Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47425
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 04-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
"SLICKBACK"
BANNED

Default "THE HOBBY - VS - THE ECONOMY"

Over the past couple years we have seen a terrible economy across america affecting many americans, and numerous cities. Men and women from all job sectors have been laid off, had their employers shut down, and have been down sized losing if not all of their income, major percentages of their income. On top of that many people have had their credit pulled or reduced by many of the credit card companies, have lost the equity in their homes to borrow against, or in many cases have lost their home all together in forclosure. This topic focuses on how has the economy affected the hobby? Naturally one would think that hobbiest are playing less with less dependable or lower incomes, but at the same time many markets across the country have seen craigslist, backpage, eros ads, and boards like ECCIE ads boom with new providers. In many markets you see highly educated professional women, MILF types, mother next door types, school teachers etc. running ads for the first time with very reasonable rates. I guess the old saying " a womans gotta do what a womans gotta do" is not wrong after all. You can check backpage ads in markets like Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston and most of the time its like a price war between providers. I saw the ad for one provider that at one time had a $400 per hour rate with a 3 hour minimum running a $150 half hour ad and a $100 quickie. I have seen legitimate ads not LE for as low as $35, the reason you know they are legitis because the same girls were running ads a year ago at $100-150 many with decent reviews. In the pinch of things I know many dawgs that use to use that credit card cash advance to float their hobby. At one time banks were throwing credit cards out so easy, that many hobbiest had 2 maybe 3 credit cards the wife knew nothing about they were charging hobby related expenses on. I know of several business executive types and a politican or two that lost their jobs because they abused charge privledges charging hobby expenses, so their is no doubt the economy has taken its toll on the hobby, hobbiest, and providers.
"SLICKBACK" is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

User ID: 3105
My ECCIE Reviews

I believe the number of new providers popping up is a direct reflection of the economic downturn in recent years. Increases in the number of providers, significant drops in donations and donation haggling by hobbyists are all tell-tale signs that people are trying desperately to hold on to their place in this little fantasy world, and are willing to make compromises in ways that they might not have considered prior to the recession.

Some highly educated professional women, faced with layoffs, wage decreases or impending job loss, have turned to providing as a way to make ends meet while they seek new employment. Other providers are wives or mothers working to take care of their families during the recession. Of course, you have the old standby group of college co-eds earning tuition money or extra cash during undergrad or grad school. And then there are the classics... the ladies that have been around a while and usually stand the test of time, recession or not.

On the hobbyist side, I sense conflicting needs. On one hand, the gentlemen are feeling more inclined to save money and minimize frivolous spending. On the other hand, the intense personal stress that seems to accompany any recession seems to create a stronger desire for personal companionship as a sort of "escape" from the realities of today's economy and its associated frustrations.

The fact that gentlemen still want to hobby, but are on a limited budget, coupled with the providers' continued needs to earn steady, reliable income, births a strange cycle of haggling/price-cuts of which most providers aren't very fond... but speaks volumes about the resiliency of the hobby and the tenacity of both providers and hobbyists when it comes to fulfilling their hobby duties.

While some of us are privileged enough to enjoy providing as a hobby, and not as a primary source of income, others are struggling to make ends meet on 2-3 appointments per week. Say what you will about providers' cash habits, but without hobbyists spending their hard-earned cash, it our earning potential is just that: potential. The reality is that things are slow. Very slow.

By taking three appointments at an extremely discounted donation of $150/hour per week, a provider is bringing home $450/week or $1,800/month. Add in costs of incall locations and supplies (on top of existing housing arrangements, transportation, phone and advertising), health insurance, medications and checkups, plus the usual gas, groceries and utilities, and the danger factor in seeing new clients that could be LE or psychotic assholes, and many ladies are beyond stressed out.

My polite suggestion: We ladies don't contact the hobbyists asking them to spend more money on a session than they normally would. Gentlemen, please don't contact the ladies in attempts to negotiate their existing donation down even further - especially if the lady is already running a special. It's insulting, degrading and rude.

What can you do to try to stretch your hobby dollar? Several things:
(1) Watch the ads for specials. Maybe someone on your "to-do" list will surprise you.
(2) Sign up for your favorite ladies' email newsletters and Fan Clubs if they have them. I often send out secret specials to my subscribers, and know my friends do as well. Take advantage of them!
(3) Ask if your lady offers any incentive for pre-booking or scheduling multiple appointments at once. Many providers will gladly offer a discount to a gentleman she views as an enjoyable and reliable visitor.
(4) Schedule longer sessions or doubles to get more bang for your buck.

Things are rough now, but they will look up eventually. They always do.
Natalie Reign is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

First of all, SLICKBACK, the "ENTER" button is your friend. Hit it every couple of sentences. Your readers will appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualcheri View Post

On the hobbyist side, I sense conflicting needs. On one hand, the gentlemen are feeling more inclined to save money and minimize frivolous spending. On the other hand, the intense personal stress that seems to accompany any recession seems to create a stronger desire for personal companionship as a sort of "escape" from the realities of today's economy and its associated frustrations.

I think you are right. Gents may change "how" they participate, but they won't quit.

Similarly, I had a bartender friend of mine tell me she felt like her job is recession proof. Her customers may change what they are buying, but they are still coming in. The fellowship at the pub (& the booze) is one of the ways they deal with stress, even with limited funds.

