Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > North and East Texas > The Sandbox - North and East Texas
The Sandbox - North and East Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160551
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35352
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1548
Default Food and Local Color

In an attempt to get some contributions inthis forum, What interesting or just plain GOOd places to eat do you have in your area?

Perhaps a visiting Provider might want some good food and not want to go the Chain extablishment route.
So Post a city and give a suggestion, especially a lesser known place.

I will offer this out of the way place in Orange. It is called Peggy's On the Bayou on Roundbunch Road close to plants, on Cow Bayou. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Naturally, heavy on the seafood menu ( "bugs", alligator, shrimp, crab), but also FANTASTIC hamburgers on jalepeno Buns and chicken fried steak. Food was delicious ( and I do NOT like seafood) and comfortably priced. Tonight ( Thurs, Fri, and Sat) live entertainment ( the place has maybe 10 tables, that's all), a guy ( he had a name, but it didn't mean anything to me, might ot natives in the area) playing a keyboard and singing sort of 60ish, cajun,Elvis mix. and he was decent. I did not even want to pay him to STOP, like I usually do. It had " ATMOSPHERE" and "LOCAL COLOR". I did not see beer on the menu, which was odd for the area.

OK, Now where are your suggestions for the area you live in or near?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
srvfin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Unlike Trees, I love seafood! Favorite current spot is Floyd's in Beaumont. Fresh gulf raw oysters, shrimp of all kinds, some crab bisque that is just too rich to eat, and these overstuffed crab meat stuffed fried jalapenos that are just divine. The gumbo is fantastic, just like my old grandpa used to make! Full bar also. So if you're heading into town and would like to go, just pm me. My rates are..... (just kidding).

Lemontrees, I take it you are over the bridge from me in either BC or the color of the sun? I am positive we have a mutual friend from that area since I've seen you posted in her yahoo group, but how is it I have never heard of you until the last couple of months? Small world idn't it?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

Floyds is Great too! When pushed, they make a great rare steak, but you have to tellthem to still let it be mooing. But raised in SA, my palate runs to rare steaks and enchaladas w/ refried beans! I WILL eat FRIED shrimp or FRIED catfish when pushed. LOL Actually, I would probably eat FRIED cardboard too!

Our friend is quite the gadabout these days. she needs to get her little hotbody back here as it is warming up enough to start garage sales again!

And I am somewhat new to the area ( just in time for the 3 horroricaines that rolled thru), and definitely low keyed ( except for my sillly postings!) Yes, the world gets smaller every day!

I Appreciate your response. Hope a few others will chime in. H^I^D could let us know about some of the good eateries in S'port, my memories of there are somewhat outdated.

OH ! Bridge City has Tequillias ( is that spelled right) that is a nice , atmosphere, place and serves pretty fair mexican food, even with a noon time buffet line. Right on Texas Ave ( the main drag).
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
srvfin
Valued Poster

OK..... got me started on the food thang now!

Steaks: Have you tried Tony's BBQ on Twin City Hwy? Best in town and good BBQ also.

Mexican: Acapulco on 69. They make these house fajita's loaded with veggies. Best broccoli you have ever eaten on your life! And the margarita's. They are close to re-opening since the fire.

Chinese: I am an addict! China Inn is the best! Don't do the sushi thang though (unless you count raw oysters).

Have some night life also with live music @ Dylan's and karaoke @ Good Times.

I've done the S'port trip 5 times in the past year with a past GF. A lot of fun. Downtown area is nice with quite a few bars to hang out in. Also, across the river in Bossier they have this cool little outdoor mall. Forget the name but they have a lot of places to shop and eat (Hooters, BWW, Saltgrass, etc) and I think a couple of nightclubs. Just don't go during the day in July or August for you will melt! All that concrete gets HOT! Fun town and you can gamble.

N E body else gonna chime in here......?
Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
68pony
Gaining Momentum

Schooner in Nederland on hwy 69. (Stuffed filet of flounder) I'm addicted to it.
La Suprema on 365 in Nederland or Cafe Del Rio I-10 & 11th St. for Mexican food.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
srvfin
Valued Poster

Ah yes..... The Schooner. My mom's favorite place. Very good seafood also. Now that lent is here I will probably be spending the next 4-5 Friday nights there. Surprised that I am not there right now..... Went to Larry's French Market last Saturday and had the best Shrimp Po-Boy I think I have ever had. Very good.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #7
MacTheKnife
Lifetime Premium Access

Bella Fresca on Line Avenue in Sport.

Superior Bar and Grill is also on Line Avenue. If you drink one of their margaritas, DON"T DRIVE.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:09 AM   #8
lemontrees
Pending Age Verification

Nice to have Texarkana check in, Mac!
Thread Closed