Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60026
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40337
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8
Default The Canadian Carpetbagger (Ted Cruz) is blasted by fellow GOP Senators

From Politico:

By MANU RAJU | 10/2/13 7:31 PM EDT Updated: 10/2/13 8:32 PM EDT

Ted Cruz faced a barrage of hostile questions Wednesday from angry GOP senators, who lashed the Texas tea party freshman for helping prompt a government shutdown crisis without a strategy to end it.

At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, Republican after Republican pressed Cruz to explain how he would propose to end the bitter budget impasse with Democrats, according to senators who attended the meeting. A defensive Cruz had no clear plan to force an end to the shutdown — or explain how he would defund Obamacare, as he has demanded all along, sources said.

Things got particularly heated when Cruz was asked point-blank if he would renounce attacks waged on GOP senators by the Senate Conservatives Fund, an outside group that has aligned itself closely with the Texas senator.

Cruz’s response: “I will not,” according to an attendee.

The closed-door Wednesday meetings hosted by the Senate’s conservative Steering Committee are supposed to be private, so senators interviewed for this article asked not to be named.

“It seems that there is nothing the media likes to cover more than disagreements among Republicans, and apparently some senators are content to fuel those stories with anonymous quotes,” Cruz told POLITICO. “Regardless, my focus — and, I would hope, the focus of the rest of the conference — is on stopping Harry Reid’s shutdown, ensuring that vital government priorities are funded, and preventing the enormous harms that Obamacare is inflicting on millions of Americans.”

But as the government shutdown heads into day three, a number of Republican senators privately blame the Texas freshman for contributing to the mess their party finds itself in. And now that they’re in it, they say it’s up to Cruz to help find a solution.

“It was very evident to everyone in the room that Cruz doesn’t have a strategy – he never had a strategy, and could never answer a question about what the end-game was,” said one senator who attended the meeting. “I just wish the 35 House members that have bought the snake oil that was sold could witness what was witnessed today at lunch.”

Over the August recess, Cruz made the rounds with conservative media and held rallies to call on his GOP colleagues to oppose any bill to keep the government running that would also continue funding Obamacare. As he won support on the right and among several dozen House conservatives, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) agreed to include the Obamacare defunding provision in a bill to keep the government running past Tuesday.

Cruz’s tactics culminated in a controversial 21-hour floor speech, where he derided many of his colleagues for lacking the courage to fight Obamacare. But because of complicated Senate procedures, he was calling on his 45 other GOP colleagues to filibuster the same House bill he endorsed — in order to prevent Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) from later stripping out that language

Including Cruz, just 19 Republicans backed his filibuster attempt, and Reid later killed the Obamacare language with just Democratic votes.

At the Wednesday lunch, Cruz was asked what he would have done had GOP senators united to filibuster the House bill.

“He kept trying to change the subject because he never could answer the question,” the senator said. “It’s pretty evident it’s never been about a strategy – it’s been about him. That’s unfortunate. I think he’s done our country a major disservice. I think he’s done Republicans a major disservice.”

In the run-up to the Tuesday deadline to fund the government, Cruz continued to press the anti-Obamcare fight, lobbying House conservatives to stiffen Boehner’s spine despite the prospects of a government shutdown. The speaker responded with bill after bill taking aim at pieces of the health care law. But Senate Democrats rejected each one up until the final hours of Monday night, prompting the first government shutdown since 1996.

Many Senate Republicans publicly and privately scoffed at the Cruz tactics, arguing that he was making a false and politically damaging promise that he could use the funding bill to gut Obamacare — since the law moved forward anyway on Tuesday despite the government shutdown. They argued President Barack Obama would never agree to gut his signature law. And they took great exception by Cruz and his allies in outside groups like the Senate Conservatives Fund to portray them as weak on Obamcare even though the party has furiously battled the law since the beginning of the president’s term in office.

“The entire effort has been totally disingenuous,” the senator said.

A spokesman for SCF rejected the criticism.

“If these senators had pledged to oppose funding for Obamacare, we wouldn’t have had to run ads against them,” said Executive Director Matt Hoskins. “They only have themselves to blame.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...3.html?hp=t1_3
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default Its official.....TEX is a birther

I call them like I read them. There you go Tex.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
It's official.....JD Idiot is a birther
Thanks JD for the update, but we knew it all along!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

STay with the lie, you like CJ will feel better.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
STay with the lie, you like CJ will feel better.

stay with your stupidity and you'll never know the difference

no budget in 5 years ... dumbass
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

JD is cleaning up in the educational field.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

This comes as a tremendous shock.

Cruz should be imprisoned for his behavior. I'd say hung, but then JDIdiot would want pictures of his JUNK and shit...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
From Politico:

By MANU RAJU | 10/2/13 7:31 PM EDT Updated: 10/2/13 8:32 PM EDT

At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, ....

The closed-door Wednesday meetings hosted by the Senate’s conservative Steering Committee are supposed to be private, so senators interviewed for this article asked not to be named.
So much for integrity ...
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #9
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

If Ted Cruz is a Canadian Carpetbagger then I say where can we find some more just like him. Most of those Canadian carp0etbaggers are actors and mouthpieces for the libtards.

The facts remain that the Obamacare act is one of the most horrendous pieces of legislation ever forced through a lame duck congress WITHOUT a vote by congress.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
.. Obamacare act is one of the most horrendous pieces of legislation ever ....

Obaminable at work as the "community organizer" ... !!! Result?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
If Ted Cruz is a Canadian Carpetbagger then I say where can we find some more just like him. Most of those Canadian carp0etbaggers are actors and mouthpieces for the libtards.

The facts remain that the Obamacare act is one of the most horrendous pieces of legislation ever forced through a lame duck congress WITHOUT a vote by congress.

Lame duck usually refers to the last part of a administration . Why an I not surprised you didn't know.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Calling Cruz a "Canadian Carpetbagger" looks every bit as desperate as calling Obama as Kenyan or a Muslim.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:

It is also virtually identical to health care plans the Republicans tried to push through as far back as when Bob Dole ran for president
BigLouie is online now   Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
It is also virtually identical to health care plans the Republicans tried to push through as far back as when Bob Dole ran for president
Did that plan have a mandated tax?
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Did that PROPOSED "plan" have a tax as an alternative to required insurance?
Did that PROPOSED "plan" allow a department secretary to pass out EXEMPTIONS?
Did that PROPOSED "plan" authorize the IRS to enforce its provisions?
Did that PROPOSED "plan" require centralized health and financial information?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women