Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 07-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3
Default The latest instance of "proof" of global warming.

Polar bear shot dead after attacking cruise ship tour guide as climate change pushes predators closer to human habitats

https://www.yahoo.com/news/polar-bea...101052565.html

The wingnuts will never cease to amaze me!

Do you think anyone will read the article? It rebuts the headline.

The normal common folks aren't stupid. When they realize just how perverted the leftist thugs are, what do the thugs think will happen? The fascist minions love this stuff. I pray they stay in the minority.

For those that don't want to read the article, a cruise ship tour went ashore on a remote island that has an abundance of polar bears. A bear was hungry, and proximate to the landing. The guide thought he could ignore the bear. The bear decided to eat him. Another guide shot the bear.

Anyone who knows anything about polar bears would say this is a fundamentally predictable outcome, likely to occur in this situation.

Attributing this to global warming is fascist propaganda proffered by racebaiting fascist thugs.

kehaar
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehaar View Post
Attributing this to global warming is fascist propaganda proffered by racebaiting fascist thugs.

kehaar
Is global warming occurring? Yes

Are human activities part of the reason for global warming? Probably

Is it worth spending trillions of dollars to reduce CO2 emissions in developed countries when China and India are going to emit lots more CO2 than we will either way? Probably not

Are people who write misleading articles about global warming racebaiting fascist thugs? Come on. They're just trying to sell advertising, like Fox News and MSNBC.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Is global warming occurring? Yes

Are human activities part of the reason for global warming? Probably

Is it worth spending trillions of dollars to reduce CO2 emissions in developed countries when China and India are going to emit lots more CO2 than we will either way? Probably not

Are people who write misleading articles about global warming racebaiting fascist thugs? Come on. They're just trying to sell advertising, like Fox News and MSNBC.

so while ignoring your view on global warming .. oh didn't you get the memo? it's now referred to as "Climate Change" because since the 70's there hasn't been the predicted temperature increase. Hockey stick graph ring a bell?

so you agree that Trump was right to pull out of the Paris climate change accords since all we'd be doing is giving away billions that won't make any real difference in India or China?

By the way, China is actually trying to reduce its coal usage. by going nuclear and by hydro-electric like the Three gorges dam. of course that plan had some drawbacks but when the State owns all the property it's rather easy to displace entire towns so you can flood that land.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #4
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
so you agree that Trump was right to pull out of the Paris climate change accords since all we'd be doing is giving away billions that won't make any real difference in India or China?
No, he was wrong to pull out of it. He should have stayed in and ignored it. I don't believe the Senate ever ratified the accord and don't believe there was any penalty for failure to comply. Like remedying unfair Chinese trade policies and reducing the money we spend defending other countries, he could get what he wants without the severe collateral damage. Unfortunately, he's not even 10% as diplomatic or devious as LBJ or Richard Nixon.

Quote:
By the way, China is actually trying to reduce its coal usage. by going nuclear and by hydro-electric like the Three gorges dam. of course that plan had some drawbacks but when the State owns all the property it's rather easy to displace entire towns so you can flood that land.
They will not reduce their coal usage. The Chinese will build a huge number of coal fired power plants in years to come.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #5
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
No, he was wrong to pull out of it. He should have stayed in and ignored it. I don't believe the Senate ever ratified the accord and don't believe there was any penalty for failure to comply. Like remedying unfair Chinese trade policies and reducing the money we spend defending other countries, he could get what he wants without the severe collateral damage. Unfortunately, he's not even 10% as diplomatic or devious as LBJ or Richard Nixon.

we were never in to begin with. you are correct the Senate didn't ratify it but you are wrong that Trump should have ignored it as Obama "adopted" it via executive order which of course he can't do if it were a treaty. what he did do, is try to bind his successor, in this case Trump, not Clinton as he anticipated, via an SOE. an SOE aka “sole executive agreement” as it turns out, is a murky little thing that depending on which constitutional scholar you ask, does not requite ratification. interesting that.

The U.S. can’t quit the Paris climate agreement, because it never actually joined

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b060808619b5

"A extended withdrawal period in a SOE would allow one president to unilaterally pre-commit his successor and limit the latter’s powers. Moreover, the four-year period does not appear accidental, but rather, designed to limit Trump’s ability to exit: If he does not do so now, his potential successor will have the ability to cancel the withdrawal before it takes effect."

sounds typical of Obama and his "interpretation" of Constitutional Law, i mean, after all he was a Law professor wasn't he?

They will not reduce their coal usage. The Chinese will build a huge number of coal fired power plants in years to come.

aren't they? most articles i found on Google say they are ..

https://www.scmp.com/comment/insight...-hungry-chinas

Why nuclear energy will fuel power-hungry China’s dreams of national rejuvenation

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ch...ays-2018-02-21

China set to overtake U.S. as biggest nuclear energy nation, IEA says

https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news...power-producer

How China has Become the World's Fastest Expanding Nuclear Power Producer

https://macropolo.org/full-steam-ahe...wer-ambitions/

Full Steam Ahead on China’s Nuclear Power Ambitions

while it appears China is having a hard time meeting its goals, they are moving forward ..