Quote:

(3) Ask if your lady offers any incentive for pre-booking or scheduling multiple appointments at once. Many providers will gladly offer a discount to a gentleman she views as an enjoyable and reliable visitor.
This is the one that I think troubles some "good" guys. The convention seems to be looking for specials or discounts is okay, but asking for specials is inappropiate and they may be labeled a "haggeler" or "cheap"
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Yeah, I watch the ads/discounts closely that the ladies post. But I would never, ever ask for a discount or haggle.

I just decided to NOT call a lady because she charges an extra $50 for an outcall. I know, I know...it is pretty standard, or even low. But in this case, I know she lives just a few blocks away. If someone is going to spend 20-30 minutes away each way, I don't have a bitch with that kind of fee. However, paying that for 5-10 minutes is something I choose not to spend.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
petiteassman
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default while haggling or bargaining

can be rude or demeaning sometimes its just a part of life. one might see ads for a provider they would love to see but cant afford 300 this week but might be able to swing 200. the polite thing is to look elsewhere which results in hobbyiest not seeing his dream girl or the provider not having the opportunity to earn any of this guys business. perhaps a pm honest and heartfelt along the lines of " while ive always dreamed of meeting you my budget does not allow it, while not likely if you ever do run specials that might allow myself to indulge would you please email or post on board as i promise i would treat myself" this way the provider need not even respond but if its something she might entertain she has the option without having someone say ill give you 200 take it or leave it. perhaps even offering to visit at off times ie early morning might make an economical intelude doable for both parties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
First of all, SLICKBACK, the "ENTER" button is your friend. Hit it every couple of sentences. Your readers will appreciate it.

I think you are right. Gents may change "how" they participate, but they won't quit.

Similarly, I had a bartender friend of mine tell me she felt like her job is recession proof. Her customers may change what they are buying, but they are still coming in. The fellowship at the pub (& the booze) is one of the ways they deal with stress, even with limited funds.

This is the one that I think troubles some "good" guys. The convention seems to be looking for specials or discounts is okay, but asking for specials is inappropiate and they may be labeled a "haggeler" or "cheap"
petiteassman is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Default Maybe someone can unravel this for me

I have paid a lot of attention to how providers seem to feel about their rates.

And the business aspect notwithstanding; when dealing with a woman, it seems to me that her feelings are very important.

And what I have understood over time is that any attempt to negotiate price whatsoever is fundamentally demeaning to the provider *as a person*.

Obviously, demeaning somebody is seriously incompatible with lovemaking. Yes?

But then a lady who usually charges X -- and who clearly states that offering her a penny less is a grave insult -- runs a special for X-100. WTF? Last week X-100 would have been an insult but THIS week it isn't?

For that reason I have never seen a woman at a "special" rate. I have already had it pounded into my head that anything less than her full rate is a gravely demeaning insult.

So when she advertises a special rate; I become confused. It seems that if that amount of money would have been a grave insult last week; it should be one this week too.

So I've never seen a lady at a special rate. If anything, I've actively avoided it.

There are a lot of really sharp ladies here. Maybe one will help me unravel this and explain it to me a bit.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
So I've never seen a lady at a special rate. If anything, I've actively avoided it.
L--

Do yourself and the lady a favor...see her. I don't know this for sure, but I think the ladies tend to offer their specials when they are in need of cash. They can catch some clients that would not otherwise see them.

So even though it might have been an insult last week, it may be a lifesaver this week. You are at the same time meeting their needs and yours.

Let's see...there's an old saying about killing two birds with one stone...
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76
Default Aren't We Special?

What kills me are the ads some ladies post and claim they are having a special, but it is the same $250.00 they have been asking for all year.

I am not going to try to tell ladies how to run their business model or how to market themselves, but just using the word special, without lowering rates will create buyer remorse on my part, and I will simply stop calling.

The market is competitive, so if you are going to use the word special, you need to actually lower the rate or offer some new or different service. If you don't wish to lower your price fine, but do not call the rate you have used all year, a special, just because you don't feel like pulling out a thesaurus and finding a few adjectives.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
"SLICKBACK"
BANNED

Philmore Slim the original Hollywood pimp said it best, back in the great depression "no matter how bad it got if a guy had a dollar he would buy pussy before cotton or corn", and " no matter how strong her morals or pride HARD TIMES will turn a housewife, teacher or nurse into a whore"
"SLICKBACK" is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Gentlemen, please don't contact the ladies in attempts to negotiate their existing donation down even further - especially if the lady is already running a special. It's insulting, degrading and rude.
Although I can understand that haggling might be considered rude, I've always had a hard time understanding why it (or a lot of things) would be degrading or insulting. In order to be degraded or insulted, you first have to give someone the power over your feelings to degrade or insult you. You can only be insulted or degraded by someone whose opinion of you, you value more than your own. Why not just say, ``No thanks,'' and not see someone who wants to haggle without taking it personally?

Quote:
Why would you not consider this haggling? I've never haggled and so I've never asked for a discount or asked about specials. I'm sure I hate haggling as much as providers do. But, that works both ways. I figure that if a provider wanted to give me a special rate for some reason, I shouldn't have needed to ask about incentives. To me that is just one-sided haggling.
npita is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women