Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160271
Yssup Rider59840
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35135
Mojojo33117

Old 07-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #16
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Waco, just did a little reading. I think we were both wrong, the Chinese coal consumption probably won’t grow or decline very much for foreseeable future. They are building a lot of coal plants. Maybe they’re retiring some of the older ones? Still you should see increases in their carbon emissions. They’ll burn a lot more natural gas
Tiny - clean burning natural gas will likely supplant coal and nuclear as both cleaner than coal, and no radiation like nukes.

Assup is still a faggot.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #17
Cherie
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 51103
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Best way to to take money from your pocket and add it into their pockets (the elitists and politicians of course) is with emotions and the fear of armageddon.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...s-wrong-again/
Cherie is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #18
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Shit Waco, You're starting to sound like LexusLover. You insist on arguing with me about things I actually know something about. If you want to win stick to subjects like World War II and Texas history. You'll kick my ass.

And if you're going to argue anyway, please remember, Google is your friend.

http://www.mining.com/chinese-compan...outside-china/

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...c0ad86aa5f05f0 (299 Chinese plants under construction, not 20)

This one is my favorite: http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/10/2/506/pdf

As of January, the Chinese government had shelved plans for 435 GW coal capacity, but there were still 116 GW of new capacity going ahead, in pre-construction phase, and 94 GW under construction. There are more coal fired power plants under coonstruction and still planned in China than in any other country. A typical Chinese coal plant apparently has a capacity of around 300 or 400 MW (94 GW / 299 plants under construction = 315 MW per plant). Source: Page 12 of the following,

https://endcoal.org/wp-content/uploa...st_2018_r6.pdf

Btw, if you were right, and you're not, it would strengthen the left's argument we should have stayed in the Paris Climate Agreement and should work hard to cut carbon emissions. If China and India were willing to reduce emissions (not just slow their growth) along with the developed world, and are more likely to do so if we do so, then cutting is not as likely to be an exercise in futility.

i think you are smart enough to understand that building a nuclear power reactor is slightly more involved than a coal fired plant?

by about two orders of magnitude if i had to venture a guess. maybe more.

i'll let you google what an "order of magnitude" means.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #19
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

Quote:
As U.S. Shutters Coal Plants, China and Japan are Building Them
APRIL 23, 2015

China is building one coal-fired power plant every 7 to 10 days, while Japan plans to build 43 coal-fired power projects to replace its shuttered nuclear units....

China is expected to add the equivalent of a new 600-megawatt plant every 10 days for the next 10 years.

(IER)

Japan, Germany and others like possibly France are fools to shutter their reactors. yes the spent material is an issue. but it's a nice way to get weapons grade material for nuclear devices.

guess which US president stopped very promising research into Thorium (which is making a comeback of sorts as a fuel for power plants) because it did not produce weapons grade material?

Dick Nixon!

unlike Chernobyl which was a full scale implementation of a 1950's British prototype design, which they quickly abandoned, there was nothing flawed about the reactor design in Japan. the problem was a 100 year tsunami and the generators to pump the cooling water.

had the tsunami not cut power to the pumps, the reactor wouldn't have gone critical.

by the way, Richard Branson contends that a 100 mile square solar plant in the US southwest desert could power the entire US with solar power.

well, if that's so, then do it!

i haven't seen anyone who confirms what he claims.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #20
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Shit Waco, You're starting to sound like LexusLover. You insist on arguing with me about things I actually know something about. If you want to win stick to subjects like World War II and Texas history. You'll kick my ass.

And if you're going to argue anyway, please remember, Google is your friend.

http://www.mining.com/chinese-compan...outside-china/

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...c0ad86aa5f05f0 (299 Chinese plants under construction, not 20)

This one is my favorite: http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/10/2/506/pdf

As of January, the Chinese government had shelved plans for 435 GW coal capacity, but there were still 116 GW of new capacity going ahead, in pre-construction phase, and 94 GW under construction. There are more coal fired power plants under coonstruction and still planned in China than in any other country. A typical Chinese coal plant apparently has a capacity of around 300 or 400 MW (94 GW / 299 plants under construction = 315 MW per plant). Source: Page 12 of the following,

https://endcoal.org/wp-content/uploa...st_2018_r6.pdf

Btw, if you were right, and you're not, it would strengthen the left's argument we should have stayed in the Paris Climate Agreement and should work hard to cut carbon emissions. If China and India were willing to reduce emissions (not just slow their growth) along with the developed world, and are more likely to do so if we do so, then cutting is not as likely to be an exercise in futility.
China is not limiting coal use because of climate change. They are doing so because their implementation of coal usage is hugely inefficient, and makes their country unlivable.

Proffering the concept that the Chinese government gives a shit about other people's misfortunes, even if they believe the global warming demagogues, shows utter ignorance.

These articles are funded and coordinated by the leftist fascist(obama, clintons(plural), Gore, Soros, etc.).

They are the same people that fund and organize the racebaiting destruction of black communities.

They fund and organize the fascist thugs who attack freely associating supporters of Donald Trump(I am not one of them) with mace, clubs, and various other forms of mayhem weapons while wearing Balaclavas.

They fund the effort to use foreign sources propaganda to sway our state, local, and national elections.

They harass and destroy the careers and lives of anyone who opposes their extremist ideology.

They pervert the scientific process to support the destruction of an efficient and effective system of organizing people to be productive(capitalism) to implement their vision of how people ought to be controlled(Chavism.)

