Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 12-01-2023, 09:37 AM   #1
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Why don’t republicans want to hear Hunter in public forum???

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ant-him-to-yet

Hey all the defenders of freedom of speech. Why do republicans NOT want to have Hunter Biden testify in public and prefer to do it behind closed door.
Could it be so they can put their spin on the answers?
That’s my thoughts.
What are yours??
mtnitlion is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:29 AM   #2
Chase7
Valued Poster

It has a name “The Swamp” their all in it together, both sides.Both sides have all these investigations, nothing becomes of any of them.
Trump was impeached twice. If you have majority in the house you can impeach anybody for anything, it’s a simple majority of vote.
They have enough on Biden to impeach him, so what if they do.

How do people with a salary of less than $200,000.00 become multimillionaires. This is our banana government now.

All this BLM, LGBTQIA, Abortion, Forgiveness of Student Loans is all political BS. Neither side give a flip it’s all rhetoric for control.

Both sides are afraid of any outsider like Trump. They’re trying to tear down JFK Jr, why!.
They’re all scared he’ll change the swamp. Starting with the FBI, IRS and the Green New Deal.
Their all getting rich off the Green New Deal, including China.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:05 AM   #3
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post
It has a name “The Swamp” their all in it together, both sides.Both sides have all these investigations, nothing becomes of any of them.
Trump was impeached twice. If you have majority in the house you can impeach anybody for anything, it’s a simple majority of vote.
They have enough on Biden to impeach him, so what if they do.

How do people with a salary of less than $200,000.00 become multimillionaires. This is our banana government now.

All this BLM, LGBTQIA, Abortion, Forgiveness of Student Loans is all political BS. Neither side give a flip it’s all rhetoric for control.

Both sides are afraid of any outsider like Trump. They’re trying to tear down JFK Jr, why!.
They’re all scared he’ll change the swamp. Starting with the FBI, IRS and the Green New Deal.
Their all getting rich off the Green New Deal, including China.
I see the bullshit as you called it is all items blamed on democrats. And you conveniently skipped Clarence Thomas’ kick backs and gifts, Santos’ thefts and misuse off campaign money, trumps attempts to steal the election by making claims of voter fraud with no evidence.
You are not giving a reason for republicans not wanting to hear Biden in public. Can you answer that or is your answer redirecting the subject.
Actually you are off topic?????
mtnitlion is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:30 AM   #4
Chase7
Valued Poster

I said both sides are corrupt, in it together. How did you miss that. The truth never comes out of any investigations on either side.

By saying they’re all in it together, the investigation is simply worthless political posturing.

By the way, I never said bullshit. If you’re going to create a thread you shouldn’t treat people that respond like you have.
Again a never said bullshit or accused any individual of anything or supported anyone or side.

How can I be off topic everything I said “was on Topic” Your simply trying to have me banned.
Maybe you shouldn’t start a thread if you can’t except the responses.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:04 PM   #5
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

"Both sides are corrupt" = we realize we can no longer defend the GOP with a straight face, so it must be that everyone in government is equally corrupt on both sides

Lol

Is there corruption on both sides? Sure. Is all corruption created equal? No fucking way.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:09 PM   #6
Chase7
Valued Poster

I’m in no way defending anyone or party.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:17 PM   #7
tommy156
BANNED

I never said you were, but to brush off what the MAGA party is doing by saying "they're all corrupt on both sides" is just lazy and gives their behavior a pass.

There is only one political party in this country who refuses to certify elections, who refuses to participate in the peaceful transfer of power, who suggests that the Constitution be "suspended" if they don't get their way... and it ain't the Democrats.

Why is it so hard for MAGA to call out the bullshit in their own house without mentioning Democrats or "both sides"??

And why doesn't MAGA want a public hearing for their boogeyman du jour, Hunter Biden?
Old 12-01-2023, 12:39 PM   #8
Chase7
Valued Poster

I try to stay out of these name calling threads, made a mistake again.
Just a few do it, it’s why others don’t post.
It doesn’t make for good banter.
Have at it.