*Five new nuclear reactions will go online in China this year, but the country will need to bring six to eight online annually if it is to meet its 2020 target

*While 20 reactors are currently under construction, achieving this pace will be ‘quite difficult,’ a non-governmental organization said

https://www.caixinglobal.com/2018-04...101239239.html

China Struggling to Meet 2020 Nuclear Reactor Target, Report Says

just to ask, how many reactors are being built in the US at this time?

ONE.

It’s the first new U.S. nuclear reactor in decades. And climate change has made that a very big deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.61ee1e9bc9df
Old 07-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Waco, just did a little reading. I think we were both wrong, the Chinese coal consumption probably won’t grow or decline very much for foreseeable future. They are building a lot of coal plants. Maybe they’re retiring some of the older ones? Still you should see increases in their carbon emissions. They’ll burn a lot more natural gas
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:45 PM   #7
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Waco, just did a little reading. I think we were both wrong, the Chinese coal consumption probably won’t grow or decline very much for foreseeable future. They are building a lot of coal plants. Maybe they’re retiring some of the older ones? Still you should see increases in their carbon emissions. They’ll burn a lot more natural gas

show me an article that projects more new coal plants than the 20 plus nuclear ones now under construction.

should be easy to do if you read up on it, yeah?
Old 07-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #8
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

coal plants. I was under the impression, from what I've read of the chinese energy sector, is that they are retiring & closing old coal plants and not building any more which is a major source of air pollution which is choking many cities. They are going full on nuclear. I'm not surprise that they are having difficultly proceeding on schedule. what they are trying to is very ambitious and they'll run into production problems.

natural gas generation is just starting over there.

as a response to the smog (which btw, reduces temperature by 1 to 2 degrees), they built these so called air fitration towers which is designed to suck in smoggy air.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:55 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
coal plants. I was under the impression, from what I've read of the chinese energy sector, is that they are retiring & closing old coal plants and not building any more which is a major source of air pollution which is choking many cities. They are going full on nuclear. I'm not surprise that they are having difficultly proceeding on schedule. what they are trying to is very ambitious and they'll run into production problems.

natural gas generation is just starting over there.

as a response to the smog (which btw, reduces temperature by 1 to 2 degrees), they built these so called air fitration towers which is designed to suck in smoggy air.
Quote:
China Doubles Down on Coal Despite Climate Pledge
Coal would still make up more than half of the country’s energy mix by 2020, according to latest plan

By Brian Spegele Updated Nov. 8, 2016 12:00 a.m. ET

BEIJING—China’s government said it would raise coal power capacity by as much as 20% by 2020, ensuring a continuing strong role for the commodity in the country’s energy sector despite a pledge to bring down pollution levels.

(WSJ)

Quote:
As U.S. Shutters Coal Plants, China and Japan are Building Them
APRIL 23, 2015

China is building one coal-fired power plant every 7 to 10 days, while Japan plans to build 43 coal-fired power projects to replace its shuttered nuclear units....

China is expected to add the equivalent of a new 600-megawatt plant every 10 days for the next 10 years.

(IER)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:22 PM   #10
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
show me an article that projects more new coal plants than the 20 plus nuclear ones now under construction.

should be easy to do if you read up on it, yeah?
Shit Waco, You're starting to sound like LexusLover. You insist on arguing with me about things I actually know something about. If you want to win stick to subjects like World War II and Texas history. You'll kick my ass.

And if you're going to argue anyway, please remember, Google is your friend.

http://www.mining.com/chinese-compan...outside-china/

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...c0ad86aa5f05f0 (299 Chinese plants under construction, not 20)

This one is my favorite: http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/10/2/506/pdf

As of January, the Chinese government had shelved plans for 435 GW coal capacity, but there were still 116 GW of new capacity going ahead, in pre-construction phase, and 94 GW under construction. There are more coal fired power plants under coonstruction and still planned in China than in any other country. A typical Chinese coal plant apparently has a capacity of around 300 or 400 MW (94 GW / 299 plants under construction = 315 MW per plant). Source: Page 12 of the following,

https://endcoal.org/wp-content/uploa...st_2018_r6.pdf

Btw, if you were right, and you're not, it would strengthen the left's argument we should have stayed in the Paris Climate Agreement and should work hard to cut carbon emissions. If China and India were willing to reduce emissions (not just slow their growth) along with the developed world, and are more likely to do so if we do so, then cutting is not as likely to be an exercise in futility.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:58 AM   #11
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

The Earth is not fragile. We didn't make it. We can't break it.

Make up your mind. Which is it? Nobody knows shit!
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:40 AM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

The same old bullshit from the same old lemmings.

I don’t believe a word you say. But you probably don’t believe that either.

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through Iife.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:44 AM   #13
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

"Climate Change" Oh yea Gore said Miami and NY city would be underwater by 2014 ?????????????? , NOT
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Link?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #15
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

^ Watch Inconvenient Truth ( the first one , not the second where they cover up the lies in the first one) Then read The Really Inconvenient Truths for FACTs on the issue. Remember The Truth is Out There , But only if you look hard enough ,,
A poet once said people believe lies before truth and the bigger the lies the more they believe it. Attach a public school system that doesn't teach reasoning or thinking skills and people start to believe the TV and Web.
rexdutchman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women