Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default MAP SHOWS HIGH GUN OWNERSHIP = LOW CRIME

Maps made by the U.N. office on Drugs and Crime (circa 2007) clearly show that where gun ownership is highest in the world, crime is lowest on a per capita basis.

As these maps show, "more guns, less crime" is true internationally as well as domestically.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
dtymh55
Valued Poster

I agree.,Having no guns leads to genocide in some cases.
dtymh55 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Or, taking away gun ownership rights leads to mass scale killings - genocide...

Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Maps made by the U.N. office on Drugs and Crime (circa 2007) clearly show that where gun ownership is highest in the world, crime is lowest on a per capita basis.

As these maps show, "more guns, less crime" is true internationally as well as domestically.
True, but very misleading. Are you going to compare the U.S against countries like Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, etc., or compare the U.S. against countries with similar demographics?

Gun homicides and gun ownership by country

The United States has the highest gun ownership rate in the world and the highest per capita rate of firearm-related murders of all developed countries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...nership/table/
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The statisticians are clueless how many guns are in the US..........there is NO reliable count because guns are not registered !
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
timpage
Account Disabled

The number of crimes prevented by guns is statistically insignificant. I always wonder how Lott-worshippers measure those things.

Are there large numbers of robberies that are thwarted when the victim pulls out a gun and drives away the robber? Hardly ever hear about those. Every once in a while, you'll see a security video like the one of the old man in the market pulling out a pistol and running some criminals off. But, truly....how often does such a thing happen? How many more times is the robbery "successful" because the robber has easy access to a handgun and uses it in the robbery?

Every few months, you'll read about a homeowner shooting a burglar. I bet that happens once every 10,000 burglaries or so. Contrast that with the dozens of people shot every day in gun-related criminal violence.

The whole idea that guns make us safer is absurd. Whirly's map with the pretty pink colors indicates the United States ought to be the safest place in the world. But, we have one of the highest murder rates in the world. Look at England: no guns, almost no murders with guns. Japan: no guns, almost no murders with guns....and on and on.

The premise that guns make us safer is nonsense. Around 30,000 firearm deaths a year in the United States. Around 80-90 Americans will die today from a gunshot wound. Several have died while I typed out this post. I read the other day that firearms deaths will exceed deaths from motor vehicle accidents sometime in 2015.

By the way Whirlybird....Ask the parents of those 20 dead six year olds at Sandy Hook how much safer guns made their children. Aren't you proud that we live in a country where such an event can take place because of the easy accessibility of an assault rifle? Twenty little boys and girls sitting in there classroom one minute, and shot to pieces with an assault rifle the next. You may be OK with that. I'm not.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
The statisticians are clueless how many guns are in the US..........there is NO reliable count because guns are not registered !
Yet you are the one who posted the original data. All of it is subjective, the source you posted and the source I posted. But both sources are saying the exact same thing -- the U.S. has highest gun ownership per capita in the world -- by far.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

It is the UN data and report......argue with them...don't believe their report.............they are making the case that

More Guns = Less Homicides !
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
It is the UN data and report......argue with them...don't believe their report.............they are making the case that

More Guns = Less Homicides !
First, I am not disputing the data. It all seems very realistic.

However, organizations such as the U.N. and the CDC usually do not draw conclusions from the data, but rather just present the data and let others draw conclusions, sometimes incorrectly.

All I'm saying is that stating that the data "clearly show that where gun ownership is highest in the world, crime is lowest on a per capita basis." is a very misleading statement until you break it down further. IMHO, you have to compare countries with similar demographics before you can reach any conclusions. The countries that have low gun ownership and high homicide rates are countries like Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, South Africa, Venezuela, Hondura, etc. Hardly comparable to the U.S. Countries with similar demographics to the U.S., such as Canada, Germany, U.K., Japan, Ireland, France, etc., have much lower homicides by gun per 100,000 people than the U.S.

No matter how you break down the data, it supports the fact that we have a problem in the U.S. with homicide by handgun compared to other similar countries.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The number of crimes prevented by guns is statistically insignificant. Link?

Several have died while I typed out this post. Well, then, for God's sake, STOP POSTING!!
Cars are dangerous, knives are dangerous, football is dangerous, cooking is dangerous, alcohol is certainly dangerous. How much freedom are you willing to give up for safety?

And your inference that anyone who doesn't support gun confiscation supports what Adam Lanza is ridiculous. Had current laws been enforced, he wouldn't have had the gun. Had the medical establishment listened to his mother, he wouldn't have had the opportunity.

Face it, Timmy, you simply want to use this as an excuse to give the government more control over our lives.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #12
timpage
Account Disabled

Cars, knives, football, cooking and booze have shit to do with what we're talking about. It's a dodge that makes you feel more comfortable with the idea that you support a policy that results in children being slaughtered while attending first grade classes. Whatever you need to do to live with it bud.

I refuse to say I'm OK with living in a country where 20 six year olds being shot to death is acceptable. You can say it, and you have repeatedly. Good for you. You're fucking nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Cars are dangerous, knives are dangerous, football is dangerous, cooking is dangerous, alcohol is certainly dangerous. How much freedom are you willing to give up for safety?

And your inference that anyone who doesn't support gun confiscation supports what Adam Lanza is ridiculous. Had current laws been enforced, he wouldn't have had the gun. Had the medical establishment listened to his mother, he wouldn't have had the opportunity.

Face it, Timmy, you simply want to use this as an excuse to give the government more control over our lives.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

No one thinks that is acceptable. That is your problem. We differ on the solution. Anytime something goes wrong, your knee jerk reaction is more government. And you obviously didn't read my entire post. What a fucking waste of time you are.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
timpage
Account Disabled

I read your post. Another 20 seconds of my life I wish I had back.

It says what you always say. The big scary government is going to get us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
No one thinks that is acceptable. That is your problem. We differ on the solution. Anytime something goes wrong, your knee jerk reaction is more government. And you obviously didn't read my entire post. What a fucking waste of time you are.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The big scary government is going to get us all.
Well, at least you've been warned. And yes, it will, unless we have the balls to stop it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women