Bye bye!
Old 12-01-2023, 01:38 PM   #9
tommy156
BANNED

Can't defend MAGA Republicans confirmed
Old 12-01-2023, 01:39 PM   #10
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Because if he does actually testify, everything they've been trying to do goes under water because he can sink their ship.

They know when the other side starts to play their own games, that they are screwed.
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:33 PM   #11
OldProfessor
Registered Member

It is my understanding that there is quite a difference between public and closed hearings. Public is the type we are used to where each questioner gets 5 minutes to ask their questions and as we all know both parties much more prefer to grandstand in front of the cameras and try to make political points and sound bites. The witness knows if they can dance and BS for the 5 minutes they can beat the clock.
The behind closed door ones are much more like a real hearing where there are no five minute time limits and no chance for politicians to grandstand or the witness to bob and weave. Questions can be asked and developed to obtain much deeper investigation and information. It would seem that any witness with something to hide would choose the public version then can say "i testified" but not really have to give much information.
I am sure it is more complicated than my reason, but seemed like a good layman's answer.
OldProfessor is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:45 PM   #12
tommy156
BANNED

Certainly fair points there, professor
Old 12-04-2023, 04:14 PM   #13
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... VERY fair points, Professor. ... Thanks for posting them.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 08:24 PM   #14
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default Title of this Thread is INCORRECT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnitlion View Post
Why do republicans NOT want to have Hunter Biden testify in public and prefer to do it behind closed door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
And why doesn't MAGA want a public hearing for their boogeyman du jour, Hunter Biden?
You guys are both wrong. You swallowed the initial false MSM narrative and failed to look up what's really going on.

The House Committee issuing the subpoena wants Hunter to testify BOTH in private and in public hearings. That's the way it's normally done. First, you conduct the private hearings as depositions. No time limits, ample opportunity for follow-up questions. THEN you do the public hearings. Live cameras, 5-minute time limits, grandstanding and sound bites. OldProfessor explained the difference well in his post #11 above.

Hunter's attorney is cherry-picking when he says Hunter is willing to do the public hearing, but not the private one. He is asking for special treatment for his client. He knew the House Committee would say no, Hunter's gotta do BOTH hearings, just like everyone else. Then he could falsely spin it to suggest his client is willing to testify, but the GOP isn't really interested in finding out the facts or the truth.

Hunter's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, justified his request for special treatment by claiming closed sessions can be selectively leaked and used to manipulate the facts. (Hmm... could he have been thinking of Adam Schiff?)

The House Committee responded to Lowell's (phony) concerns this way:

"...if it helps to alleviate your stated concerns, you should be aware that, consistent with House and Committee rules and practice, we intend to videotape the deposition and release the deposition transcript soon after its completion”

https://oversight.house.gov/release/...-hunter-biden/
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:43 AM   #15
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldProfessor View Post
It is my understanding that there is quite a difference between public and closed hearings. Public is the type we are used to where each questioner gets 5 minutes to ask their questions and as we all know both parties much more prefer to grandstand in front of the cameras and try to make political points and sound bites. The witness knows if they can dance and BS for the 5 minutes they can beat the clock.
The behind closed door ones are much more like a real hearing where there are no five minute time limits and no chance for politicians to grandstand or the witness to bob and weave. Questions can be asked and developed to obtain much deeper investigation and information. It would seem that any witness with something to hide would choose the public version then can say "i testified" but not really have to give much information.
I am sure it is more complicated than my reason, but seemed like a good layman's answer.

To piggy back off of this, all the members of congress act like normal people in closed door hearings, but they act like they are on reality TV whenever it is a public hearing. People on both sides.

And if you ask me, if you're running for office so that you can appear popular on TV and so that people are talking about how you act... you aren't fit for office. Regardless of the party or where you stand on matters. Leading the country shouldn't be treated as a PR game
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women