Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70393
biomed160356
Yssup Rider59872
gman4452879
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47448
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37066
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35206
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2018, 01:25 AM   #1
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation If you're driving on I-10 this weekend (really anywhere in Houston) you better watch your speed.

TX2K is here all weekend & it draws 10's of thousands of street racers from all over the country which means the local police & DPS are out in force, stopped on the shoulders, both left & right sides, on I-10 in numbers bigger then I have ever seen.

Most of the hotels west of the Beltway on I-10 are filled with racers & the event is officially in Baytown, so I-10 is the main stretch most drivers are using, but I'm sure the police presence is beefed up on many other local freeways as well.

Tonight I got on I-10 at Shepard & had to drive about 35 miles west to the Grand Parkway & then I turned right around & headed back towards downtown.

I saw at least 2 dozen police stopped on the west & east bound sides of the freeway. I actually lost count both times, when I was driving west & then back east. They were really at just about every exit.

I'm not kidding when I tell you people are doing 50 MPH on I-10 right now, I swear.

I'm sure the general public is trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

And most likely it will be worse tomorrow night with the main event & St. Patrick's day overlapping.

Safe travels all!
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #2
Alana kay
Top Elite Latina MILF

User ID: 230664
My ECCIE Reviews

I saw the same. Drive safely.

XOXO AK
Alana kay is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:19 AM   #3
MASTODON
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

This is legit info. Also, if you have a flashy car be extra careful.

Watch out for the racers too. Vroom vroom!
MASTODON is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

I guess this means for a few days I won't feel like I'm parked on I10 ...

.... when I do the speed limit .
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #5
Lincoln.F.Stern
Account Disabled

Thank God I know the alternate routes around town plus to and from my job at I-10 and dairy ashford
Lincoln.F.Stern is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #6
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Yehaw, glad I saw this! Was considering going to the St. Paddy's Day party this afternoon at the Saint Arnold's Brewery off 1-10 downtown. https://www.saintarnold.com/st-patricks-day/

Methinks we'll detour to one of the many other area shamrockin' events. My companion for the day HATES traffic, and has a wee bit of a leprechaun lead foot. Thanks, Brooke!
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
Lincoln.F.Stern
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
Yehaw, glad I saw this! Was considering going to the St. Paddy's Day party this afternoon at the Saint Arnold's Brewery off 1-10 downtown. https://www.saintarnold.com/st-patricks-day/

Methinks we'll detour to one of the many other area shamrockin' events. My companion for the day HATES traffic, and has a wee bit of a leprechaun lead foot. Thanks, Brooke!
if you are coming in from the north side you can skirt over to 59/69 then go inbound on 10 and get to St. Arnolds
or exit Calvacade, go east to Hardy st. then south..
Lincoln.F.Stern is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
El_Carnicero
Gaining Momentum

Yup TX2k18
El_Carnicero is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #9
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen! I did make it to St. Arnold's (along with other fun-filled stops), and was only on I-10 after exiting I-45 for all of a minute. Smooth sailing. Great bands at the brewery gig (Tomfoolery and Dead Rabbits rocked!), funny contests, games, interesting and educational craft beer tour. Ended Saturday at a pub on a lake having Jameson (of course) plus corned beef and cabbage, which FYI is an AMERICAN Irish tradition, not actually a popular dish on the Emerald Isle. Shillelagh polishing occurred soon thereafter. Sunday was awesome, too. Just a sin-sational St. Paddy's weekend!

By the way, cool avatar, El_C!
Old 03-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #10
Alyssa71
Account Frozen

User ID: 347380
My ECCIE Reviews

^^ Sounds delightful!
Alyssa71 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #11
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Went to the country place Friday night and saw more popo than ever on a state hwy than I have ever seen.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #12
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Went to the country place Friday night and saw more popo than ever on a state hwy than I have ever seen.

Y
ep! Over the weekend I noticed a huge number of LE units patrolling, too. In MoCo, I saw one fellow on his face on the ground getting handcuffed while another was being frisked against a car, line of wreckers waiting to haul the vehicle off. Looked like there were beer cans tumbling out of the driver's side door!

I bet Uber made a mint off the people who hadn't drowned all of their brain cells in booze, and county coffers got big boosts on tickets and fines. Can't say I'm not happy that
dangerous "Irish for the day" amateur drinkers seeing leprechauns riding unicorns with mermaids on shotgun were taken off the roads.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:03 AM   #13
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Bumping this because TX2K2 is back in town (now through Sunday) & traffic/speed enforcement is insane.

I just got to my place downtown & on the way I already noticed cops sitting on the shoulder lanes & numerous people pulled over on I-10 between highway 6 & downtown. Far more then I've ever seen on a Wednesday night.

So watch your speed. I'd say more "normal" people are getting pulled over vs. "racers" since the racers know this event is taking place.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women