack on the reporters. That was clearly inside the rules of engagement and consistent with Geneva principles.

I'm talking about the second attack - the one the US constantly refuses to even talk about.

The second attack was on two people who drove up to the scene in a mini-van. They saw a wounded man on the road, got out, and started trying to help him into the van to take him for care. For that they got killed and the two kids in the van seriously wounded. Those people weren't armed and the US has never even suggested that they were.

I've seen two basic camps on this second attack: 1) it's a war crime, and 2) let's change the subject.

I agree with you that the first attack was in bounds. No question there. It's a sad fuck up that the civilians were killed in the first attack but I don't see anything illegal about it.

Firing on people coming to aid the wounded, though, is way, way outside the lines of Geneva and I've never heard anybody argue that what happened in the second attack didn't cross those lines. Whenever you bring it up people just say - as you did - "well, there was an AK-47 there . . . . "

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #29
MyKindaParty
Gaining Momentum

Quote:

Who decides?

Cheers,
Mazo.
Yep as I B said those aren't government secrets. Simply government officials who got caught breaking the law. Though I would have enjoyed Ashley Dupree's pics even if it were a government secret leaked by Wiki.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #30
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yep as I B said those aren't government secrets. Simply government officials who got caught breaking the law. Though I would have enjoyed Ashley Dupree's pics even if it were a government secret leaked by Wiki.
Iran-Contra was, in fact, a government "secret". In fact, most of the material surrounding the actual arms transactions is still classified. We won't fully know what happened - and whether Reagan was or was not aware of it - until the archives are declassified in 20-30 years or so.

The initial transactions of the Teapot Dome scandal were also kept secret under the guise of government interest. At the time the oil fields were initially leased the Secretary of Interior sealed the non-competitive bids he gave out on the leases in an attempt to hide his involvement the affair. It's one of the things that led to open-bid contracts in government.

Finally, Watergate was all about secrecy. Nixon didn't get in trouble for burglary, he got in trouble for using the resources of the government to try and hide what was going on.

All of these incidents involved the use of government secrecy mechanism in one form or another. All of them also involved individuals who leaked information to the media in order to end the corruption. Seems pretty on-point to me.

Cheers,
Mazo.

Cheers,
Mazo.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women