If that description doesn't characterize fascist thugs, then I don't know what does.

Kehaar.
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:02 PM   #21
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehaar View Post
These articles are funded and coordinated by the leftist fascist(obama, clintons(plural), Gore, Soros, etc.).

They are the same people that fund and organize the racebaiting destruction of black communities.

They fund and organize the fascist thugs who attack freely associating supporters of Donald Trump(I am not one of them) with mace, clubs, and various other forms of mayhem weapons while wearing Balaclavas.

They fund the effort to use foreign sources propaganda to sway our state, local, and national elections.

They harass and destroy the careers and lives of anyone who opposes their extremist ideology.

They pervert the scientific process to support the destruction of an efficient and effective system of organizing people to be productive(capitalism) to implement their vision of how people ought to be controlled(Chavism.)

If that description doesn't characterize fascist thugs, then I don't know what does.

Kehaar.
Hilarious!!! Soros, Obama, the Clintons and fascist thugs with mace, clubs and balaclavas are intimidating people and infiltrating organizations, so that mining industry trade publications, academic economic researchers, and the Australian business press are LYING about Chinese coal fired power plants.

The people reading and writing three articles that I linked to don't give a rat's ass about global warming as far as you or I know. They're interested in supply and demand for coal.

You are right about the fourth link, it is from an anti-coal organization. It did however include a list of coal fired generating capacity, planned and under construction, by country, that I didn't find elsewhere, because I didn't look hard enough.

Quote:
China is not limiting coal use because of climate change. They are doing so because their implementation of coal usage is hugely inefficient, and makes their country unlivable.
You are right, that they're a lot more concerned about pollution than climate change. It's not inefficient though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Tiny - clean burning natural gas will likely supplant coal and nuclear as both cleaner than coal, and no radiation like nukes.
Fred, not necessarily in China. Although capital costs are higher, in the long term coal fired power plants in China are much cheaper than gas fired plants. This is because the Chinese pay a lot more for natural gas than we do. I believe the newer coal fired plants being built in China are much cleaner burning than the older ones. You're spot on in the USA, with natural gas at $3.00 per MMBTU. Also it costs a lot less to build a gas fired plant, and as you note gas is cleaner burning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
i'll let you google what an "order of magnitude" means.
Thanks Waco, I'll do that

Kehaar, I "liked" your post, very entertaining.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #22
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Hilarious!!! Soros, Obama, the Clintons and fascist thugs with mace, clubs and balaclavas are intimidating people and infiltrating organizations, so that mining industry trade publications, academic economic researchers, and the Australian business press are LYING about Chinese coal fired power plants.

The people reading and writing three articles that I linked to don't give a rat's ass about global warming as far as you or I know. They're interested in supply and demand for coal.

You are right about the fourth link, it is from an anti-coal organization. It did however include a list of coal fired generating capacity, planned and under construction, by country, that I didn't find elsewhere, because I didn't look hard enough.

You are right, that they're a lot more concerned about pollution than global warming.

Fred, not necessarily in China. Although capital costs are higher, in the long term coal fired power plants in China are much cheaper than in the U.S. This is because the Chinese pay a lot more for natural gas than we do. You're spot on in the USA.

Kehaar, I "liked" your post, very entertaining.

Thanks Waco, I'll do that
I am reasonably sure imelda marcos, evita peron, and Gerhardt Schroeder never wielded mace and tools of mayhem to enforce their agendas. They are fascist, and had their thugs do the intimidation. Perhaps you don't understand how demagogues work their magic.
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #23
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
I am reasonably sure imelda marcos, evita peron, and Gerhardt Schroeder never wielded mace and tools of mayhem to enforce their agendas. They are fascist, and had their thugs do the intimidation. Perhaps you don't understand how demagogues work their magic.
Imelda Marcos and Evita Peron? You're pulling our leg Kehaar. And you know better, while maybe she didn't know her way around a can of mace or a blackjack, Imelda was quite accomplished at using her sharp pointed high heels to pound her critics to a gruesome death.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #24
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

And that's a problem right there Go to the inter-web for FACTS , that's like saying CNN is honest ''' really
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:57 AM   #25
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

So what you’re saying is that yours is the only source of information is accurate? Believe nothing! Right?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:24 PM   #26
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

W ell fk me. I thought trump was going to make coal great again. I can't believe he lied to the American people smh. Oh yeah...he made health care great again too.
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 PM   #27
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

What makes ME laugh, is we keep hearing about how 'evil our reliance on oil and such is. BUT IMO those forest fires CA's been riddled with over the past 20+ years, have pumped out more smog/green house gasses and such, than 100 years of industry.
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:17 AM   #28
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
What makes ME laugh, is we keep hearing about how 'evil our reliance on oil and such is. BUT IMO those forest fires CA's been riddled with over the past 20+ years, have pumped out more smog/green house gasses and such, than 100 years of industry.

part of that is due to environmental restrictions on fighting fires. that's on them!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:35 AM   #29
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

ALL I'm saying is the WEB is NOT a go place to find FACTS ,, Just like CNN, If you don't understand that you will never get it ,,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #30
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
ALL I'm saying is the WEB is NOT a go place to find FACTS ,, Just like CNN, If you don't understand that you will never get it ,,,,
You should tell that to comrade iffy.
bamscram is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women